Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)

Go down 
+11
grn_robskelington
txf
Kevin_Megantine.
trickster74
Golem
Konpakku, The Dark Hero
Bub
Scarlet
Koosh
Corpse Army
Devon_Farmer
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Devon_Farmer

Devon_Farmer

Male
Capricorn Horse
Registration date : 2007-03-12

How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Empty
PostSubject: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:56 am

In the chat box, Kevin asked me how I came up with the idea for Battle Beetle, well, I went on to explain it, so, if you want to know, here's the conversation. But this thread isn't just about Battle Beetle, discuss how your characters came to be, what was your inspiration, your ideas, your hardships?

[07:24:49] Kevin_Megantine. : Uhh... If you can tell us, Devon, how'd you get the idea of Battle Beetle?
[07:25:27] Devon_Farmer : Well, tell you the truth, I came up with the whole idea a good 5-6 years ago.
[07:26:24] Devon_Farmer : About, lets say, 7 years ago, therefore, I would have been ten, I started to get into Spider-Man, when the movie was being announced.
[07:26:50] Devon_Farmer : So, I did what every ten year old boy who is into Super Heroes does, I created a Super Hero who was a complete rip off.
[07:27:20] Devon_Farmer : I called him "Spider", and he was basically Spider-Man, with a different name, and four spider arms on his back.
[07:27:52] Devon_Farmer : I gave him a villain named the Haunted Scarecrow, who was basically Batman's Scarecrow and Green Goblin mashed into one.
[07:28:14] Devon_Farmer : Lets not forget Doc Rock... With Rock Arms coming from his back... Ahhh, those were the days...
[07:28:41] Devon_Farmer : Somewhere along the line... I had to start getting serious.
[07:29:04] Devon_Farmer : Something that was a little more Original.
[07:29:22] Alex : lol "dock rock"..... i'd buy that
[07:29:57] Devon_Farmer : So, I came up with a bunch of created Super Heroes, Mr. V, Impulse, Grim, Dark Plauge, a lot of... Well, not really great heroes.
[07:30:18] Devon_Farmer : But there was one that stood out... "Black Beetle"... Who... For some reason... Wore a Red and Black suit....
[07:30:31] Kevin_Megantine. : Hmm... Go on.
[07:30:53] Devon_Farmer : Of course, now we know him as Battle Beetle, when about 2 years ago, I stopped and said... "He isn't Black, he's Black and Red."
[07:32:02] Devon_Farmer : Anyways, he originally started out as a Blonde kid named Alex, whose Grandfather was handing over the family business, so, the basic origin hasn't really changed, it's just evolved.
[07:32:34] Devon_Farmer : He had a whole line of different villains though.
[07:32:53] Kevin_Megantine. : Cool.
[07:32:57] Devon_Farmer : Like, Viro was originally going to be his main villain, now, in the uni I have now, he's his Grandfathers villain.
[07:33:33] Devon_Farmer : Have you all seen the original design, Anime modernized it.
[07:33:48] jzgreenlantern : yep
[07:33:52] Alex : the tights suit?
[07:34:08] Devon_Farmer : Yes.
[07:34:23] Devon_Farmer : How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Battlebeetleevolutionrz3
[07:34:31] Devon_Farmer : The first one.
[07:35:06] Alex : he;s so scrawny
[07:35:10] Devon_Farmer : That was the design I had for the longest time, before I started to spruse it up.
[07:35:50] Devon_Farmer : I gave him more muscle, added more detail, and finally, added the trademark Gold Sashes that come from his belt.
[07:36:20] Devon_Farmer : Then, after that, I started to refine the micro, as my microing got better.
[07:36:31] Alex : for the longest time i had no clue what those were
[07:36:46] Devon_Farmer : I don't think anybody did.
[07:36:51] Devon_Farmer : Some still don't know what they are.
[07:37:09] Devon_Farmer : They will once they see some real drawings of him.
[07:37:48] Devon_Farmer : Anyways... When I was redesign him... This is when I realized, I need a great back story.
[07:38:15] Devon_Farmer : I decided to change him from being a Blonde kid named Alex, into me.
[07:38:40] Kevin_Megantine. : Interesing creation.
[07:38:46] Devon_Farmer : I changed the name from Alex, no offence to you, Alex, because some kid named Alex came along and stole my girlfriend.
[07:39:30] Devon_Farmer : That made me say, "Gee, I hate anyone named Alex right now."
[07:39:46] Devon_Farmer : Of course, a friend of mine came along named Alex, and redeemed all Alex's for me
[07:39:51] Alex : theyre all no good
[07:39:57] Devon_Farmer : Now, I have a few Alex friends, all very good.
[07:40:21] Devon_Farmer : So, I had to come up with a new name for Beetle.
[07:40:33] Devon_Farmer : I came upon seeing the movie known as "Accepted"
[07:40:48] Devon_Farmer : The title character being called: Bartleby
[07:41:28] Devon_Farmer : I said to myself, that's the name I'll use, but it sounds kind of old... Hmm, perhaps it's the family name, he's the Third Generation, and he prefers to be called Bart.
[07:41:47] Devon_Farmer : So, name, out of the way!
[07:41:58] Devon_Farmer : Then, I joined MIB!
[07:42:19] Devon_Farmer : Posted up my micros of Beetle, and people became interested.
[07:42:35] dave : okay did i just miss how devon came about to mib
[07:42:39] Devon_Farmer : MIB has really shaped Beetle.
[07:43:14] Devon_Farmer : Espically the design today, like, I believe it was Razor who added the pincers to the helmet.
[07:43:25] Alex : If there was any mascot for MIB it'd probably be Battle Beetle
[07:44:00] Devon_Farmer : That's pretty cool, I usually think Fudge's Fudge guy... But, hey.
[07:44:24] dave : actually the mascot is the robot on the mib banne
[07:44:33] Devon_Farmer : But, what else is there too say, people become really really interested in Beetle, I started getting really into the story writing, and here we are today.
Back to top Go down
Corpse Army

Corpse Army

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : paint,photoshop
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:02 am

well when i made bluesin i was thinnking how can i botrad my hero the i came up the idea of a flying surfer. also blue is my favorite color. also i kinda wanted a hooded hero. the idea of his water powers i kinda got the idea for me in the pool i would do all these cool splashs and it would feelll like i had total control over it.

now white tiger came about when i saw this girl i knew she was exactly like me so i made her baed off that person. i never really like cats so i kinda took a hatered and turn it into a hero just like batman tooka a bat and becmae batman the miltary back story was actaually based off the real life story of ww2.

well then the villian deepwater then come from a whole fear of dieing in the water.
Back to top Go down
Koosh
Jr. Mods
Jr. Mods
Koosh

Male
Libra Buffalo
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:46 am

My character is visually inspired by the artwork of one of my favorite artists, Alex Grey. He does a lot of the album artwork for Tool these days.

Powers and history are inspired by my fascination with the cosmos and biology. This is why he is both a mutant and was given powers by aliens. The personal history of my character is just a slightly modified version of myself.

For anyone interested in Alex Grey's work, here's a link.

http://www.alexgrey.com/
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Male
Leo Rooster
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:32 am

Dusk

Well techincally it was my dad that came up with Dusk when i was 6 or 7, he took one of my old batman toys (which was gold) and coloured it black. His name was originally Shadow, but i liked Dusk better. Ryder was always there too, but he was just kind of a joker rip off, i also used to have a villain called dragon fly, who had giant wing coming out of his neck. But when i desided to add him of this board, thats when he evolved for the better (i think). Dusk, has basically been the same since when i made him but he is kinda better, i hope he improves over time. But i don't think he could go anywhere, like Battle Beetle or anything.

Oh and i forgot to say, why did you say Mr.V was not a very good hero, he's my favourite of your actually.
Back to top Go down
Bub

Bub

Male
Libra Pig
Image Software : MS Paint XP
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Well all of my characters have the blackness of them.......it started when i tried to make a Justice Lords Spiderman... when i made it, it didnt come out as i wanted it. So i changed the head and made it all black...How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Newava...............
then i made it with my new template (that looked nothing like me...How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Kyliedouble2

then Dfist remade it with my new temp.How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Mububbz_DFist
no more of that...... just pointin out that it was what inspired all my heroes....
Back to top Go down
Konpakku, The Dark Hero

Konpakku, The Dark Hero

Male
Cancer Dog
Image Software : MSPaint, and Paint.net for transparency
Registration date : 2007-09-13

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:14 pm

Meh, mine isn't as long or epic as I can sum it up in one sentence.
I made Dark Cinder to have a character to be in the Vindicate City rp.
Yes, point and laugh.
Back to top Go down
Devon_Farmer

Devon_Farmer

Male
Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 pm

scarletspider666 wrote:
Dusk
Oh and i forgot to say, why did you say Mr.V was not a very good hero, he's my favourite of your actually.

Mr. V was actually the only other good character, I just used his name as an example, out of context. Mr. V fits into a universe like Alex's Scourge, you know, he doesn't have any super powered villains, in colourful costumes based on animals. If he were made into a comic, it would be an adult comic.

The History of Mr. V is like this.

My father and myself had just come back from seeing the movie, Batman Begins. I was excited about this movie, so I went over to the IMDb Batman Begins board, to discuss it with people. Over there, I find a a post made by someone with the username, "Into the Shadow" claiming he was a real life Vigilante. He had a whole story for himself, he was raused by a loving family, his Grandfather was the owner of a Company, making the family rich, so, he was sent to a Private Military School, there he fell in love with a girl named Tina. The too became close, until she was set up, sent to an abandoned house, then raped. This set off Into the Shadow, who claimed he left and joined the Marines, trained his body, to the point when he was discharged for being too harsh. Sent home, this is when he become a "Real Life Vigilante." A part of me wanted to believe this story, but, everyone else found it to be a hilarious joke. Of course, the Batman Begin Board's admins didn't want as to be talking about anything that wasn't Batman Begins, so we all moved to a board called "Vigilante" based on an old video game with the same name, since no one was using that forum. It was there, that Into the Shadow picked up the name, "Mr. Vigilante", or "Mr. V" for short. Basically the summer of 2005 was spent on this forum, discussing "Mr. V's True Adventures", until someone rated us out, and the admins of IMDb deleted every one of our topics. This didn't stop us though, we created our own forum, where the stories started getting bigger, and a lot of the people who felt this was a giant joke, started making joke villains, some guy joined as "The Green Shadow", claiming he was a rival from Mr. V's past, who knew of V's activities of a Vigilante, and went out doing the complete opposite of him, as if he were a Bizarrio Mr. V.

On this forum, I started to really get into his stories, and started to play with them, making them more serious, and gritty. Along with another member, when the forum started to die, and Mr. V revealed it all to be a joke, a hoax, me and this other member moved to a new forum, where we started to discuss the character of Mr. V. We started to come up with storys, basing it in a realism manner, much like Batman Begins. We created, Mr. V.
Back to top Go down
Konpakku, The Dark Hero

Konpakku, The Dark Hero

Male
Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:05 pm

That is so freaking epic.
Back to top Go down
Golem

Golem

Male
Aquarius Rooster
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:09 pm

For Golem, I pretty much wanted to make a hero based on Jewish mythology. So, I ended up basing him on the Golem or Prague, and from there added some modern touches.
Back to top Go down
trickster74
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
trickster74

Male
Gemini Tiger
Image Software : Photoshop (It's magick!)
Registration date : 2006-12-11

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:04 am

Devon- sounds like you were all fascinated with this guy's fake vigilante stories.....

I've actually attempted to find out about real life vigilante activities- I seriously think they must be one the most covered-up things in the world- like Roswell-level here....If they're out there, the media (even the internet) sure is doing a good job of making sure we don't know about them.....guess they're trying to keep down copycats....

I can't suspend my disbelief long enough to buy into there not being anyone like that out there....
Back to top Go down
Devon_Farmer

Devon_Farmer

Male
Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:18 am

There has to be atleast one. Someone copying Batman.
Back to top Go down
Kevin_Megantine.

Kevin_Megantine.

Male
Libra Dog
Image Software : Microer of M.I.B.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:56 pm

Well, AirMorph, my created superhero started out on Wednesday, June 25th, 2008. It was night time in where I live. I was in the Chatbox. And I was chatting with Rubenwashere. I asked his help on what I could come up and my ideas on a hero. I was planning on an aiplane type of hero, after reading that lovely tip from Dax to list my favorite powers. The name was Fly Boy, inspired by a film starring James Franco. Rubenwashere gave me ideas on the powers. He gave me the idea to make my superhero have engines for arms. The moment he said that, I thought about making him transform into a F-22 Raptor. He wasn't gonna transform in a robotic way, I thought, but in a chemical morphing kind of way. So then, I came up with a catchy name and asked Cheatah if it's good. He said he likes it better than "AirMorpher." So, today, we talked, me and Cheatah. He gave me an idea to have an armor suit. I was planning a fabric suit, but from Cheatah's idea, I thought armor is more "airplane like." So, using my temp, with Devon's stuff (eyes, lips, body, etc.) and a Future Soldier Temp by Zedox, I made my first desgn of AirMorph. But I needed help on the lenses, so I used Devon's Mysterio glass. I came up with a good story for him, also.
Back to top Go down
Konpakku, The Dark Hero

Konpakku, The Dark Hero

Male
Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 4:04 am

I feel ashamed about how my hero came to be....Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
txf

txf

Male
Scorpio Snake
Image Software : MS Paint and Photoshop
Registration date : 2006-12-07

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 5:21 am

Well, X-Factor(the evil jester type dude) came to be when I was bored. Wanted to make someone. Thought of Joker. ..bout it. I made it cuz I was bored.

One in my avatar(SplitScreen).. was also cuz I was bored. I drew an eye shape in photoshop. Decided to make a face. Turned into some random hero dude. That turned into SplitScreen. Razz

Not much to mine. I doubt I'll ever get into a story or anything. I'm too lazy to make back stories and everything..I just like making the micro. Razz
Back to top Go down
grn_robskelington

grn_robskelington

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 7:51 pm

well basically my hero Drakoman was made at first to sorta go along with the fun after id read devons stories and stuff, its basically me cept it doesnt look like me. after a while i started to get more and more into it, editing it to make it seem more realistic and modern, the first one i had looked like something out of the power rangers lol
Back to top Go down
mccollough
The Epic One
The Epic One
mccollough

Male
Scorpio Rooster
Image Software : Paint. Simple, yet the best IMO.
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 8:21 pm

i entered some contest where i made a hero with the british flag on him... and he became the first patriot... originally... he was a pliceman... who got his powers when a load of toxic waste got dumped on him, but i thought it was to streotypical so i changed the story to what it is today...

How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Evolutionot4

i guess he got better as i did... he changed from a 50's style "Camp" hero... into a more grungier... batman style guy...

I've reached a point where i want to add a few more bits to his story, but his design is perfect for me
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Male
Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 8:50 pm

I have always liked your hero, even when he was camp, he reminds me of doctor who, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Aarel

Aarel

Male
Aries Pig
Image Software : Microsoft Paint
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:55 am

Wow Dusk I like how your Hero came to be that is very cool.
Back to top Go down
Patrick O'Leary

Patrick O'Leary

Male
Taurus Rooster
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:07 am

Well, Dark Stalker was just an improvisation...
It was created thanks to Danix, who was making a "Golden Age Hero" request-verse, and I wanted one, but he told me he needed a hero, so *PLOP* Darkie appeared!
And his story was co-written with Rupertito, the emo kid inside of me (he's between my stomach and my liver)... To be honest, Riku is pretty emo-ish...
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Male
Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:16 pm

AArel wrote:
Wow Dusk I like how your Hero came to be that is very cool.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Aarel

Aarel

Male
Aries Pig
Image Software : Microsoft Paint
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Your Welcome Scarlet I came up with The Fly because I was board then when I finished I liked how he came out and when I finnished my Cat killed a Fly and then I decided to give him a symbol of a Fly. I know thats confusing but that is how I created him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:56 pm

I made Haste up because everyone else was making heroes *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Razor Infinity

Razor Infinity

Male
Libra Goat
Image Software : MS Paint and the Funk machine.
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:08 pm

I like anime and superheroes,so I made my own combining my favourite parts of the two,and from there Razor has evolved into his own hero.
Back to top Go down
mccollough
The Epic One
The Epic One
mccollough

Male
Scorpio Rooster
Image Software : Paint. Simple, yet the best IMO.
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 3:01 pm

scarletspider666 wrote:
I have always liked your hero, even when he was camp, he reminds me of doctor who, for some reason.

many aspects of him were inspired by dr who

including

Nina: The Doctor's daughter
time master: the master

The Patriot himself has many of the personality quirks of the dactor

so yeah... it is very much reminisent of doctor who
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)   How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How It Came To Be (The History of MIB Heroes.)
Page 1 of 1