Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Halloween costume

Go down 
+6
Burningbird
croc5
Razor Infinity
Lomeli
MapleDog
Ghost_Spider
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : Aseprite
Registration date : 2007-03-31

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Hey there,guys.

So,halloween is here,and this year I decided to go to a fantasy party.They're not very popular around here,but people like it anyway. Usually I don't take part on these kind of things,but this year I decided to go. Which fantasy will I use,you ask?

Well,just look at my avy. Twisted Evil

Yep,I'll go as Wolverine! I got the whole costume ready,based on the Origins look: White tank top,Jeans,boots... But well,I wasn't gifted with 6 sharpen claws nor adamantiun skeleton.

So,I need to craft the prosthesis of the claws. I'll make them using wood and a few nails. just found a good site showing ow to do it:

http://web.aanet.com.au/~tachyon/projects/claws/index.html

I'm really excited with the idea,so I'll post the progress here and show the final result until next friday (the party day).

Well,I'm not a great of a carpenter (I'll use purely my artistic instincts),so if anyone have any tips to help me,it'd be really apreciated.

Well guys,wish me luck! Twisted Evil

EDIT: Here's what I got so far:

Halloween costume Foto0003pt
The Cardboard templates.

Halloween costume Foto0002xw
Me with the costume and the templates.

Dad's gonna help me out with the carpentry.

Halloween costume DG8K4HSHalloween costume 4xp04zDHalloween costume GKEgDYEHalloween costume Nxa02gqHalloween costume EsMB5V3Halloween costume RIPRP4CHalloween costume Nesd9yYHalloween costume N6QKswuHalloween costume 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
[03:24:06] * Ghost_Spider turns to lil pengy and dances pengy dance.
[03:25:00] Razor Infinity : this is a real kodak moment.
Back to top Go down
MapleDog

MapleDog

Male
Libra Horse
Image Software : MS Paint Pixia Photofiltre
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:05 pm

You'd look better in yellow spandex lol!
Back to top Go down
http://mapledog.50megs.com/index_1.html
Lomeli

Lomeli

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : mtPaint
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Are you going to grow out your hair to look more like Wolverine? The claws look pretty good so far. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ultimatelomeli.deviantart.com/
Razor Infinity

Razor Infinity

Male
Libra Goat
Image Software : MS Paint and the Funk machine.
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Lomeli wrote:
Are you going to grow out your hair to look more like Wolverine? The claws look pretty good so far. Smile

In less than a week?
Back to top Go down
Lomeli

Lomeli

Male
Taurus Rooster

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Anything's possible if you put your mind to it! Very Happy (Except defying the laws of physics. Neutral )
Back to top Go down
croc5
probation
probation
croc5

Male
Capricorn Horse
Image Software : I have...stuff
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 2:25 am

Lomeli wrote:
Anything's possible if you put your mind to it! Very Happy (Except defying the laws of physics. Neutral )
I'm sorry but obviously we haven't met; I'm known as Inanimate and I have power over all reality, whether it's people to planets and stuff... Laughing joker Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ourgang.forumotion.com/
Lomeli

Lomeli

Male
Taurus Rooster

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 2:34 am

Obviously you don't count as a law of physics, Croc, you're something more!
Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:32 pm

do it like the guys from jackass..when they need hair for beard.. well they shave arround an other area... but lets forget about this

the pic of you using the claws looks cool but i think in real they look rather plain now..maybe some silver paint... sth to hold them more easily (you dont want to run arround with two fist the whole evening or?) and fini

ps: leather jacket wilkl bring you nearer to the look
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Lomeli

Lomeli

Male
Taurus Rooster

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:46 pm

Silver paint can only do so much. What about tin foil? It'll give it a more metallic look, or maybe a silver colored paint from a spray can?
Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:47 pm

with paint i meant from a spray can..^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Lomeli

Lomeli

Male
Taurus Rooster

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Gotcha. I was thinking that maybe you were, but I'm no mind reader. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:20 am

At the growing hair thing: Well,people in Xavier's school dont call me the "Werewolf" for nothing,ya know...

Anyway,burningbird: That pic's just the cardboard template.I won't hold them separately the whole night,I'll attach them togheter using nails.

I just got my leather jacket clean and ready to rock. Twisted Evil

The first wood attempt failed miserably.They didn't fit my knuckles right and the wood was too weak. ¬¬

Round 2 coming up,dad got a decent set of woods. Already remade the templates,they're more round-ish this time,just hope they work better.

And thanks for the tips on the spray can,I was thinking of using good n' old brush,but a silver spray may work better.

Halloween costume DG8K4HSHalloween costume 4xp04zDHalloween costume GKEgDYEHalloween costume Nxa02gqHalloween costume EsMB5V3Halloween costume RIPRP4CHalloween costume Nesd9yYHalloween costume N6QKswuHalloween costume 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
Back to top Go down
Di Vinci

Di Vinci

Male
Aries Buffalo
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 1:48 am

I would suggest a thin nozzle on the spray can if you go that way, and make sure to prime first so that it doesn't look to dull.

and one last suggestion don't just cut the wood to a point out of the template, widdle the point about with a knife and use some sand paper so you can thin it just abit while being able to keep the woods strength.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:30 am

Well,I guess it'll have to wait:

Dad said something like that (a brass knuckle with three pointy wood claws) is considered a weapon, and it's forbidden ito carry on clubs and closed parties.

So,back to ground zero: dad told me to use a plastified cardboard,it's safe and strong enough to last for a night (even tho I'll just throw it away the next day,so...).

So,we made the whole thing,it's ready for use,just need to be painted.

I want to use a spray can,dad wanna use powder coat,used to paint rims from a car's wheel.

The color is perfect,but I dunno the result. Gonna need to wait.

Here's the whole thing:

Halloween costume Claws2
Halloween costume Claws21

It'll work well. Twisted Evil

SO,uh... If anybody else has plans for halloween costumes,feel free to post here as well. Very Happy

My Temp

Last edited by Ghost_Spider on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bub

Bub

Male
Libra Pig
Image Software : MS Paint XP
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:31 am

phototaking skill.
Back to top Go down
Lomeli

Lomeli

Male
Taurus Rooster

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:34 am

Those claws look amazing! You must go over the whole process in excruciating detail.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy

Male
Aquarius Cat
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Wow, I loved the garras, nice guy
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:29 am

Ok so:

Last friday,the party which was suposed to be a costume party WASN'T a costume party.

It was like a rave for kids,and me and my group of friends were looking like idiots the whole damn night. A Wolverine,a rebel student,a gangster and a Lara Croft between a bunch of 13 old kids the whole night. That was frustrating. The worst part was that I wasn't able to find out what would be like the mix of Wolverine and Lara Croft,if you know what I mean,but that's another subject for another time... Twisted Evil

BUT!

Next friday there'll be a REAL costume party,in the school my friends study. And this time Wolvie will leave his mark on the hearts of the mortals. My friends now want to form a X Men costumed team to go to the party. That'll be stupid. lol

And for those who are curious to know how the costume came along:
Halloween costume Foto0007c
Halloween costume Foto0002pf
Halloween costume Foto0010

The Claws worked perfectly! I needed to re-arrange them to use next friday,because they were kinda crooked,but now they are respectful. Unfortunatelly mye hair and Beard didn't grow in a obscene rate as I expected,but it's long enough so I can comb it up and back,.

As for the whole process thing:

You need cardboard (plastified onemif posible),a broomstick,a drill and thick wire (not sooo thick).

Make the templates in styrofoam or common cardboard.Gotta look like this (bigger,obviously):
Halloween costume Garras

Adjust it with a scissor so it fit the spaces between your fingers.Make four of them of the same size,and 2 of them a little longer. They'll ne the middle ones.

Next up: cut the broomstick in four small pieces,small enough to fit your hands. Line them all togheter and create two sets of holes to pass the wire pieces. tighten it,paint it silver and you have a good set of Wolverine claws.

Here's a rough sketch of the process:

Halloween costume Garrasj

I hope you guys like it,and I hope it'll be useful for whoever wants to play Wolverine on a costume party or in a Sanatorium! Very Happy

And wish me luck next friday!

My Temp
Back to top Go down
Lomeli

Lomeli

Male
Taurus Rooster

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Oh, I know what you mean alright. Laughing
Thanks for the step-by-step, GS, and hopefully you enjoy your actual costume party and Lara Croft. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Anth

Male
Cancer Monkey
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Nice job GS, definitely have the Wolverine vibe going on.

Thought I'd share my costume too, (me and my girlfriend)
Halloween costume 148665_153289831380706_100000990701642_264804_1713571_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halloween costume Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costume   Halloween costume Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halloween costume
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Microheroes International Board :: General Discussion :: Old Conversations-
Jump to: