Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...

Go down 
+57
Hudson Almeida
Facumagia
Di Vinci
Zarus
vandersonmetal
Alucard
The Valeyard
Kat
Aninha
Zedox
Razor Infinity
Battleclad
Master&Commander
Daisuke
Alex
MrsGrizzley
Major Justice
MachineHead
Yorel
Klaus
Burningbird
Necroleaf
Bub
Chronic
WHY_SO_SERIOUS
DragonBurger
undeadpool
croc5
MicroManED
Cyke
Logan Wayne
Witch
Mr. Fantasy
Berica
Spaz
Omnis Ra
Dragonfist
Cigy
Joffre Roda
Iceman
Undefined
JimmyCrackCorn
Sir Uriel
Corpse Army
ION
Shinobu
riddick
Lomeli
Selficide
IceMaiden
Kgoku
Genoman
RayneKirby
Kodiak
PrincessLinkette
Emissary
Ghost_Spider
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Necroleaf

Necroleaf

Male
Gemini Snake
Registration date : 2006-12-21

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 5:03 pm

great accuaracy GS, they look great and pun is very clever!
Back to top Go down
http://obscurasolis.wordpress.com/
Alex

Alex

Male
Scorpio Snake
Image Software : MS paint
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 12:00 am

EPIC work on the MK series, looking forward to more. Cheech and Chong are awesome too drunken

****DO NOT TAKE/MOD ANY PARTS OF MY MICROS****
Back to top Go down
http://alexmicroheroes.deviantart.com/
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:23 am

Cheech & Chong both look so groovy Cool, well done sir.
Back to top Go down
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 7:57 am

Some funny s**t right there man. lol

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Ragxxi29GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Fastes10GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Rag_xx21GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Em_s_f10GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 I_vote11GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Emi10GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Em_zps05e308ce GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Kat-my13

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/m4ttne55
Fudge
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Fudge

Male
Gemini Snake
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Just incredible the amount of detail you can pack in to such a small space. Awesome work on all the MK micros, but it's amazing that as the designs get more complex, you still manage to make them look clean and clear. Amazing work Smile
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Male
Taurus Rat
Image Software : Microsoft Paint, PAINT.NET
Registration date : 2012-12-26

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 8:27 am

Always a treat too see your work. Razz
Back to top Go down
Aninha

Aninha

Female
Aquarius Dragon
Registration date : 2010-12-27

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 2:57 am

Loved your prsonagens of Mortal Kombat , but missed women .
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : Aseprite
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Thanks for the kind words, folks!

This time I have no micros to show, but a little announcement:

About one month ago, a college classmate asked me for a portfolio of my Pixel Artsn(namely, my Micros). Not quite understanding his ulterior motives, I'd send him some of my favorite works. He said he showed it to his boss, and he's got quite impressed (as most of you digital artists may know, "MS Paint" isn't quite taken seriously nowadays, since Photoshop, Corel and such came along).

The result of all of this is, thanks to my Pixel art skills, I got myself a job at a Game Development studio! For most of you it may not seem like much, but for a brazilian who accompained the stormy road which gaming industry took along these last few years in his shitty country, it's a great oportunity.

I'm actually living a dream. It's something I've been craving for a long time.

But why am I saying this?

Because i it wasn't for the Micro Heroes, I'd never have this chance.

So I'd like to thank you guys for all those years of fun, pixels and improvement as an artist.

I'd specially like to thank Spencer, Ze Ball Breaker, Iceman, Strider, Alex, TXF, Rayne Kirby, Dark Riku, Bub, Emissary, among others, who served as mentors, pupils, inspirators, friends and friendly rival, always making me push my skills a little further.

So... That's it. lol DOn't shed any tears now, guys.

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 DG8K4HSGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 4xp04zDGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 GKEgDYEGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Nxa02gqGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 EsMB5V3GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 RIPRP4CGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Nesd9yYGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 N6QKswuGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
[03:24:06] * Ghost_Spider turns to lil pengy and dances pengy dance.
[03:25:00] Razor Infinity : this is a real kodak moment.
Back to top Go down
Hudson Almeida

Hudson Almeida

Male
Aries Dog
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 4:33 pm

Congratulations and good luck!
bravo
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 4:40 pm

That is indeed great news, congratulations!

Back to top Go down
croc5
probation
probation
croc5

Male
Capricorn Horse
Image Software : I have...stuff
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 11:49 pm

DUUDE! CONGRATS MATE!!! You gonna send up some free samples to test out for you?!?! LOL No, seriously though dude, congratulations! LIVE THE DREAM!!!
Back to top Go down
http://ourgang.forumotion.com/
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 5:00 am

Fantastic. Huge congrats sir. Smile

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Ragxxi29GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Fastes10GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Rag_xx21GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Em_s_f10GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 I_vote11GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Emi10GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Em_zps05e308ce GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Kat-my13

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
Iceman
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Iceman

Male
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 2:20 pm

WOW!
A little anouncement, you said! Those are enormous news! The dream of anyone, what is just a hobby that you do because you enjoy it, transformed in a job!
My absolutely sincere congratulations man!

And about you thank me in third place... Crying or Very sad Oh! Wait a minute, I think I got something in my eye!
I'm surprised and honoured.
Good luck!
Steal some minutes to work, and give us some of your esplendid jewels.
Back to top Go down
TheDenDen
Administrator
Administrator
TheDenDen

Male
Aries Rooster
Image Software : Paintshop Pro, Animation Shop

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Congrats man!!! that's awesome.

Necroleaf

Male
Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 5:45 am

Now this is an amazing acheivement!! Congratulations Ghost-Spider!! good luck with your new job and see us whenever you get the chance!
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 4:55 am

Congrats GS Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 7:23 am

Thanks for it, guys!

And here I come back again.

You know how it goes by now: I disappear, come back, write a giant text about how's life and stuff, post some micros, disappear again, and the show goes on again, and again and agan...

BUT! Have I god good news to you guys: I'm back FOR GOOD!

You see, from time to time, I get bored of my template and try to create another. It's a common thing, and I recommed it for every artist around to renew your templates and styles once and a while. It aways bring new challenges for you, and claiming these challenges usuall means awesome micro works.

Since I first used the Spectacular Template (yes, my friends, we're getting old there lol), I've always been trying to come up with the perfect template/style.

Something simple, smaller than usual, but yet detailed, and with a cartoonish look to it. My biggest inspiration to try to do it is Viewtiful Joe and other Cell Shaded games.

I went from Regular 3 toned temp, to Spectacular 3 tones, to regular 6 tones, to spectatular 6 tones, to regular 6 tones, to regular 4 tones, to spectacular 4 tones, to my actual Regular 4 tones template. Not to mention dozens of other templates that never saw the sunlight.

And for quite a while now I've got bored from my last Temp as well. I like the results of it, but I guess it's time for something new. Also, I believe I improved enough to finally try and create the so-called Perfect Temp.

My first attempt on it ended up looking like a smaller version of my last template. I even made 2 or 3 micros with it, but it was still looking obsolete.

So I scrapped it, except for the size of it. You see, with a smaller regular tempalte, it makes it way easier to create huge characters, like Hulk (a micro I've been trying to pull for years but never saw the sunlight).

So I kept it's size, and went back to my first Spectacular Template to have some ideas. This is a good sign because usually I go for Alex's work to find inspiration and this time I decided to look up my own portfolio for ideas. Starting wth the head (my favorte part of it) I've made it smaller, simplified the traces and ended up with something totally new.

Another difference: I went back to 3 tones. It's something I've been wanting for long time, but never managed to pull off decently. Now the shading looks as good as my 4 toned one, yet simplier and cleaner. And now I'll try to use only the MS PAINT starting pallete. I'll mix the colors to come up with different tones. Overall, I went back to the basics.

Another possibility is that I'll start using 8-bit NES /16-bit SNES sprites as my color palletes. Shall bring an interesting effect. Still looking for good colors tho.

My biggest issue was the legs, which got me for like 3 days to make it looks decent. I think I can still make it look better, but for now it'll work.

So, here's the said thing:

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 TEMPLATE_%202015_GS_zpsqsz4hz2r

The face is inspired my One Punch Man style. Definitelly my favorite part of it.

Torso and arms look good, only the legs kinda suck, but they'll stick for now.

Already working on the Big bersion of it, which might end up with the size of a regular micro.

And as you guys know, I never show up a new temp wthout a demonstration, so I bring up:

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 MAXIMUS_GS_zpso8oqwex4

Russel Crowe as Maximus, from Gladiator, my favorite warrior from cinema.

The style is still midway between the regular and the Cartoon style, but I'll improve it as we go.

Also, the first thing I usually do when I create a new temp is to recreate some of my old works into that new temp. The result is I usually end up rebooting old projects, and never come up with something really new. I've been wanting to micro Thor and Hulk for years now. So for now, no MK, nor Spider man micros to show up.

What comes next is u to your guessing (as for mine. lol)

So that's it kids. I'll be around for longer this time (I'm still working on that Gaming Company, but now through home office [no more daily 2 hour bus travles for me YAAAAAAAY], which means more free time).

And with this new micro spark running through me, let's see what can I come up with next. Guess I'lls tick with Movie micros for now. Gor Max Rockatansky and William Wallace on my plans, let's see how they end up.

SO for now, t-t-t-that's all, f-f-f-f-f-folks. Smile

It feels good to be back.

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 DG8K4HSGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 4xp04zDGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 GKEgDYEGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Nxa02gqGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 EsMB5V3GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 RIPRP4CGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Nesd9yYGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 N6QKswuGS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 8:00 am

Nice to have you back (again). Can't wait to see what you cook up next!

Back to top Go down
Kodiak

Kodiak

Male
Aries Pig
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Glad to have you back, and great job on the new micros too!
Back to top Go down
Necroleaf

Necroleaf

Male
Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Great comeback GS, your new template and Maximus look amazing
Back to top Go down
Facumagia

Facumagia

Male
Libra Rat
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Wow Maximus looks astonishing, and I'm loving the new template, can't wait to see more dude!
Back to top Go down
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 1:48 am

Well worth the wait, and definitely glad to see you back once more. Fantastic micros as well. Looking forward to seeing more.

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male
Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 2:54 am

Ghost_Spider wrote:
Thanks for it, guys!

And here I come back again.

You know how it goes by now: I disappear, come back, write a giant text about how's life and stuff, post some micros, disappear again, and the show goes on again, and again and agan...

BUT! Have I god good news to you guys: I'm back FOR GOOD!

You see, from time to time, I get bored of my template and try to create another. It's a common thing, and I recommed it for every artist around to renew your templates and styles once and a while. It aways bring new challenges for you, and claiming these challenges usuall means awesome micro works.

Since I first used the Spectacular Template (yes, my friends, we're getting old there lol), I've always been trying to come up with the perfect template/style.

Something simple, smaller than usual, but yet detailed, and with a cartoonish look to it. My biggest inspiration to try to do it is Viewtiful Joe and other Cell Shaded games.

I went from Regular 3 toned temp, to Spectacular 3 tones, to regular 6 tones, to spectatular 6 tones, to regular 6 tones, to regular 4 tones, to spectacular 4 tones, to my actual Regular 4 tones template. Not to mention dozens of other templates that never saw the sunlight.

And for quite a while now I've got bored from my last Temp as well. I like the results of it, but I guess it's time for something new. Also, I believe I improved enough to finally try and create the so-called Perfect Temp.

My first attempt on it ended up looking like a smaller version of my last template. I even made 2 or 3 micros with it, but it was still looking obsolete.

So I scrapped it, except for the size of it. You see, with a smaller regular tempalte, it makes it way easier to create huge characters, like Hulk (a micro I've been trying to pull for years but never saw the sunlight).

So I kept it's size, and went back to my first Spectacular Template to have some ideas. This is a good sign because usually I go for Alex's work to find inspiration and this time I decided to look up my own portfolio for ideas. Starting wth the head (my favorte part of it) I've made it smaller, simplified the traces and ended up with something totally new.

Another difference: I went back to 3 tones. It's something I've been wanting for long time, but never managed to pull off decently. Now the shading looks as good as my 4 toned one, yet simplier and cleaner. And now I'll try to use only the MS PAINT starting pallete. I'll mix the colors to come up with different tones. Overall, I went back to the basics.

Another possibility is that I'll start using 8-bit NES /16-bit SNES sprites as my color palletes. Shall bring an interesting effect. Still looking for good colors tho.

My biggest issue was the legs, which got me for like 3 days to make it looks decent. I think I can still make it look better, but for now it'll work.

So, here's the said thing:

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 TEMPLATE_%202015_GS_zpsqsz4hz2r

The face is inspired my One Punch Man style. Definitelly my favorite part of it.

Torso and arms look good, only the legs kinda suck, but they'll stick for now.

Already working on the Big bersion of it, which might end up with the size of a regular micro.

And as you guys know, I never show up a new temp wthout a demonstration, so I bring up:

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 MAXIMUS_GS_zpso8oqwex4

Russel Crowe as Maximus, from Gladiator, my favorite warrior from cinema.

The style is still midway between the regular and the Cartoon style, but I'll improve it as we go.

Also, the first thing I usually do when I  create a new temp is to recreate some of my old works into that new temp. The result is I usually end up rebooting old projects, and never come up with something really new. I've been wanting to micro Thor and Hulk for years now. So for now, no MK, nor Spider man micros to show up.

What comes next is u to your guessing (as for mine. lol)

So that's it kids. I'll be around for longer this time (I'm still working on that Gaming Company, but now through home office [no more daily 2 hour bus travles for me YAAAAAAAY], which means more free time).

And with this new micro spark running through me, let's see what can I come up with next. Guess I'lls tick with Movie micros for now. Gor Max Rockatansky and William Wallace on my plans, let's see how they end up.

SO for now, t-t-t-that's all, f-f-f-f-f-folks. Smile

It feels good to be back.

Damned good work you got here. Reminds me of StreetFighter Crossed with...I'm not sure what lol, but its very good. Cartoony yet recognizable, like any good art should be.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/eXtras/index.php?showforum=60
Iceman
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Iceman

Male
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 9:44 am

Don't reinvent yourslf too many times, it's a little messy after all, good work with the new template, it has the original look of all your creatures and impressive work on Mr. Crowe Face, absolutely defined with so little pixels, Spectacular!
Stay interesting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Thanks guys!

I've been really micro-active lately. But every now and then, I disappeaar then come back with ne or two new micros.

So, on this new reinventing thriller I've been in, I decided to bring more toys into the game this time.

I've been microing like crazy since my last post. Trying to remake my template again and again and again, until I found the right style.

I came up with a template heavy infuenced by Bruce Timm Style. My real life drawing skills are also inspired by Timm's style, so I decided to bring it into micros.

The result: a template with less details, which works ad a wild card: I can micro cartoon characters, real actors, comics characters, and they all look pretty natural, unlike microing a Dragon Ball character on a regular template, for example.

Less talk, more micros, so here it goes: (I'm posting them together, divided by themes for time's sake)

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 DC_GS_zpsasd1dmtm
Batman and Superman.

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Marvel_GS_zpsv2ub6uwf
Spider Man and Wolverine.

Still figuring out how to make the reverse shading looks right, that's the reason for double Spideys.

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Snake_GS_zps6i3qtixg
Solid Snake and Big Boss. Really proud of this one.

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Dragon%20Ball%20Z_GS_zpscwji3kdh
Goku, Bardock and Piccolo.

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Sparta_GS_zpsf6esfwsf
Leonidas and Kratos.

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Maximus_GS_zpsi5gwveym
Maximus remake.

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Template_GS_zpsihclc2rm
The template (then and now).

From now on, I'll log in once a week, comment on stuff and post a new bunch of micros. Expect some good 5-10 micros a week, every sunday, from yours trully.

Expect great projects for the next few weeks.

Stay tuned, boppers!!

My Temp

Last edited by Ghost_Spider on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...   GS IV: New Bunch of Micros... - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GS IV: New Bunch of Micros...
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next