Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Who or what started you in microing?

Go down 
+12
Bub
Vaendin
Razor Infinity
darksteelblonde
Patrick O'Leary
Dax
Squigfly
Ghost_Spider
Anth
Emissary
Quester
Kat
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat
Kat

Female
Aries Snake
Image Software : Photoshop / Animation Shop
Registration date : 2006-11-25

Who or what started you in microing? Empty
PostSubject: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:55 pm

You asked for this, JP Very Happy

When you began microing/dolling originally what set off the spark? What made you make that first micro... also, where did you learn of microing to begin with?

For me it's easy... I first saw dolling with those dollz that you goto a site and you adopted their premade dollz and found a bunch and make the original site that at the time was called Sword and the Stone, which was an Excalibur site... still have the printouts of that site... man, that's an old memory. I had one of a priestess that I adopted plus some cute X-Men dollz that I can go look up with someone really wants to see them... they're on archive. My first ever doll was a Shadowcat palace doll. It is terrible, looking back on it now, but it was a start.

As for micros, my brotehr started me on those. He knew I was into dollz and showed me Jorge's Legion of Micro-Heroes site. I saw them and freaked out! From there I got on lilguyz. My first micro was half made by Ben Cooper (I think it was) and was She-Ra (posted in first micro thread) and then I made a micro me with red hair (it's on jerome's site & first micro thread, I think). I started out slow, but eventually made over a thousand micros in my time... sure, it's tapered off, but I still love um.

I miss seeing those original micro makes works... Ben, Robert, Whirlwind... gads, I've been at this a while.

If I see a Shadowcat micro (when I can find um), it's usually enough to get me to doll/micro something Very Happy Ask any of my online sibs... lol

Quester

Quester

Male
Aries Snake
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:19 pm

I dont remember how but I stumbled across ZBBs and starting frankening with the micros on there for my own entertainment. It was only through the links that were on that page at the time that I realised other people were making them and I starting postin the ones Id been making for the last few months. Dax hosted and converted the files for me.

I have a feeling stumblin across ZBBs will be alot of peoples story
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/the-quester/gallery
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:33 pm

I saw Rich's site and the Star Trek micros he made, and thought I would give it a shot. Wink

Who or what started you in microing? Ragxxi29Who or what started you in microing? Fastes10Who or what started you in microing? Rag_xx21Who or what started you in microing? Em_s_f10Who or what started you in microing? I_vote11Who or what started you in microing? Emi10Who or what started you in microing? Em_zps05e308ce Who or what started you in microing? Kat-my13

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/m4ttne55
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Anth

Male
Cancer Monkey
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Stumbled across ZBB's after searching Nightcrawler on google images, from there I ended up at MIB where the friendly critters taught me the way of their hobby
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : Aseprite
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:09 pm

ZBB's Mortal Kombat Section for me,while I was googling for some cool Sub-Zero images.

There were some characters missing,so I decided to give them a try.The first one: MK Deception Sub Zero.After that,well... You know the rest. Laughing

Who or what started you in microing? DG8K4HSWho or what started you in microing? 4xp04zDWho or what started you in microing? GKEgDYEWho or what started you in microing? Nxa02gqWho or what started you in microing? EsMB5V3Who or what started you in microing? RIPRP4CWho or what started you in microing? Nesd9yYWho or what started you in microing? N6QKswuWho or what started you in microing? 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
[03:24:06] * Ghost_Spider turns to lil pengy and dances pengy dance.
[03:25:00] Razor Infinity : this is a real kodak moment.
Back to top Go down
Squigfly

Squigfly

Male
Taurus Pig
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:19 pm

ZBBs Amalgam section, googles some images of super soldier and stumbled upon it. I frankensteined for some time until I finally came to this place just over a year ago.
Back to top Go down
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:47 pm

I first discovered microheroes around 2002 or early 2003. I came across ZeBallBreaker's website when searching for images of Amalgam comics characters. I first discovered the part with all the Timm style images and then I found the microheroes. I didn't know much about them and I was completely lost. Plus I thought it wasn't very pretty. Around august 2003, one of my friends from a X-Men discussion board started to make some custom characters, and I guess I had changed by that time since I asked him to make one for me. I wasn't especially happy with the result so I decided to try my hand at it. Basically I used the head he had made and put it on a Neo micro from ZBB's site. The more I made micros, the more I liked them. And since that friend had created a board for the french community, well I had quite the opportunity to make microheroes. The rest of the story, I've told it many times.

Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
Patrick O'Leary

Patrick O'Leary

Male
Taurus Rooster
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Stumbled upon ZBB while looking for Aquaman images.
That led me to Barney's site, and then to Johnny Patches', and then to MIB.
Back to top Go down
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Q: When you began microing/dolling originally what set off the spark? What made you make that first micro... also, where did you learn of microing to begin with?

A:
I began making my own dollz forever and a day ago, when I came across a doll maker with these little lovelies:
Who or what started you in microing? Dollz
Around the same time I began gettin into avatar edits for go-gaia (now gaiaonline).
Who or what started you in microing? SqualleditWho or what started you in microing? KibaAkamaruEdittimeskipWho or what started you in microing? Kakashiedit2

Then, while looking for mortal kombat references for the avatar edits, I came across micro heroes on ZBB's site, and I franked my first thing into this:
Who or what started you in microing? MKRez

And made my first true micro soon thereafter:
Who or what started you in microing? Militarymicro

And that's my story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://darksteelblonde.deviantart.com/
Razor Infinity

Razor Infinity

Male
Libra Goat
Image Software : MS Paint and the Funk machine.
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:41 pm

Discovered ZBB's site when I was searching for the old hero maker, I started franking the heroes for fun before I discovered MIB, so I got my butt signed up and away I went.
Back to top Go down
Vaendin

Vaendin

Male
Aries Rooster
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Lilith Von Silver's site -> Barney's site -> ZBB's site -> MIB

The first person who made me think I could micro something worth looking at? Kid Chaos! and Bill..
Back to top Go down
Bub

Bub

Male
Libra Pig
Image Software : MS Paint XP
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Google>Cyborg Power Rangers- ZBB- MIB.
Back to top Go down
Digclaw

Digclaw

Male
Taurus Horse
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:16 am

I saw them on comicboards (need to go there if it still exists, great comicbook forums) and clicked on a green lanter micro and ended up on the old JLA micro heroes webpage
after that i joined lilguys, then i moved to MIB, at somepoint my lilguys subscription got canceled even though i didn't cancel it and i've been on the boards ever since
Back to top Go down
http://microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/User:Digclaw
Omnis Ra

Omnis Ra

Male
Sagittarius Goat
Image Software : MS PAINT
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:05 am

I started on Kryptkom's site of the old DCUAnimated site. Trickster was around on that board. I made some really crappy looking DC Henshin style Justice League computer edits (looked good at the time) he came and redid them in Micro form. I asked about them and I was lead to the MIB board that was hacked.
Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:24 pm

i started with pokemon sprite edtis then found a site of a brazillian creator (cant find the site anymore dont remember anything...)
than read mre and found MIB I(i know to be excactit was the second but i mean the one before the relaunch)
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:24 pm

what got me start? oh wow i cant think that far back lol, web search on micronaughts i ran in to the old micro site.. seen ben cooper with his style.. jeff (namor)his awsome color patern.. rich with his animations i was amazed by, join lilguyz .. then started micro templates group what was suppose to be a storage space for lilguyz, the template site was not suppose to happen like it did it was to be a tempory site till i got marvel micro site up.. i removed it, bad choice on my part.. i got bomb with emails what happen to it.so i gave the people what they wanted..retired newborn on the way no time for it, lost track of peeps..years later my sisy kat tacklehugs me and here i am today. i always like to teamup. two heads are better then one and the things we came up with i dont think i could of did it alone. my team up parterns use to be. jeff me my bro.. rat the brains and dear friend.. my partner in crime ryan.. my big sissy kat which im older then Razz .. lilith a sweetheart..those people inspire me more then they think they did.. Cool oh befor i forget i do have all mircos that was on that site saved on HD.. and old stuff i never had time to finish.. for those who may be interested..
Back to top Go down
trickster74
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
trickster74

Male
Gemini Tiger
Image Software : Photoshop (It's magick!)
Registration date : 2006-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:56 am

Omnis Ra wrote:
I started on Kryptkom's site of the old DCUAnimated site. Trickster was around on that board. I made some really crappy looking DC Henshin style Justice League computer edits (looked good at the time) he came and redid them in Micro form. I asked about them and I was lead to the MIB board that was hacked.

I was responsible for your Microing? Shocked

I apologize, everyone.....

lol!

Just funning with ya Omni. That's a cool story, I didn't even remember it!

Burningbird wrote:
i started with pokemon sprite edtis then found a site of a brazillian creator (cant find the site anymore dont remember anything...)

Might it have been Barney (Ricardo Reis) or Argos? Neither site is up anymore, but I did find the index for Argos..... He had so many cool characters and costume variations...

http://www.geocities.ws/argos_madrid/index.html

I'd love to chime in on the overall topic, but I seriously can't remember. I know I was making Forum Avatars from Micros for my City of Heroes Super-Group. I joined the old Yahoo Lilguyz group, and DenDen and Seraph's LJ.....but I don't really remember where I saw the first Micro....

Trickster
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who or what started you in microing?   Who or what started you in microing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who or what started you in microing?
Page 1 of 1