Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

color changes when gif is posted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kagemusha

Kagemusha

Registration date : 2006-12-03

color changes when gif is posted Empty
PostSubject: color changes when gif is posted   color changes when gif is posted Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 7:29 am

I am having an issue with pixelation.

I posted some variations of a character at https://microheroes.forumotion.com/t650p125-utsuro-ryu-microes-ii#427332

On the final version, I put the bmp and the gif.  I don't know why the gif is pixelating.  I am converting it using paint.net.

color changes when gif is posted Kagemu11
color changes when gif is posted Kagemu53

maybe pixelation is not the proper term but the change in the color is most noticeable around the legs. In the paint.net program it looks fine. The change seems to occur when it is posted.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: color changes when gif is posted   color changes when gif is posted Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 2:43 pm

When I WAS posting micros, before photobucket went to shite, I used and continue to use a program called irfanview. That will help with your conversion issues of 'spotting' on your micros.

color changes when gif is posted Ragxxi29color changes when gif is posted Fastes10color changes when gif is posted Rag_xx21color changes when gif is posted Em_s_f10color changes when gif is posted I_vote11color changes when gif is posted Emi10color changes when gif is posted Em_zps05e308ce color changes when gif is posted Kat-my13

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/m4ttne55
Kagemusha

Kagemusha

PostSubject: Re: color changes when gif is posted   color changes when gif is posted Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 3:51 am

Thanks.  I have downloaded it and am playing around. Having a rough time getting to do what I want  

Not sure I am doing it right but color changes when gif is posted Pixel_10

Not sure why it is working and the ones from paint.net are not but it appears to be good.

I appreciate the help.
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male
Aquarius Cat
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: color changes when gif is posted   color changes when gif is posted Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 4:54 am

I've always just saved as a png because it doesn't end up spotting like gif and jpeg do.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/eXtras/index.php?showforum=60
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: color changes when gif is posted   color changes when gif is posted Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 5:04 am

So, the image you have posted in that post you're linking to, is a gif right?
color changes when gif is posted Kagemu55

Once saved to my computer I don't see any problem with it.

But in your post here, there's one image that's a jpg, and one that's a gif, I'm guessing of that jpg. So since JPG are compressed images with some blur, making a gif of them will usually exacerbate the problems caused by the jpg conversion.

Now that last image, the only problem I see is that one white pixel that should probably be black

I myself will usually save as gif, using paint shop pro, which is also the program I use to make the micros, and when I do so it tells me 'this will limit the image to 256 colors, are you sure you wish to continue?', I say yes. the way I've set up my program and the way I make my micros mean that I rarely end up having more than 256 colours. if I do and notice a problem whilst converting to 256. I then save as a png to avoid problems. png is much lower weight than bmp, can handle transparency, progressive transparency and doesn't compress your pixels.

Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
Kagemusha

Kagemusha

PostSubject: Re: color changes when gif is posted   color changes when gif is posted Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 11:30 pm

Daisuke - are you then posting it as a PNG or do you convert after saving?
Back to top Go down
Kagemusha

Kagemusha

PostSubject: Re: color changes when gif is posted   color changes when gif is posted Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 11:35 pm

Dax - that is interesting because of my computer it's showing both as GIFs. However, that would explain the distinction. Going to have to look into that.

It would also make sense to me on another level. When I posted before, 10 years or so ago, I was using a free bare-bones program which I believe was called giffy.com. although if you look at my earlier micros there are tons of pixlairs, those were all from me. Giffy did not cause any change in the colorization.

As to the single Pixel error, I can't make it out on my phone, so I will take a look at it when I get to a computer. Although, at this point I can't rule out just bad art.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: color changes when gif is posted   color changes when gif is posted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

color changes when gif is posted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Microheroes International Board :: Creative Block :: Pixel Help-
Jump to: