Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tower

Tower

Male
Aquarius Monkey
Location : behind you causing a cold sensation on the back of your neck
Image Software : paint.net... and the pickled brain of Leonardo Da Vinci
Registration date : 2006-12-02

The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Empty
PostSubject: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:15 pm

okay so here is a place I have to do my rants and social commentary as I often have rants and commentary and yet they would be considered to offensive by the staff of the board... SO for the first one I'll do a very basic topic moral choice games.

So moral choice games alway seam to bring the evil side out of me like yesterday i was playing kotor and there was this point where you had to kill a krayt dragon to get to the tatooine star map, so after the point where you kill the dragon you get the choice of splitting the pearls found in the dragons stomach or killing the NPC who helped you and taking his pearl as-well so I almost instinctively went for the option killing him rewarding me with dark-side points and a extra pearl of-course. and it makes me think if god was human he would be the most evil thing in the entirety of existence I mean look at Communist countries the only flaw in their system is that they give one guy all the power and that naturally shows that humans are the most evil thing ever if we have power over anything this is especially prevalent in male if you look at the figures most crimes committed by males are basically committed out of there own natural "dark-side" while females its more emotional like crimes of passion. its the whole thing means that the majority of male gamers when playing a moral choice game like some RPG or most god games will chose to do the evil choices...

also they'll choose play a girl. just putting it out there
Back to top Go down
Squigfly

Squigfly

Male
Taurus Pig
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:36 pm

Yeah, I always go for the evil option too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:00 pm

That's a cool ..erm...topic of discussion :O

I USUALLY PLAY WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE PLAYING AS IN GAMES. MY FRIEND JAY ON THE OTHER HAND, I'VE WATCHED HIM PLAY FABLE AND MASS EFFECT AND ALL OF THOSE. HE TRIES SO HARD TO BE EVIL, BUT HE CAN'T EVER DO IT. ALL OF HIS CHOICES ARE BEING NICE TO THOSE IN NEED IN THOSE GAMES XD SO WHILE MY CHARACTER'S SITTING THERE WITH HORNS AND BLACK CLOTHES AND SO-ON, HIS CHARACTER IS SITTING THERE WITH A SHAFT OF HOLY LIGHT, AND BRIGHTER CLOTHES LOL

Last edited by Felicity on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tower

Tower

Male
Aquarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 pm

its not to hard to be evil in fable just do everything killy and maimy, but some people just cant be evil no matter what they try this is more common females and less in males you and jay seem to be exceptions and quite frankly a 1 in a million chance of you two meeting

Last edited by Tower on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:07 pm

INDEED, THE ONLY ISSUE IS THAT HIM AND I HAVE AGREED THAT WHEN WE PLAY GAMES, WE MAKE CHOICES AS IF WE WERE THE CHARACTERS OURSELVES. IT USUALLY ENDS UP WITH MINE BEING GOOD A LOT AND SAME WITH HIS. USUALLY ON MY SECOND PLAY THROUGH IS WHEN I PICK WHAT I WANT THE CHARACTER'S ALIGNMENT TO BE. IT APPEARS NATURALLY HIM AND I ARE GOOD-NATURED PEOPLE.
Back to top Go down
Tower

Tower

Male
Aquarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:24 pm

oh kel that just isn't how theses games should be played I consider these not to be what if I was him and I had my strong moral compass more like what the fuck I'll do whatever my mind thinks is best and I'm not talking about my higher brain functions but ever part of me thats the base human without the social stigma that we have been brought up with.

also if you would like to post and think you might annoy me by disagreeing with me and haven't posted you post whatever you want as-long as its 1) informed 2) your actual opinion and 3) its not thread jacking like say "what are you talking about your saying that all people left to there own devices are gonna murder everyone the come across, thats just stupid and you can go die" that is not informed or your actual opinion also its a threat which is just gonna make me paranoid.

Last edited by Tower on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:31 pm

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN ENTIRELY. IT'S HOW I PLAY THE SECOND TIME THROUGH (AND ANY TIMES AFTER, REALLY). WHAT IT BOILS DOWN TO FOR ME IS, ON THE FIRST TIME PLAYING I WILL BE MYSELF IN THIS PERSON'S SHOES. ON THE SECOND TIME THROUGH, I WILL TRY TO HAVE THE BEST ANYTHING, AND I'M GOING TO CUT STUFF DOWN NICE AND GOOD. USUALLY ENDS UP WITH ME IN THE EVIL ZONE!
Back to top Go down
Tower

Tower

Male
Aquarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:25 am

alright I decided to a sub post this wont be a normal occurrence but I decide to do anyway what the hell its my thread and it pertains to the current topic.

In most normal developed humans we have this line its not a physical line but its there its a thing called common sense and as-well as being useful for other things it helps us to tell what is the real world and what is fantasy it also is considered by idiots that think there experts like Jack Thompson that gamers don't have this line and that we will kill everyone around us if we got our hands on games like manhunt and while for some gamers yes that is true but these gamers are less than 0.01% of all gamers who should have been institutionalized years ago. common sense is also used as a moral compass and the modern world doesn't seam to have that like today I heard about two kids who were furies (if you don't know what that is then you probably don't want to) ill call kid A and kid B tried to kill kid A's parents, kid A agreed to have his penis bitten off by kid B if he did, this is like what morals do they have if they think that killing people is okay and what common sense do they have if the think bitting anything off of someone's body, even for sexual purposes, is a good idea "yes you can bite that off I only need it to pee and reproduce" were they even taught anything about the human body, I'm a strong believer in intelligent design if you look at the human body you see that this isn't just random mutation taking place first off our intestines have little... for lack of a better term follicles that make it so we can absorb necessary nutrients more efficiently our brain is folded multiple times to increase the amount of neurons in our brain this isn't just some random cobbling of genes and yet some people think its okay to mutilate them self's with tattoos and piercings yes I know its your choice and yay for you. but if life has taught me anything is people are stupid not just that guy with the helmet on his head but everyone is stupid your stupid, I'm stupid every human alive is stupid its just most of us are to proud to admit it and some people prove it to often like people that get tattoos on their face if you get one there it should say I'm fucking retarded nobody wants someone with a tattoo on their face if you get a tattoo it should be in a very non-visible place like your colon or somewhere like that only easier to get to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:02 am

Well, about the tattoos..

Some people do indeed want somebody with a face tattoo, because they find it attractive. Same goes for earrings, and all other adornments. Attractive is a subjective view that varies from person to person and as such, some people feel that a tattoo is attractive.

Other people get tattoos for personal reasons. I know a couple who had their two sons die in Iraq, and they had gotten a cross and 'in memory of' with their names tattooed on them. My friend is getting the Latin word for courage tattooed on his arm, because it allows him to always have courage, which is something he lacks sometimes.

My point is, while some people find tattooing and piercing and other such body modifications ugly and horrible, others find it more attractive or do it as a means of personal expression, family or group ties (such as with africa and other cultures), or some other means. Mind you I do not support some of the more extreme body modifications, such as scarring or dismemberment, it is how they as a person (or group of people) have chosen to live, and that is how they will continue to.

On the topic of intelligent design, that's another subjective piece, whereas some believe we were created by an almighty omnipotent force, others believe there is scientific evidence of our evolution. That's a topic I won't go into, because as with most things, it has a religious base, and religion is a very touchy subject amongst the human populace.
Back to top Go down
Sever
CC Advisors
CC Advisors
Sever

Male
Taurus Dragon
Image Software : Paint
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:16 am

if kid a is stupid enough to let his cock get bitten off, he cant reproduce, and his stupid ass genes arent passed on to future generations. idiots die, natural selection prevails. whatre you complaining about?
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Digital_Genesis/index.php?act=idx
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male
Aquarius Cat
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:42 am

I can understand the whole moral compass bit, in the Fable games I played the story through natural like made the choice I feel was right at the time depending on the mood I was in, same with Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls, even in Fallout 3 I tended to play based on the morals I had. Most of the time the character came out relatively good. Then I would play the games over making only right or wrong choices to see how good or evil I could be, and it is way easier to be evil in most games I noticed you gain items and money a lot faster and it is just more fun to go and slaughter all the characters in a village rather than spend forever being nice to every NPC.

But I tend to like being the hero more because it feels a bit more natural for me.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/eXtras/index.php?showforum=60
Tower

Tower

Male
Aquarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:50 am

okays so today is a new item butt first I'll address a few things kel said

Felicity wrote:
Some people do indeed want somebody with a face tattoo, because they find it attractive.

yes I know some people are attracted by face tattoos when I said nobody wants people with face tattoos I was talking more about in the business world

Felicity wrote:
I know a couple who had their two sons die in Iraq, and they had gotten a cross and 'in memory of' with their names tattooed on them.

what the fuck. have these people not heard of needle point or a photograph, I think getting a tattoo of the names of their dead sons is a bit extreme and painful. are you sure they are in a correct mental capacity.

Felicity wrote:
My friend is getting the Latin word for courage tattooed on his arm, because it allows him to always have courage, which is something he lacks sometimes.

okay is he sure he wants to get something that permanent, there are several other methods, like a bracelet or necklace with the word courage on it or repeating the phrase you are courageous in the mirror every morning. just saying

Felicity wrote:
My point is, while some people find tattooing and piercing and other such body modifications ugly and horrible, others find it more attractive or do it as a means of personal expression, family or group ties (such as with africa and other cultures), or some other means. Mind you I do not support some of the more extreme body modifications, such as scarring or dismemberment, it is how they as a person (or group of people) have chosen to live, and that is how they will continue to.

Yes I know there are some cultural forms of tattooing like in samoa they have cultural tattoos, and they are the ones I'm okay with, one's with deep meaning to a person or the culture said person is apart of.

Felicity wrote:
On the topic of intelligent design, that's another subjective piece, whereas some believe we were created by an almighty omnipotent force, others believe there is scientific evidence of our evolution. That's a topic I won't go into, because as with most things, it has a religious base, and religion is a very touchy subject amongst the human populace.

Im okay with you talking about it, after-all debating is how we get rid of stupidity and we all know stupidity is a bad thing

oh an sever if you let people think its okay to get their penis bitten off you end up with one person with a penis who is super smart but because he is the only guy in the world with a penis he will have his pick of women of which he will go for the hottest women he could find and if life has taught me any thing its that 1) she will not be the smartest woman around and 2) she will be mostly fake making it so she isn't the best genetic stock and if you don't know what thats all about then I'll tell you attractiveness is a sign of how good your genes its how scientists believe early man picked a mate nowadays its a seems to be a sign of how much money you have.

okay new topic will be posted around 2PM GMT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:11 am

I'd tear up your points but, I'm not really in the mood to start a flamewar with you..
Back to top Go down
Tower

Tower

Male
Aquarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 am

awww...
Back to top Go down
Sever
CC Advisors
CC Advisors
Sever

Male
Taurus Dragon
Image Software : Paint
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:51 pm

theres.....certainly enough flame war fodder here though

i gotta ask, are you of a correct mental capacity? being so ignorantly intolerant of other peoples lifestyles tends to indicate that you're not. who the f*ck are you to support or oppose body modification? your a good example of everything wrong with the world, you cant stick to a live and let live philosophy, you gotta bitch and moan about things that arent common place in your culture, though is in others.

grow up and piss off.

oh, and you cant let people think getting their dick bitten off is normal...because its not...but if one idiot out of a thousand wants to anyway, who are you to tell them they cant?
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Digital_Genesis/index.php?act=idx
Invité

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Sever wrote:
theres.....certainly enough flame war fodder here though

i gotta ask, are you of a correct mental capacity? being so ignorantly intolerant of other peoples lifestyles tends to indicate that you're not. who the f*ck are you to support or oppose body modification? your a good example of everything wrong with the world, you cant stick to a live and let live philosophy, you gotta bitch and moan about things that arent common place in your culture, though is in others.

grow up and piss off.

oh, and you cant let people think getting their dick bitten off is normal...because its not...but if one idiot out of a thousand wants to anyway, who are you to tell them they cant?

That looks like Sever has landed his Flamewar Megacannon....164 HITS!
Back to top Go down
Patrick O'Leary

Patrick O'Leary

Male
Taurus Rooster
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Oh kaaaaaaaay.
This is way out of hand.
I'm locking this for the board's good.
It'll be locked for a short time until the current topic of discussion has cooled down and any signs of conflict have dispersed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended   The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tower - a blog by Tower - Not for the easily offended
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Microheroes International Board :: General Discussion :: Old Conversations-
Jump to: