Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)

Go down 
+53
Kyle Ronan Tyler
Bazzard
jldyck
Joffre Roda
twiztedmonkeyboi
Bookworm
sabetooth
WHY_SO_SERIOUS
Ghost_Spider
thetrappedartist
Daisuke
Undefined
argosail
Fireaver
Spector
Dragonfist
Patrick O'Leary
Cigy
Kate
deadman75
alpha1075
Wade_Jordan68
Omnis Ra
Da Talking Beaver
Tower
Mowzer
Blanchett
ION
Violent by Nature
Kodiak
Anth
Iceman
Emissary
Sir Uriel
keeban93
Jod
tartarus Fenix
Dax
Kgoku
Reverend.Slaughter
task at hand
JDD19and99
KatyKat
Koosh
trickster74
Hyperman
Alex
mach3gillette
Action Girl
Razor Infinity
RayneKirby
Aarel
Captain Starlight
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
mach3gillette
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
mach3gillette

Male
Aquarius Rooster
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Dude, when you complete this, it will quite possibly the best thing you've ever done!
No, scratch that, THE BEST THING YOU'VE EVER DONE!!!!

The eyes have that puppy dog look they have in the movies and... DAMN, I'm really REALLY impressed!!

Just zoomed in and I'm epically impressed, the details on the face are damn near perfect!!
Hopefully you do some of the designs that they have when you're done, if you're not to sick of Prawns!

Keep up the STUPENDOUS work!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/mach3gillette
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:27 pm

The evolution of the prawn is really great. It's something I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do.

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Signature_02_DaxCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Fastest_TeamCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 246m1cn
Templates update : September the 30th 2020 -///- Gallery update : April 2nd 2022
ReImagining MMPR my universe.
Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:51 am

Oh wow the Prawn's micro evolution is coming along so epic.
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:54 am

Thank you all, especially Mach for the high praise. I'm very flattered. Very Happy

mach3gillette wrote:
Hopefully you do some of the designs that they have when you're done, if you're not to sick of Prawns!

The only ones I have planned as of now are Christopher and Wikus, but I may do Paul (Christopher's friend who gets shot in the head by Kobus) if I can stomach that yellow and black pattern and all the little spark plugs on his shell.

Dunno if I'll do little Oliver tho, that's a whole other ground-up design.

EDIT:

Tada!

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 CS_Temp_Prawn

I give you the prawn template! I'll go post it in the Sci-Fi temp section too.
Back to top Go down
mach3gillette
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
mach3gillette

Male
Aquarius Rooster
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:34 pm

....I love you...
Seriously, great job, you committed and it looks great!!!
Keep up the wonderful work!
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/mach3gillette
Bazzard

Bazzard

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : MS Paint and a lot of patience.
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:36 pm

That is really impressive. The amount of work that must've went into that is insane.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : Aseprite
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:42 pm

It's already impresive from a distance!

And when you zoom in,you can see how much work you spent into it!

It looks simply amazing man,two thumbs up for you! Very Happy

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 DG8K4HSCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 4xp04zDCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 GKEgDYECaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Nxa02gqCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 EsMB5V3Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 RIPRP4CCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Nesd9yYCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 N6QKswuCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
[03:24:06] * Ghost_Spider turns to lil pengy and dances pengy dance.
[03:25:00] Razor Infinity : this is a real kodak moment.
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:06 am

mach3gillette wrote:
....I love you...
Seriously, great job, you committed and it looks great!!!
Keep up the wonderful work!

Don't you mean, "You should be committed?" Razz Hehe, thanks. It was a challenge, but I finally did it. >.<

Bazzard wrote:
That is really impressive. The amount of work that must've went into that is insane.

Insane is right! If I wasn't crazy enough before, this thing pushed me over the edge. *rocks back and forth* Pixelllllls...

I'm just glad the hard part is over! Very Happy

Ghost_Spider wrote:
It's already impresive from a distance!

And when you zoom in,you can see how much work you spent into it!

It looks simply amazing man,two thumbs up for you!

I'm thinking I should have gone for a lighter colour for the temp, to make it easier to see the details, but I'll save any re-colouring for other prawns. As long as people can still tell the soft parts from the hard, shell bits I'm cool with leaving him like this.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak

Kodiak

Male
Aries Pig
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Amazing job!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Ronan Tyler
probation
probation
Kyle Ronan Tyler

Male
Pisces Monkey
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:39 pm

About your template: It kinda reminds me of Russell Crowe Smile
Cool micros! Keep it up Wink Love to see more
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:11 am

OMFG affraid ... 'nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:40 am

Russell Crowe huh? I guess it does kinda look like him. Just shorter. XD
Back to top Go down
twiztedmonkeyboi

twiztedmonkeyboi

Male
Pisces Dog
Image Software : MSpaint
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:50 am

OH MY GOD! it looks great!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=box_3&amp;ref=profile&
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks guys. Very Happy

Anyway, took a break from District 9 because I thought it was about time I updated my avatar!

I present to you, Captain Starlight as he first appeared in the 1950s:

Unarmed:
Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 CS_Cappy_50s_Unarmed

Armed:
Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 CS_Cappy_50s_Armed

Okay, so I went a little overboard... I just can't make up my mind over which ones I like. That's where you guys come in. I need some feedback on which ones you like best.

1. For the helmeted look, reflective lenses or transparent?
2. For the unmasked look, lighter or darker blonde?

Also included: Bonus tooth *PING!*

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 CS_Cappy_50s_MintyFresh

Hehe, couldn't help myself. Razz

EDIT: Almost forgot! Here are all my references. From left to right:

City of Heroes, Fabrica de Herois, Champions Online

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Cappy_Comparison

I also used a drawing I had lying around. I took aspects of all of them and melded them into the one, ultimate Cappy, with whom I am very happy! Hah, I'm a poet too.
Back to top Go down
Fireaver

Fireaver

Male
Aquarius Rooster
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Absolutely love his design! Well done
Back to top Go down
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:59 pm

so uh, may I inquire as to whether or not you own Champions Online? I'm wondering because if you managed to find a standalone character creator...I would love to use it Razz

Also I really like how he looks and my fav is the transparent lenses, and the lighter blond w/aviators
Back to top Go down
http://darksteelblonde.deviantart.com/
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:22 pm

I like the darker blonde better, as for the visor if it wasn't a microhero but a cartoon/comic book/movie character I'd say : give him reflective lenses in some angle and non reflective ones when viewed from a different angle

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Signature_02_DaxCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Fastest_TeamCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 246m1cn
Templates update : September the 30th 2020 -///- Gallery update : April 2nd 2022
ReImagining MMPR my universe.
Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:08 am

Thank you for the input guys! Very Happy

Fallen Angel wrote:
so uh, may I inquire as to whether or not you own Champions Online? I'm wondering because if you managed to find a standalone character creator...I would love to use it Razz

Also I really like how he looks and my fav is the transparent lenses, and the lighter blond w/aviators

Yup, I've been playing Champions Online since closed beta and I have a lifetime membership, so I don't have to pay a monthly fee. ^_^ Captain Starlight has been my main character in both City of Heroes (played for upwards of four years, though I stopped last year) and Champions.

Unfortunately there is no stand-alone creator, though I've always been a big supporter of the idea. Crying or Very sad

Dax wrote:
I like the darker blonde better, as for the visor if it wasn't a microhero but a cartoon/comic book/movie character I'd say : give him reflective lenses in some angle and non reflective ones when viewed from a different angle

Funny you should say that, Dax. One day I hope to publish his adventures and you just gave me a good idea on how to handle his lenses. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patrick O'Leary

Patrick O'Leary

Male
Taurus Rooster
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:49 am

So good! D:
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks dude. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
txf

txf

Male
Scorpio Snake
Image Software : MS Paint and Photoshop
Registration date : 2006-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:44 am

Awesomesauce.

Really like the helmet.

Couple small things though. (Really just nitpicking..but..that's me..Razz)- The blue section on the pants look a bit..dark. Even if it's meant to be dark blue, you might want to either lighten the lightest shades, or add some highlights..it's kinda hard(at least for me) to see the shading on it...Also. The lines on the boots could use some smoothing/AA(the 2 vertical lines on the brown part). That's something people never seem to bother smoothing out...the 1 pixel lines(which are the parts that really need it)..

Also, it's probably just me, but, if you make another one, you might wanna maybe attempt one with colors that are closer together in brightness. What I mean, is like.. You have darker red/dark blue/dark brown...right next to bright yellow/silver/etc...If you look at the 3 references you made, you'll notice that to buckles/buttons/etc don't stand out as much as they do in the micro. Again though, it could just be a personal preference in style that no one else agrees with.. Razz

Other than that, I think it's quite good. Smile

PS: Fabrica is cool, but I wish they'd add ..i dunno..more?. It just seems lacking. There's a lot you can't do, as well as a lack of layers for each thing. More layers might make it easier but meh. I can never seem to make anything good in it. Awesome that you managed to make something decent in it..
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:51 am

txf wrote:
Awesomesauce.

Really like the helmet.

Couple small things though. (Really just nitpicking..but..that's me..Razz)- The blue section on the pants look a bit..dark. Even if it's meant to be dark blue, you might want to either lighten the lightest shades, or add some highlights..it's kinda hard(at least for me) to see the shading on it...Also. The lines on the boots could use some smoothing/AA(the 2 vertical lines on the brown part). That's something people never seem to bother smoothing out...the 1 pixel lines(which are the parts that really need it)..

Also, it's probably just me, but, if you make another one, you might wanna maybe attempt one with colors that are closer together in brightness. What I mean, is like.. You have darker red/dark blue/dark brown...right next to bright yellow/silver/etc...If you look at the 3 references you made, you'll notice that to buckles/buttons/etc don't stand out as much as they do in the micro. Again though, it could just be a personal preference in style that no one else agrees with.. Razz

Other than that, I think it's quite good. Smile

PS: Fabrica is cool, but I wish they'd add ..i dunno..more?. It just seems lacking. There's a lot you can't do, as well as a lack of layers for each thing. More layers might make it easier but meh. I can never seem to make anything good in it. Awesome that you managed to make something decent in it..

Thanks for the crits dude, those are all valid points and I'll take them into consideration in the future but I'm done with this particular micro, lol. I've made too many versions of him to go back and adjust/repost them all now. Razz

Yeah, I had trouble finding the right shade of blue to use on his pants and I ended up sampling directly from the references. Perhaps the darker shades are too close together in tone, I dunno. Maybe it's the fact they're surrounded by brighter colours like the red and silver.

As for the lines on his boots, I dunno how I'd go about anti-aliasing those with the brown next to them. Too much of a n00b. >.<

Also, I think with the gold and silver, it was the particular palettes I was working with that just made it come out that way. The silver in particular is very high in contrast because I've used it in the past on very shiny metals. I dunno, perhaps his glove/boot bits shouldn't be so shiny, but his helmet is chromed so it's definitely s'posed to be that way. Very Happy

I generally tend to like bright, shiny gold parts though. I'm a bit of a magpie I guess. Razz

But hey, thanks for taking the time out to give the CC man, I really appreciate it. Not enough of that going on around here. I think people are afraid to step on toes. Razz

PS: Try Heromachine 3, it's got INFINITE layers and a more realistic style. I used to use Fabrica because it was simple and quick, but the new HM is just the bees knees when it comes to detail. Takes a while though... Oh and that particular Fabrica version was edited slightly in Paint, so yeah, I cheated. XD
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:03 am

bravo and well done with the new Captain Starlight, he looks so classy awesome.
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:14 am

Classy? Exactly what I was going for! Thanks dude, I really appreciate it. Very Happy

Anyhoo, I guess I've decided which one I wanted to use as my new avatar. Razz I picked the relective lenses cuz it just sticks with the theme of hardly ever seeing his actual eyes. Obviously if it was a comic/cartoon/movie or whatever, there would be times you saw them and I figure both the transparent and reflective lenses on the helmet would be canon. He'd be able to "switch on" the reflectiveness so to speak. Either that, or it could be like those sunglasses that self-tint in the sunlight.

As for the hair, I'm going with the darker version. It doesn't contrast as much with his tanned skin and he's not bleach blonde after all. Razz

Anyway, next up is Christopher Johnson, from District 9! Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Da Talking Beaver

Da Talking Beaver

Male
Aquarius Dog
Image Software : Various Adobe products.
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:37 am

So, I've got question: How does Captain Starlight get from his 1950's look to the other look you've shown us? The change between costumes seem a bit drastic.
Back to top Go down
http://stuffbybrian.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next