Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Mortal Kombat 9

Go down 
+4
TheDenDen
Spyda-Man
Ghost_Spider
darksteelblonde
8 posters
AuthorMessage
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2010-03-01

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:08 am

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-games-playstation-3/142850-mortal-kombat-9-a.html

Go there, check out the videos and screen shots, post what you think and how you feel about it.

I personally love Scorpion's costume looking more like a scorpion, and I really really like how a lot of the graphics and finishers are this time around.

They really seem to want to make up for the suckfest that was MK v DC in my opinion.

Discuss Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://darksteelblonde.deviantart.com/
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : Aseprite
Registration date : 2007-03-31

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:28 am

For what I've seen so far,this is exactly what the fans were expecting for a HD Next-gen MK,not the crapload of poor titles we had on the past years.

It's all nostalgic and modern at the same time,wild,violent,beautiful,just like it was about 10 years ago.

As for my character impressions: I LOVED Kung Lao,Raiden,Johnny Cage and Sub-Zero. I didn't like Scorpion THAT much. I think they should have kept the MKxDC version,maybe with a few modifications.

I dunno,it's just,when you see the other characters,they all seem so realistic,and Scorpion looks too fantastic,I don't think it fits the general background.

I know,I know, "revived ,fire powered ninja spectre,searching revenge and yaddah yaddah yaddah",but that's just my 2 cents. Very Happy

Other than that,it's gonna be THE Mortal Kombat Ed Boon's been owing us for al those years.

Mortal Kombat 9 DG8K4HSMortal Kombat 9 4xp04zDMortal Kombat 9 GKEgDYEMortal Kombat 9 Nxa02gqMortal Kombat 9 EsMB5V3Mortal Kombat 9 RIPRP4CMortal Kombat 9 Nesd9yYMortal Kombat 9 N6QKswuMortal Kombat 9 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
[03:24:06] * Ghost_Spider turns to lil pengy and dances pengy dance.
[03:25:00] Razor Infinity : this is a real kodak moment.
Back to top Go down
Spyda-Man

Spyda-Man

Male
Virgo Rooster
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:36 am

i cant freaking wait for this =D
Back to top Go down
TheDenDen
Administrator
Administrator
TheDenDen

Male
Aries Rooster
Image Software : Paintshop Pro, Animation Shop
Registration date : 2006-11-17

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:35 am

I'm SO excited for this, FINALLY, what MK should be. And yeah I agree with you about MK VS DC.

Shinobu

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : Paint/Photoshop
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:18 pm

I nearly died when i saw the E3 Demo XD Im doing a report on it as a college project Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKEu3InZJgEuXqWTO54t1Q
JimmyCrackCorn

Male
Libra Snake
Image Software : Paint
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:47 pm

love mileena! she's awesome in this game!
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:57 am

Ooookay... So...

I just watched a trailer showing Sub-Zero's origin. The story shown in the trailer fits the Second Sub-Zero brother (the one from MK2 and sequels),since it states that he entered the tournament to avenge his murdered brother.

But,it was stated that the Sub-Zero in this new game would be the First Sub-Zero brother (the one from the first game,and that became Noob Saibot in the sequels).

So,unless they completely messed up his origin...

WTF is going on? Which one are we talking about here?

Mortal Kombat 9 DG8K4HSMortal Kombat 9 4xp04zDMortal Kombat 9 GKEgDYEMortal Kombat 9 Nxa02gqMortal Kombat 9 EsMB5V3Mortal Kombat 9 RIPRP4CMortal Kombat 9 Nesd9yYMortal Kombat 9 N6QKswuMortal Kombat 9 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
Back to top Go down
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:11 am

Oh, you know.
Back to top Go down
Di Vinci

Di Vinci

Male
Aries Buffalo
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:31 am

I honestly always like the second Sub Zero more...

but I honestly looking forward to this game i just wish they would add more people...Just my two cents
Back to top Go down
Shinobu

Shinobu

Male
Taurus Rooster

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:30 am

Ghost_Spider wrote:
Ooookay... So...

I just watched a trailer showing Sub-Zero's origin. The story shown in the trailer fits the Second Sub-Zero brother (the one from MK2 and sequels),since it states that he entered the tournament to avenge his murdered brother.

But,it was stated that the Sub-Zero in this new game would be the First Sub-Zero brother (the one from the first game,and that became Noob Saibot in the sequels).

So,unless they completely messed up his origin...

WTF is going on? Which one are we talking about here?

Well i heard that the game is basically a remake of Mortal Kombat 2 so in theory it would be the Second Sub-Zero. But i also heard it was the first Sub-Zero so either they changed their minds and made it the second Sub-Zero or someone got false information.

Aside from that, i wish they'd bring back the create-a-fighter mode from Armageddon Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:56 am

Well,

The story recounts the events of the first three games in an alternate timeline where Raiden receives a message from himself in the future where Armageddon has happened and Shao Kahn became the supreme leader of all the realms. Because of this plot, characters and scenarios present are the classics ones, bringing the old back to new and starting a new conflict.
Back to top Go down
TheDenDen
Administrator
Administrator
TheDenDen

Male
Aries Rooster

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:56 am

I love that they're fleshing out the characters a little more, and kinda neat for the SubZero brothers to finally have names. There's also a screen shot floating around of Sonya and Shang.

Shinobu

Male
Taurus Rooster

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:42 am

I know this threads kind of odl now but i just had to post this. Its the concept design for Smoke! They've basically mixed his incorporated his orginal MK2 look into his Cyber Ninja look (I'm guessing there going for a half finished cyber ninja look, could this mean that the game takes place in between Mortal Kombat 2 & 3?)

https://2img.net/h/oi50.tinypic.com/9zmzit.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101229010938/mk/images/c/c9/Human_Smoke_MK9.jpg

If he actually looks like this i will die a happy man :')
Back to top Go down
GtaMythMaster43

GtaMythMaster43

Male
Taurus Rat
Image Software : MS paint
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:56 am

I'm sorry but people who sh*t on the other 2000 era MK games are a bunch of dingle berries. Only MK-vs-DC blowed chunks. I personally enjoyed all the MK games released in this era, and this MK 9 is some what disapointing. I liked being able to kick peoples ass around the whole of the arena. It still looks fun but come on! Street Fighter IV blows! Don't copy them. And the sucking up to Scorpion is getting old. They're showing no love to Lui Kang and Sub-Zero fans at all. I can only think of the bad things about it. Like the horrible voice actors [I know it's 90% done but come on?] and the annoying 'I hate the new MK's this is the only good one yet!' Bleh....and Smoke looks cool.
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gtamythmaster43.webs.com
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:44 am

The new MKs rocked except MK v DC

MK9 looks awesome because its based in 2 and 3, for those of us old enough to remember them, that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
TheDenDen
Administrator
Administrator
TheDenDen

Male
Aries Rooster

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:51 am

I've played every MK game (With the exception of the Sonya/Jax Special forces one cause complete crap) the only shitty one was MKVSDC. The reboot looks amazing so far.

GtaMythMaster43

Male
Taurus Rat

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:17 am

There's my man! Hell yes, I agree 100% with you TheDenDen.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:39 am

Well, honestly, I've played MKvsDC, and technically, I didn't find it that bad.

For a Mortal Kombat, it sucked balls, but for a fighting game, it was quite interesting.

Just my 2 cents. Cool

My Temp
Back to top Go down
TheDenDen
Administrator
Administrator
TheDenDen

Male
Aries Rooster

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 am

For a fighting game, was cool. But for a game with the Mortal Kombat logo, story, characters ect. It was terrible. I hated the fact that Ed Boon cared more about $$$ then keeping the integrity of Mortal Kombat with the game.

GtaMythMaster43

Male
Taurus Rat

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:16 am

I also agree. They kinda made a cool concept but f**ked it up to the point of virtual mortal komabt game r@pe.
I mean heroic brutality? That's like saying 'a friendly kick in the balls'. What?
And I hate's me superman! DIE YOU OVER POWERED PUNK!!! Burn by Scorpions fire! Get your stupid head torn off by Sub-Zero!!! >:-D
Mwa-ha-ha-haw-ha!!!!
*cough* But seriously, fatalitys were cool but lame. Green Lantern MURDERS you, and it's 'heroic'. HOW? He crushs you into a ball the size of a' pillow! and Super Man's one, how am I supposed to believe in anyway that you'd live from being punched INTO the ground?
I mean even by video game standards it's screwed up.
And Ed Boons a dosh, not even a douche, he's a dosh. Scorpion's geting a hicky, a bag of chocoletes, and a blood proof tuxedo from Ed Boon. It's uncool and he ruined Scorpion for most of his fans. The creator of a series should not be a fanboy. EVER.
But that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mortal Kombat 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat 9
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Microheroes International Board :: General Discussion :: Old Conversations-
Jump to: