Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Vampires in Movies, Books and TV

Go down 
+7
Fireaver
Digclaw
Omnis Ra
Shinobu
Baragon
darksteelblonde
Kat
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat
Kat

Female
Aries Snake
Image Software : Photoshop / Animation Shop
Registration date : 2006-11-25

Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Empty
PostSubject: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:05 am

There are lots of kinds of vamps out in the world today and I wanted to see who liked what. Here's the ones I like and can think of.

Twilight - Yes, I like them, but their disco balls. THAT part I think is stupid as heck. Not to mention if their bite was venomous like that there would be ALOT more of them. I can't help but love Edward in the books though. Bella is a pushover... well, was.

Vampire Diaries - Books are great! They're kinda getting waaay off now, but still not too bad. The TV show I'm totally addicted to. The previews of the season finale make me want to watch is like crazy!!

True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries - For the most part what vampires should be. Their lying, deceitful backstabbers who will do anything to get what they want. The synthetic blood is actually a pretty cool idea and could actually happen.

Love at Stake - This is a romance book series which is totally addicting for me. This series portrays vamps as they should be: burning in the sun, quick to anger and always hungry. Not to mention I love the kilts.

Interview with a Vampire/Vampire Chronicles - Definitely some of the best visions of vamps. I'm still reading this series since I recently found out there were more books to it.

Dracula - Depends on which one you see... I have yet to read this one, but I really should. There are so many versions out there it's amazing. Van Helsing's version wasn't too bad since he seemed like what you'd imagine him then.

Salem's Lot - Haven't read this one yet, but my husband is trying to get me to.

Blade - The movie was good until 3, didn't like that one. Just felt like vamps who were... you know, vamps.

I know I'm missing some here...

Edit:

Underworld - I think Selene is the perfect example of a vampire in the modern world and the Underworld shows the politics in their world.

Last edited by Kat on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:08 pm

I don't mind the twilight vampires, because i understand their skin is supposed to be like those shiny rock statues that glisten.....

My favorite vampires are from Underworld, Blade, Queen of the Damned, and Interview with a vampire *nod*
Back to top Go down
http://darksteelblonde.deviantart.com/
Baragon
Jr. Mods
Jr. Mods
Baragon

Male
Leo Rooster
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Have you tried Laurell K. Hamilton's "Anita Blake" ?

Here, like in true blood, vampire gain a legal status, the main character, Anita Blake, is a "reanimator" who rise dead for legal purpose (people who need to say goodby, if the victim know his assassin, lastwill difficulty...) and has the duty of Executioner for outlaw vampire or people who had a "no come back" lastwill

"We will fight till our very last pixel. Every one of us !
Is this madness ?... NO ! THIS IS MICRO !!!!!!!"
Vampires in Movies, Books and TV BaragonSmileyThanks KooshVampires in Movies, Books and TV BaragonSmiley
Back to top Go down
Shinobu

Shinobu

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : Paint/Photoshop
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Some may disagree but i kinda like the Vampires in Daybreakers. They are more realistic than some because they are extremely allergic to Sunlight and have to constantly drink blood like a normal vampire, but they also seem more realistic because they are still like humans. If you've seen the film they pretty much all lead the lives they did as humans only they sleep in the day and work at night. Also if they dont keep drinking blood their bodies start to mutate which is kinda cool because its like a withdrawal symtom from a drug. Dont get me wrong i love Blade, salems lot and all the other vampires movies that dont include shiny vampires *cough * fairy princesses *cough* but these appeal to me more because i could sorta see that sort of thing happening which kinda makes it that little more cooler. Too bad the movie sucked XD but the concept is still good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKEu3InZJgEuXqWTO54t1Q
Omnis Ra

Omnis Ra

Male
Sagittarius Goat
Image Software : MS PAINT

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:20 pm

What about 30 Days of Night, Bloodsuckers, Breeders (not a vampire movie for say but the things do go for the red juicy stuff)
Back to top Go down
Digclaw

Digclaw

Male
Taurus Horse
Image Software : Photoshop

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Near Dark
Innocent Blood
buffy and angel of course
john carpenters vampires, the first one not the john bon jovi one
from dusk till dawn was fun
vampire hunter d
The Legacy of Kain games (especially the first one, blood omen)
shadow of the vampire was clever

the original Dracula is probably one of the worst written books ever
clunky dialog and terrible pacing
and take into account who his literary contempararies at the time were.... terrible writer
Back to top Go down
http://microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/User:Digclaw
Fireaver

Fireaver

Male
Aquarius Rooster
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Digclaw wrote:

I like the idea of evolving into monsters, that is really something special
Back to top Go down
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Fireaver wrote:
Digclaw wrote:

That's from Soul Reaver. It's the first game of the series I have played and the only one I haven't as of today is the first Blood Omen. That's a universe I like. Different than what we're used to see.

Other types of vampires I like :
Anne Rice universe : Interview with the Vampire, Lestat the Vampire, Queen of the Damned and the others books in the vampire chronicles. I liked the movie Interview with the Vampire as well and that's what got me into reading the books. Although the Queen of the Damned movie was a horrible movie and should be deleted from existence.
Charlaine Harris : Discovered The Southern Vampire Mysteries with the tv series True Blood, I really want to read the books now.
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust a feature length anime
Hellsing, a manga as well as a 13 episode anime and now a series of OVA called Hellsing Ultimate. I really like the main vampire Alucard.
Vampire: The Masquerade the pen and paper RPG by White Wolf. These vampire are cool as well.

Also the vampires from Buffy or Underworld aren't half bad, but they're not as interesting as the others above. (to me at least)

Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
Razor Infinity

Razor Infinity

Male
Libra Goat
Image Software : MS Paint and the Funk machine.
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Just thought I'd mention the anime " Blood +" which while not explicitly calling the antagonists vampires definately based them on them, they are called Chiropterans coming from the scientific name for Bat, but yea, some pretty cool more monstrous vamps.
Back to top Go down
Fireaver

Fireaver

Male
Aquarius Rooster
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:33 am

Dax wrote:
Fireaver wrote:
Digclaw wrote:

That's from Soul Reaver. It's the first game of the series I have played and the only one I haven't as of today is the first Blood Omen. That's a universe I like. Different than what we're used to see.

In Blood Omen you see that evolution on Vorador, and he surely doesnt look like human
Back to top Go down
MapleDog

MapleDog

Male
Libra Horse
Image Software : MS Paint Pixia Photofiltre
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:36 pm

I know it probably been posted before,but it deserves a repost
Vampires Aren't.....
Back to top Go down
http://mapledog.50megs.com/index_1.html
Digclaw

Digclaw

Male
Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Razor Infinity wrote:
Just thought I'd mention the anime " Blood +" which while not explicitly calling the antagonists vampires definately based them on them, they are called Chiropterans coming from the scientific name for Bat, but yea, some pretty cool more monstrous vamps.

wasn't blood+ a continuation of blood the last vampire??
Back to top Go down
Razor Infinity

Razor Infinity

Male
Libra Goat
Image Software : MS Paint and the Funk machine.
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:55 pm

I believe it was kinda loosely based on the movie.
Back to top Go down
Digclaw

Digclaw

Male
Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Oh and the Doctor Who concept of vampires that are basically intyerdimesional space demons the size of a moon, thet can only be killed by flying a spearshaped spaceship through there hearts
and they can turn humans into subvampires that are just like the vampires we all know and love
Back to top Go down
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Well that's beautifully complex scratch
Back to top Go down
http://darksteelblonde.deviantart.com/
thetrappedartist

thetrappedartist

Female
Aries Buffalo
Image Software : Basic MS Paint
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Vampires   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:15 am

Twilight didn't float my boat much at all but I loved the Vampire Diaries when I was a young teen. The tv show is awesome though and a lot better in many ways Smile

Blade's vamps I feel are very modern; I mean you really can't go around draining ppl of blood without attracting some serious media coverage. It's probably the most realistic with the bood donations/farms.

Dracula (the book) is a joke but the movie with Gary Oldman and Wionna Ryder is awesome. Gothic, sexy, a bit gross and twisted: perfect.

Anne Rice's vampires are the epitome of sophsitication and culture. They are removed in many ways (no sex for them!) and they don't interect with humans much. If I had to compare them I'd say they ere the "High Elves" version of vampires. Capable of violence but aloof.

Never read True Blood...and the Buffy/Angel vampires reminded me of soap operas. Violent when planned but overall funny.

Vampire Hunter D is cool but you really don't get to see much from the animes. Wish they would put out more.

One which hasn't been mentioned is Anita Blake the Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton. Really, until the 10th or 11th book the sex was pretty low key and if it was there it was nasty deviant vampire torture. The vampires in her series are ruthless, violent, sexual and cruel. They are powerful "monsters" and even have control over other shapeshifters based on their animal they can "call". Definetly reccomend this series so far; books are the "grab-you-won't-let-go-until-you-finish" kind and involve all the goodies above and zombies/voodoo/magic too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thetrappedartist.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampires in Movies, Books and TV   Vampires in Movies, Books and TV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampires in Movies, Books and TV
Page 1 of 1