Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

What Scale?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dd1985

dd1985

Male
Taurus Buffalo
Registration date : 2011-02-25

What Scale? Empty
PostSubject: What Scale?   What Scale? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 7:39 am

So, if I am asking this correctly and in the correct section-

What scale is the basic MicroHero (sp?) in? Or, what is the ratio?

The reason I ask, is because I might want to get around making some vehicles with MicroHeroes, and I have seen blueprints, vectors, linearts, etc. of various vehicles and they're in like 1:34, 1:58, whatever scale online. What I want is to have to increase/decrease these images in sizes as much as possible, to make the designing process easier and make them more clearer and solid (not blotchy and full of distorted pixels)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy

Male
Aquarius Cat
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2009-02-05

What Scale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Scale?   What Scale? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 12:31 pm

From what I understand you wanting to make vehicles in proportion to the micros. Well it's a little tricky because the micros are not in proportion, or is your head is much larger than it would in reality in relation to the body, something that's always bothered me, I changed my bases. I have some references that I use, which follows below, I hope you can help.
What Scale? Propor10
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male
Aquarius Cat
Registration date : 2006-11-17

What Scale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Scale?   What Scale? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 8:00 am

I've always assumed the default height for a microhero male template was 5'9''
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/eXtras/index.php?showforum=60
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : Aseprite
Registration date : 2007-03-31

What Scale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Scale?   What Scale? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Depends on micro to micro. Some might look taller or shorter. I always make 'em stylized, and try to keep proportions at 4 heads. As for cars, I made some in the past, front view. Might still have them saved, if it interests you. Really hard, but worth it.

What Scale? DG8K4HSWhat Scale? 4xp04zDWhat Scale? GKEgDYEWhat Scale? Nxa02gqWhat Scale? EsMB5V3What Scale? RIPRP4CWhat Scale? Nesd9yYWhat Scale? N6QKswuWhat Scale? 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
[03:24:06] * Ghost_Spider turns to lil pengy and dances pengy dance.
[03:25:00] Razor Infinity : this is a real kodak moment.
Back to top Go down
dd1985

dd1985

Male
Taurus Buffalo

What Scale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Scale?   What Scale? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Ghost_Spider wrote:
Depends on micro to micro. Some might look taller or shorter. I always make 'em stylized, and try to keep proportions at 4 heads. As for cars, I made some in the past, front view. Might still have them saved, if it interests you. Really hard, but worth it.

I have seen a few of them, and they are wonderful!

I guess what I was getting at for scale since most Micros' heads are the ones not in proportion with the rest of the body, was what could the scale be based off the body of a basic Microhero?

I know MrsGrizzley has/had a height chart reference which puts most Microheroes at 6ft tall. I guess I could use that if I need to shrink line images to match with Micros...
Back to top Go down
dd1985

dd1985

Male
Taurus Buffalo

What Scale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Scale?   What Scale? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 6:06 am

I think I might have figured the ratio! According to my unusual methods of calculation, I have found that the average Microhero scale is 1:44. Unfortunately, it can be a challenge to find images/blueprints/autocads, etc., that are 1:44 scale. I've found a few images that are 1:55 or 1:72 scale, even some that are 1:24 and 1:18, like a lot of die-cast vehicles.

The way I found my ratio- I took MrsGrizzley's measurement image she made for her Microheroes, utilized the ruler in Microsoft Paint, converted the units to inches, and determined that 1 foot = 0.27 inches. I then used a scale calculator online, and using the variable, it determined to be 1:44 scale.

I guess what I'll do is use her image for reference, and try to find blueprints which feature measurements for each part or dimension. I actually found a reference blueprint for an EMD MP-15AC (a road switcher locomotive) and used my methods to bring a 1:55 image to 1:44 scale.

I hope this helps if anyone wants to try to create objects for their Microheroes! Thank you for your help, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What Scale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Scale?   What Scale? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Scale?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Microheroes International Board :: Creative Block :: Pixel Help-
Jump to: