Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Palaver and the World of Eldar

Go down 
+5
Iceman
Zarus
Alex
Lomeli
Palaver
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Palaver

Palaver

Female
Cancer Horse
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2014-10-04

Palaver and the World of Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 8:38 pm

So this is my gallery here. First time posting a micro.

I'm hoping to use this as an avatar. This is my character Doctor Pax. He's a plague doctor who has a donkey named Professor Lopp. He has some magic ability; mainly electrical in nature. If he has the resources to gather enough ecolite, he can turn into a crow. He's a bit of a glass cannon.

MS Paint. I've enlarged it on the right for you to see. I think the one on the left is avatar size...I need to double check. Anywho. More? Am I on the right track? I hope you enjoy!

Palaver and the World of Eldar Finalplague_zps09afaac3
Back to top Go down
Lomeli

Lomeli

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : mtPaint
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Whoa, this isn't a typical micro, but it is beautiful. Lot of detail, nice contrast with the colors and highlights. It's wonderfully done. Awesome work, Palaver, and I hope to see much more from you. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ultimatelomeli.deviantart.com/
Palaver

Palaver

Female
Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Hey thanks a bunch Lomeli. What makes a traditional micro? Is it simply the pose?
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Male
Scorpio Snake
Image Software : MS paint
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:31 am

there isn't really one set definition of what they are. Try browsing this archive of micros and I think you'll get the gist of it.

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/index.htm

Your work looks really cool! I love the look of the wings and the dynamic textures throughout. Reminds me of something out of an old Castlevania game

****DO NOT TAKE/MOD ANY PARTS OF MY MICROS****
Back to top Go down
http://alexmicroheroes.deviantart.com/
Zarus

Zarus

Male
Virgo Goat
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:55 am

Very Impressive Pixel Art!
Back to top Go down
http://ztyran.deviantart.com/
Palaver

Palaver

Female
Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:27 am

Alex: Thank you! I just took a short stroll through your gallery, and your work is really reallly friggin good. I'm kind of jealous of your Davey Jones. And the newest cat woman you've done. I was just going to try my hand at cat woman actually. I think I understand how a microhero is supposed to work; do you guys build your own bases that you use over and over again? This seems to be a common theme. I like a feeling of movement in my work, so I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish that, and still keep the "stance pose." But my work definitely needs to get cleaned up. Its so gritty in comparison to yours. <_<""" hahaha! Thanks for the feedback mate.

Zarus: Thanks a bunch! I've been stalking around your page as well. I've been reading up on your stories. You've been here a while!
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Male
Scorpio Snake
Image Software : MS paint
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:20 am

Thanks! About the bases, some people build their own, but there are plenty free to use body templates on this site and others.

It can be tough to show movement while still keeping to the style, but I'd say check out Blanchette's work, I always though his stuff had a nice sense of movement to it.

****DO NOT TAKE/MOD ANY PARTS OF MY MICROS****
Back to top Go down
http://alexmicroheroes.deviantart.com/
Iceman
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Iceman

Male
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 11:54 am

Marvelous work on your avatar, Palaver!
Definitions on microheroes are changing constantly, and although most of them are based on a symertical template and straigth pose there have been some magical creators of micros that have broken all those rules like Strider,
http://microheroes.virtuaboard.com/f135-strider
Or Blanchett
http://microheroes.virtuaboard.com/t8730-blanchetts-micros-give-me-a-letter
On the other hand Alex, THE GREAT, or myself prefer the standard pose.
So feel free, keep on creating and don't hesitate to ask any doubt
Back to top Go down
Di Vinci

Di Vinci

Male
Aries Buffalo
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 1:30 am

I feel that it is rather beautiful the way that it is, and frankly your base is what ever you decide for it to be. I myself like the Symmetrical temp only because it often make the work slightly easier, but in all it really just depends on what you are trying to do and how much work and time you have to pour into it. All that being said and as I said at the start Your first posted Micro, the one you use for your Avatar is beautiful, dark, and all around very well crafted so A++ from me for what ever that is worth.
Back to top Go down
Palaver

Palaver

Female
Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Wow you guys are all so very helpful. Thank you to Alex and Iceman for clarifying the definition of a micro. Thank you also for your kind words Di Vinci! I'm working on another one today, and hope to have it posted a little later.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy

Male
Aquarius Cat
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:09 pm

I really enjoyed your Avatar , quite different from the traditional . It is a beautiful work . Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Aninha

Aninha

Female
Aquarius Dragon
Registration date : 2010-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Your Avatar this worked very well , but monstrous, arrives to terrify us .
Back to top Go down
Blanchett

Blanchett

Male
Scorpio Buffalo
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Wow that's amazing fair play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palaver and the World of Eldar   Palaver and the World of Eldar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palaver and the World of Eldar
Page 1 of 1