Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!

Go down 
+10
whizzbang
Spaz
mach3gillette
Spector
Omnis Ra
Squigfly
Jorge Martinez
Jod
Dax
argosail
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cap

Cap

Male
Cancer Dog
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2006-11-27

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 am

Nice Stuff. Very Awesome Indeed.
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon
Image Software : Photoshop, sometimes Paint
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Cap and Whizzbang, thank you so much. I appreciate the support!

Here are some anthropomorphic animal superheroes from the Golden Age of comics. Although they might seem obscure now, they were much less obscure 60 years ago. While they are not to scale with an average size micro (because they would be way too small), they are to scale with each other. Hope you enjoy: Flash Rabbit, Supermouse and Cosmo Cat!

(Supermouse not to be confused with Mighty Mouse)

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 FlashRabbitArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 SupermouseArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 CosmoCat
Back to top Go down
http://universe2.1free.ws
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Never heard of them, but well done.

Back to top Go down
whizzbang

whizzbang

Male
Pisces Age : 154
Image Software : MSPain
Registration date : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 am

Awesome Animal superheroes. Will you be doing more? BTW You could probably do Mighty Mouse with that middle temp, it's the right shape (If you wanted to). Still I think those three are really great
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:12 am

You're right Whizz, Mighty Mouse was a pretty easy conversion from Supermouse. So, I did him just for you. Also, some more Golden Age animal obscurity...Super Pup, and Cosmo Cat with his more common head design.

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 MightyMouse1Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 SuperPup1Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 CosmoCat2
Back to top Go down
whizzbang

whizzbang

Male

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Yay! You've just made my day Very Happy bounces up and down with excitement* bounce
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:30 am

Haha...well, I'm glad I could make someone's day a little brighter! Very Happy

Now, getting into the "way back machine," and setting the dial for pre-Golden Age, I present the earliest known precursor to Itchy and Scratchy. Although frankly, Ignatz mouse was funnier. These are some of the earliest and funniest cartoon animals to appear in a comic strip. I present Krazy Kat, Ignatz Mouse and Flip the Frog.

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 IgnatzArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 KrazyKatArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Flip
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:27 am

crickets....

Okay well, I don't care because I DID IT! I WON! I have created the most obscure and lame character from an actual comic book to ever be reproduced as a micro! Cucu, The Corn Creature!!! YES! Take that suckas! My mom always said I was special.

I also created Atomic Mouse and Fearless Fly! I promise, this will be the last of my funny animals micros for now. Enjoy!

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 CucuArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 FearlessflyArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 AtomicMouse
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:15 am

Okay, back to action heroes. I know you've all been waiting for this! Haha...

With the return of the new series V on tuesday, I've decided to jump in the way back machine to create the original version of Ana, back when she was called Diana.

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Diana-AS
Back to top Go down
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:05 am

When I saw the title of your gallery, I wondered : "Is it going to be the 'new sauce V it taste funny at first but it's not bad' or the 'Old school awesome BBQ sauce V we're all used to' ones."

Looks like I got my answer. Nice job. I hope you do more, especially my favourite Willie.

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Signature_02_DaxArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Fastest_TeamArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 246m1cn
Templates update : September the 30th 2020 -///- Gallery update : April 2nd 2022
ReImagining MMPR my universe.
Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:53 am

Haha....you crack me up Dax! Just for that I'll work on a Willie.
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:49 am

After watching SNL last night, I just felt compelled to tell the world that Greg is NOT an alien!

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Greg-AS

"You're the Maaaan RICK!!! HA-HAW!"

NEXT CALLER!!!!
Back to top Go down
WHY_SO_SERIOUS

WHY_SO_SERIOUS

Male
Cancer Rooster
Image Software : Microsoft Paint
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:24 am

hahaha this is awesome dude great job!
Back to top Go down
http://whysoserious.com
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:52 am

Thanks WSS. Continuing my alien theme, here are some more visitors from the original V series. I sexed up Diana's hair a little, gave her the white costume variant, and created a standard V officer. I also did Willie as promised. I don't normally make custom hair and faces, but Englund's face is so unique, I had to. I'm not 100 percent happy with it, but in the end, I think you can tell it's Willie.

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Diana2-ASArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Visitor-ASArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Willie-AS

New V Series starts again tonight! Do you think we'll see the red uniforms of the "peace keepers" when the conflict becomes more public?
Back to top Go down
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:14 am

Willie does look a little weird, but yes I can tell it's him.

I don't really know what's going to happen for the V 2009, I haven't watch trailers for the new episodes. I don't usually watch trailers for second half of series, for new seasons (sometimes) and for new series yes, but not for second half. And I never watch the 'Next time on [name of the TV series]' I like a little surprise.

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Signature_02_DaxArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Fastest_TeamArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 246m1cn
Templates update : September the 30th 2020 -///- Gallery update : April 2nd 2022
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:10 am

Okay Dax, tell me if Willie looks any better/more normal now. I think I fixed some of the problems with him. This is why I usually just use a template face, because there is only so much you can do with such a small face, and changing it up can screw things up. In order to mimic unique features like Englund's, you have to exaggerate things a little, which is why he has a big nose, goofy smile and small eyes. I keep comparing to reference shots, but I think it looks like him. Am I off on something? Should the hair be outlined with something darker maybe?

Well, anyway, I did Queen Merla from Voltron as well. She didn't come around until the end of the series, but I found her so colorful and unique looking, I couldn't help but give her a try.

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Willie2-ASArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Merla
Back to top Go down
whizzbang

whizzbang

Male

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:39 pm

woohoo! Yay, cool Queen Merla! Will you be doing more Voltron micros? Very Happy

I think Exagerating Robert's features was a good Idea, it is how a lot of drawings work. With a bit of practice most cartoonists manage to exagerate the features & still make their drawings look like the people concerned - looking forward to seeing more
Back to top Go down
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Willie does look better, nice job.

Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:26 am

whizz,

I'm thinking about doing Lotor and Zarkon, but I like jumping around to different universes. I wouldn't want to get predictable. At one point, I thought about doing a series of big Robeasts, kinda like your big robots, but I decided to stick to characters that survived more than half an episode of a show.
Back to top Go down
Omnis Ra

Omnis Ra

Male
Sagittarius Goat
Image Software : MS PAINT
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:57 am

You thought about doing Galaxy High?
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Wow, that's an obscure one. To be honest, I'm not that familiar with the Galaxy High characters. I was more focused on the action/drama shows as a kid. I'd probably be more likely to do Jem micros. Actually, that show kinda kicked ass for one that was targeted at girls. But you can expect to see more 80's...Captain Power's up next.
Back to top Go down
Baragon
Jr. Mods
Jr. Mods
Baragon

Male
Leo Rooster
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:39 am

cheers CAPTAIN POWER cheers

"We will fight till our very last pixel. Every one of us !
Is this madness ?... NO ! THIS IS MICRO !!!!!!!"
Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 BaragonSmileyThanks KooshArgosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 BaragonSmiley
Back to top Go down
Undefined

Undefined

Male
Virgo Pig
Image Software : Paint
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:45 am

Captain Power? This requires a google search.
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Male
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future, sounds dumb, but it was a great live-action Sunday morning show. Using an innovative technique, it actually allowed you to play a game of lasertag with your TV, using specially designed toys. Regardless of the gimmick, the show was well written, and frankly just awesome. It was like a low budget PG version of the Terminator storyline, with a little Iron Man thrown in. Unfortunately, it hasn't made it to DVD yet...which is kind of a tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!   Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Argosail's Gallery (Update 4/9): More 80's stuff!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2