Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s)

Go down 
+2
Di Vinci
Daisuke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male
Aquarius Cat
Registration date : 2006-11-17

My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s) Empty
PostSubject: My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s)   My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:52 am

I have been thinking a bit lately about my introduction to the Green Lantern series, as a kid I was introduced to the Hal Jordan/ Lantern Corps era thanks to The Super Friends. Before that I had been reading about the first real Green Lantern Alan (Ladd) Scott, so watching Super Friends I was always like "Who is this tool in black and green?" "Where is the cool guy who wears the purple cape?".

Thinking back on it I may have been unfair to Hal at first, after a bit I warmed up to him and got a few laughs out of his character now and then. Ever since I have mostly followed him or Kyle's run as Green Lanterns though I still like to drop by the Library and read more about Alan Scott from time to time. The few things that bugged me about Alan are the weakness to wood and the weird boots he wore (which are fairly weak complaints).

Alan Scott being my favorite GL is most likely the reason my newest lantern looks fairly similar in design. At any rate I wondered how other folks were introduced to the Green Lantern series, any thoughts folks?
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/eXtras/index.php?showforum=60
Di Vinci

Di Vinci

Male
Aries Buffalo
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s)   My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:33 am

I owe my love to Green Lantern to Kyle because it was because of him that I ever got into them, now that being said yes I watched the superfriends, and yes I've read the pre-Kyle comics all the way back to Alan Scoot, but there was always something more with Kyle..but thats just how I feel.

all that being said I truly love all Green Lanterns and i've collect almost every Grapic Novel based on GL I could find.

LONG LIVE THE CORPS! LONG LIVE THE LIGHT!!
Back to top Go down
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s)   My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:08 am

I got into GL because of Kyle

He looked better than Hal, and was an artist.
Back to top Go down
http://darksteelblonde.deviantart.com/
Mowzer

Mowzer

Male
Leo Dragon
Image Software : Paint
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s)   My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:07 pm

I was introduced to GL with Rebirth so to me it's just not right unless Hal, John, Guy and Kyle are all GLs. I've read a good bit of Kyle and Hal era stuff as well.

Kyle back when he was the one and only bugged me, really whiney and he looked ridiculous. Now he's not as whiney and more secure as a GL I really like him.

Hal was a bit blah before Paralax, but really worked as a bad guy.

John's cool but severly under used compared to the others.

Guy used to piss me off especially when he was using sinestro's ring, but I find him really funny now.

Alan I don't associate with the rest of the GLs, I more associate him with the JSA. I've always liked him, but I hate his look the sentinel look wasn't much better either.

On another note Blackest night was a brilliant crossover event that Final crisis should have been.
Back to top Go down
croc5
probation
probation
croc5

Male
Capricorn Horse
Image Software : I have...stuff
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s)   My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 am

I got into superheroes and all this stuff cause I watched the Superfriends, so I got started with Hal Jordan, Barry Allan, and the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://ourgang.forumotion.com/
alister

alister

Male
Aquarius Monkey
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s)   My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 am

I dont realy remeber whitch one I saw first there all good but they shall all fall to the RAGE OF THE RED LANTERNS LONG LIVE Atrocitus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s)   My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts About Green Lantern(s)
Page 1 of 1