Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)

Go down 
+53
Kyle Ronan Tyler
Bazzard
jldyck
Joffre Roda
twiztedmonkeyboi
Bookworm
sabetooth
WHY_SO_SERIOUS
Ghost_Spider
thetrappedartist
Daisuke
Undefined
argosail
Fireaver
Spector
Dragonfist
Patrick O'Leary
Cigy
Kate
deadman75
alpha1075
Wade_Jordan68
Omnis Ra
Da Talking Beaver
Tower
Mowzer
Blanchett
ION
Violent by Nature
Kodiak
Anth
Iceman
Emissary
Sir Uriel
keeban93
Jod
tartarus Fenix
Dax
Kgoku
Reverend.Slaughter
task at hand
JDD19and99
KatyKat
Koosh
trickster74
Hyperman
Alex
mach3gillette
Action Girl
Razor Infinity
RayneKirby
Aarel
Captain Starlight
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:01 am

Heh, well I don't want to divulge the details of it, but the current plan is that on one of his missions in space he's fundamentally affected by some form of cosmic phenomenon and wakes up in the present day sporting strange powers. Kind of a cross between the Fantastic Four and Captain America in origin I suppose, though it was nothing more than an unconscious influence, I swear! Razz

The hybrid backstory was born out of conflicting ideas I had about the nature of the character. The original one was that he was your classic, Silver Age superhero sporting tights, briefs and a cape. The other was that he was a daring space ranger active in the 1950s. I wanted to find a way to reconcile two seemingly disparate ideas in a somewhat believable (in comic dreamland maybe) way.

The meta-history is that he was originally published in a similar fashion to the original WW2 era Captain America comics and then the character was revived in a "new and fresh" fashion once comics became more about superheroics. Of course, the writers wouldn't want to do away with the traditional space ranger theme, so both the past and present adventures would run concurrently, featuring the same character, but different settings/plots. So I guess you could say the spandex look is his more recent costume. Though he'd only sport it for a few story arcs before changing to something more contemporary.

So yeah, it's complex, maybe a little convoluted, but I think I can make it work. Razz

That was probably more info than you were looking for. Bet you're sorry you asked now. XD
Back to top Go down
Da Talking Beaver

Da Talking Beaver

Male
Aquarius Dog
Image Software : Various Adobe products.
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:04 am

Am I sorry: no. I was looking for an answer & you gave one that was well thought out.

As for you idea being complex & convoluted: it's no more then other comic book characters out there. You want a comic book character that has a complex & convoluted backstory, try explaining Hawkman to someone who doesn't read comics some time! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://stuffbybrian.blogspot.com/
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:24 am

Da Talking Beaver wrote:
Am I sorry: no. I was looking for an answer & you gave one that was well thought out.

As for you idea being complex & convoluted: it's no more then other comic book characters out there. You want a comic book character that has a complex & convoluted backstory, try explaining Hawkman to someone who doesn't read comics some time! Smile

Hahaha, I would be one of those. Not a huge DC guy by any means. Razz

But thanks for the vote of confidence! Pretty much all of my original characters have some form of story or background ideas behind them, I just choose to keep it mum most of the time. Razz Mr. Viridian in particular has a very different and tragic backstory, but he's one of the concepts I'm most keen to develop into something more, so the micro hides one key bit of his character. Word of advice: Don't open that coat!
Back to top Go down
JukeBoxZero

JukeBoxZero

Male
Sagittarius Goat
Registration date : 2010-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:10 am

Awesome avatar.
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks dude! Smile
Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male
Aquarius Cat
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:11 am

Groovy lookin character
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/eXtras/index.php?showforum=60
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:43 am

Thanks Daisuke! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:06 pm

Alrighty then, finally got around to doing my first micro based on the prawn template, Christopher Johnson!

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 CS_Christopher_Johnson

I'm not sure what's going on with the raggy pants bit on his crotch, I tried my best to get the shading right, but it just wasn't working for me. >.< Maybe it's the symmetrical aspect that's making it look like crud. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Spector

Spector

Male
Aries Snake
Image Software : Student
Registration date : 2006-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Wow! Absolutely fantastic work! I love how detailed he is, especially his face.
Back to top Go down
Baragon
Jr. Mods
Jr. Mods
Baragon

Male
Leo Rooster
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:38 pm

The "prawn" is realy creepy... GREAT Very Happy

And for teh 50's Cap starlight...
Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Gzdru-Bar

"We will fight till our very last pixel. Every one of us !
Is this madness ?... NO ! THIS IS MICRO !!!!!!!"
Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 BaragonSmileyThanks KooshCaptain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 BaragonSmiley
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:28 am

Holy Shocked ing awesome work, he looks so impressive.
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:22 am

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words.

@Spector: Yeah, it was a pain to get all those little details down. Razz

@Baragon: Aww, don't say that, you'll hurt his feelings. He's wearing clothes! He thinks he's people! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patrick O'Leary

Patrick O'Leary

Male
Taurus Rooster
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:40 pm

So accurate! D:
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Well, it's officially my second favourite movie behind the Star Wars series (which all share top place), so I figured for the first ever microes of it, I'd go all-out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Alrighty then, thought I'd get back to Champions Online for a bit. This time, the villainous vixen, Mindslayer!

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 CS_Mindslayer_4pack

Made 4 different variants, two without zippers, two with. Two without belts, two with. The leftmost one is the most game accurate.

Enjoy!

PS: If anyone wants to do a Psylocke-esque psy-blade effect for her, feel free. I suck at effects. Razz
Back to top Go down
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Captain Starlight wrote:
Alrighty then, thought I'd get back to Champions Online for a bit. This time, the villainous vixen, Mindslayer!

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 CS_Mindslayer_4pack

Made 4 different variants, two without zippers, two with. Two without belts, two with. The leftmost one is the most game accurate.

Enjoy!

PS: If anyone wants to do a Psylocke-esque psy-blade effect for her, feel free. I suck at effects. Razz
AH! You beat me to her! *shakes fist*

Good job on her, for reals!

I love how accurate you have her Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://darksteelblonde.deviantart.com/
Razor Infinity

Razor Infinity

Male
Libra Goat
Image Software : MS Paint and the Funk machine.
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:51 pm

Dude,the facial expression makes this micro,awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:46 am

Fallen Angel wrote:
AH! You beat me to her! *shakes fist*

Good job on her, for reals!

I love how accurate you have her Surprised

Hehe, my bad. Wink

I figure if you're not gonna do a micro accurately, what's the point, amirite? Razz

Thanks Angel! Very Happy

Razor Infinity wrote:

Dude,the facial expression makes this micro,awesome stuff.

Yeah, I think I worked the hardest on the face, though this micro was surprisingly tough to get right! I wanted to convey that "cute but crazy and deadly" look in her facial expression.
Back to top Go down
jldyck

jldyck

Male
Pisces Monkey
Image Software : paint, photoshop
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:55 pm

i think i like Mindslayer #4 the best
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:47 am

Did I say the leftmost one was the most game accurate? I meant the rightmost one, lol. Gimme a break, it was late. Razz

Thanks jldyk, I used that one for my gallery. Smile

Dunno, who I'm doing next, but I think I'm going through a bit of a "rest phase", so we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:05 am

Oh wow what one fine babe, she all look so damn fine.
Back to top Go down
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:54 am

Thanks, Kgoku. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Male
Scorpio Snake
Image Software : MS paint
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:40 pm

I know im super late on this but your Prawn micro turned out amazing,, and the CJ version jut tops it, you coul tell you really have a lot of passion for that project, and it shows with the detail you put into these. Your other ceations have been great too, love the new Captain Starlight

****DO NOT TAKE/MOD ANY PARTS OF MY MICROS****
Back to top Go down
http://alexmicroheroes.deviantart.com/
Captain Starlight

Captain Starlight

Male
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:48 am

Alex wrote:
I know im super late on this but your Prawn micro turned out amazing,, and the CJ version jut tops it, you coul tell you really have a lot of passion for that project, and it shows with the detail you put into these. Your other ceations have been great too, love the new Captain Starlight

Hey, thanks dude! Coming from you that's saying something. Smile

I've been on a bit of a hiatus recently. Just started work, so time to micro is slim indeed. Working on the main villain of the movie now, Kobus the mercenary. Dunno when I'll have him done, but he'll get here eventually. Not making any long term predictions tho for future work. Have to juggle my time between a few different things atm. Razz
Back to top Go down
Undefined

Undefined

Male
Virgo Pig
Image Software : Paint
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:49 am

50's Captain Starlight... I love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)   Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer) - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain Starlight's Creations (Champions Online Update: Mindslayer)
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next