Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Writer's block

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Writer's block Empty
PostSubject: Writer's block   Writer's block Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 4:26 pm

I promised to upload my Reed Richards already - but therfor I just cant get his BS even somehow right... im stuck.

Maybe one of you would be so nice to help?
This is what I have so far. But every new word, every new sentence just seems to make it more and more complicated and not fun to read AT ALL.

Prof. mult. Dr. mult. Reed Richards aka The Recreator
formerly known as Mr. Fantastic

mister fantastic  mister fantastic  mister fantastic
f.l.t.r.: old costume as Mr. Fantastic; activated powers; as The Originator; with helmet; fully closed helmet and powers activated

Reed Richards was known to be the smartest mind on earth. A child prodigy that sprinted to school, became the youngest undergraduate ever in californa and got his first doctors degree when only beeing 20 years old (many claiming he could have gotten it earlier if the academic guidelines didn't demanded atleast three years between sign up and handing in). He earned his first professors degree two years later together with his 7th doctors degree (when he left the university at the age of 28 he earned more than three dozens doctor degrees and 8 professors). Leading the now famous space exploration that mutated him and Benjamin Grimm, Susan and Johnny Storm, he shortly after became known as Mr. Fantastic - leader of the Fantastic Four. Most of the teams and Reeds archivments are known to all of you.

Six years before the story of MarvelNewDawn starts a teenage Franklin Richards from a dystopian future traveld to main-timeline Earth-1404. He asked Reed and the F4 to help him against his timelines Reed Richards, who turned into an insane dictator. Reed was eager to help and battle his evil counterpart. Together with his family and teammates they fought against the evil Reed of Franklins timeline that called himself The Maker. In the end their joint forced could overpower him. Reed was against any lethal actions but Franklin was persistant that all his past tries to simply retain the Maker only led to a more devastating comeback. Mr. Fantastic could overvote his future son and lobotomized The Maker. While his mind started to fail and leave behind a nearly braindead fleshbag evil Reed uttered his last words while looking off in the distance: "Why did you betray me? We all know... recreation of society... mankind needs... no other way..."
When the F4 traveled back to their own timeline they were shocked to meet a slightly older Franklin than the one they just helped waiting in their labatory. Before anyone could mumble a word of surprise Reed sprinted away to his childrens room. A big

Six years before the story of MarvelNewDawn starts a timetravler from a dystopian future arrives in the main-timeline: Earth-1404. Its a teenaged Franklin Richards that asks Reed and the F4 to help him against his timelines greatest adversary: Reed Richards, who turned into an insane dictator calling himself The Maker. The team and espacially Reed were eager to help and battle his evil counterpart. With their joint forces they were able to overpower and defeat the Maker. While Reed was against any lethal actions Franklin was persistant that all his past tries to simply retain the Maker only led to a more devastating comeback. Mr. Fantastic convinced everyone to follow his plan and lobotomized The Maker. While the mind of the former dictator started to fail and leave behind a nearly braindead fleshbag he uttered his last words: "Why did you betray me? We all know... recreation of society... mankind needs... no other way..."
When they planned on travelling back to their own timeline a slightly older Franklin (now arround 20 years old) appeared out of the blue, pushed Reed of the plattform and together with the rest of the team travelled to his even bleaker timeline. He revealed to them what the last words of evil Reed meant: their own teammate (and probably all Reeds) sooner or later came to the twisted conclusion that the biggest threat to earth and mankind were mankind itself. To test his theory Reed travelled to the timeline they just left and together with The Maker developed the plans to rule mankind. Not killing him was only done to not interfere with 'trial runs' in alternative futures that followed. Franklin showed them that even in main-timeine Earth-1404 Reed already began to set everything in motion - thats why he stopped them from travelling back. Susan didnt belive him until a teenaged Valeria

Last edited by Burningbird on Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Necroleaf

Necroleaf

Male
Gemini Snake
Registration date : 2006-12-21

Writer's block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writer's block   Writer's block Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 8:13 am

Hey BB, i read what you have written so far, and it looks promising.

I totally understand what it feels like when it comes to writer's block (though the current reason for me is recovery from a knee injury)

my only notes, which i hope could help you out goes like this:

• shorten his youth down to just the points of him being a child prodigy and jumping to his graduating numerous degrees at age 28. jump to the part that is obvious like leading himself, Ben, Sue and Johnny into space and becoming the Fantastic 4.
  • I do like the part of the story that had him and the team help out a time-displaced Franklin stop the Maker, perhaps have a point in which he eventually does the deed, but while the Maker dies and whispers into his ear, revealing to him how he became this way, he injects Reed with a serum that alters his brain patterns to that of the Maker's (sort of like how the Joker did in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker). 
  • Alternatively you could just have Reed have a moment in which he snaps mentally by the idea that he killed a version of himself, and seeing another version of Franklin had traumatised him into a downward spiral and become insane. sort of like becoming part of the loop that the Maker predicted would occur.

anyway, those were just some notes that could help you out, otherwise i look forward to seeing what you end up producing for Reed's Backstory.
- Necroleaf

Back to top Go down
http://obscurasolis.wordpress.com/
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Writer's block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writer's block   Writer's block Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 12:46 am

Thanks for the points in the right direction Necro. Biggest problem is propably that Im quite set on certain points but just cant find the right way to connect the dots.

But now that moving flats is almost over and office-work will hopefully slow down next week - I will give my best to finaly finish that damn backstory.
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Sponsored content

Writer's block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writer's block   Writer's block Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writer's block
Page 1 of 1