Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Mortal Kombat: Rebirth

Go down 
+5
Ghost_Spider
Devon_Farmer
darksteelblonde
Shinobu
The Broken
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Broken

The Broken

Male
Virgo Dragon
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2006-11-18

Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:39 am

Okies well I don't know how many of you have witnessed this viral ad video that has been doing the runs on youtube and other such sites but before I go on about here is your chance to see it if you haven't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs3ROFNxa5M&feature=sub

Well I personally love the style and feel of it so far and would love for it to be fully produced as a film, however, this short was directed by Kevin Tancharoen (Fame) to show off to publishers as a means of getting it fully published as a film and with it getting almost a million views in 24 hrs on youtube alone it seems likely to get the go ahead.

A full interview with the director can be found here.

http://www.collider.com/2010/06/09/kevin-tancharoen-interview-mortal-kombat-rebirth-feature-film/

Anyone else like/dislike the trailer and why, or maybe you have ideas for other characters to be included.
Would like to see your comments.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu

Shinobu

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : Paint/Photoshop
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:55 am

Think i just messed myself...

Sure it doesn't look like the game or stay true to it but the fact that johnny cage is already dead and Scorpion is the main character is just... Well there is no word to describe it...

If this is the real deal, you bet im gonna be one of the first guys to watch it in cinema's in this country XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKEu3InZJgEuXqWTO54t1Q
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:58 am

Meh, they killed off my second favorite character. Kinda ruins it for me, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://darksteelblonde.deviantart.com/
Devon_Farmer

Devon_Farmer

Male
Capricorn Horse
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:55 am

Well, this was just a test run, I'm sure if they green lighted this, there would be actually well known actors in roles, and characters would be alive longer, etc.

Personally, I love the "Realistic" take on the roles... I'd love to see how they'd do Sub Zero and Raiden, etc. It would be a cool movie, but people would most definatly complain, you can never have something everyone will like.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu

Shinobu

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : Paint/Photoshop
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:03 am

The director himself said he would incorporate the special powers without making it unrealistic. The hardest person to do i think will be Shang Tsung due to his soul sucking and morphing powers. But i think its safe to say if it does get the green light it'll be a 100 times better than the previous two (Even though i actually liked them but im not a critic).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKEu3InZJgEuXqWTO54t1Q
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : Aseprite
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:04 am

So,they exchanged our favorite blood-thirsty warriors for... serial killers?

Sheesh,honestly,this doesn't sound very good for me...Neutral

Mortal Kombat: Rebirth DG8K4HSMortal Kombat: Rebirth 4xp04zDMortal Kombat: Rebirth GKEgDYEMortal Kombat: Rebirth Nxa02gqMortal Kombat: Rebirth EsMB5V3Mortal Kombat: Rebirth RIPRP4CMortal Kombat: Rebirth Nesd9yYMortal Kombat: Rebirth N6QKswuMortal Kombat: Rebirth 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
[03:24:06] * Ghost_Spider turns to lil pengy and dances pengy dance.
[03:25:00] Razor Infinity : this is a real kodak moment.
Back to top Go down
Digclaw

Digclaw

Male
Taurus Horse
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:08 am

It's just a short film done as an audition to direct a new one that will probably never get made

They second one was so bad they can't really make another one because the second one will taint it and people will just say the new one sucked because the second one did

Remember the first Mortal Kombat was actually good and got good reviews at the time, it was only after the second one came out that people started bashing it
Back to top Go down
http://microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/User:Digclaw
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:52 am

Honestly, I like serial killers in fiction. This looks good and I'd love to see a full feature length version of this movie.

I like the idea of making everyone into a "real life" situation.

Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
Razor Infinity

Razor Infinity

Male
Libra Goat
Image Software : MS Paint and the Funk machine.
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:50 pm

I've never really been familiar with or a fan of Mortal Kombat so I'm obviously speaking as an outsider but I did kinda like the trailer.
Back to top Go down
txf

txf

Male
Scorpio Snake
Image Software : MS Paint and Photoshop
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:16 am

I'm not hugely into Mortal Kombat.. I'm a street fighter guy.. However this does look kinda cool..well have to wait and see how it turns out..

Anyone else pause the video to check out sub-zero's face? xD
Back to top Go down
Digclaw

Digclaw

Male
Taurus Horse
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:37 am

Well there isn't actually a full film in production and Warner Bros keeps sitting on the rights, so the chances of a new movie getting made are still slim even with the net buzz from this short film.

The concept is actually interesting with the new takes on characters.

Now if only this director would put some effort into doing a Street Fighter film audition.... No that would be too cool, never happen

It is interesting that so many people think its actually for a full film. It wasn't ment to be a hoax, but its starting to turn into one.
Back to top Go down
http://microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/User:Digclaw
txf

txf

Male
Scorpio Snake
Image Software : MS Paint and Photoshop
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:40 am

Digclaw wrote:
Well there isn't actually a full film in production and Warner Bros keeps sitting on the rights, so the chances of a new movie getting made are still slim even with the net buzz from this short film.

The concept is actually interesting with the new takes on characters.

Now if only this director would put some effort into doing a Street Fighter film audition.... No that would be too cool, never happen

It is interesting that so many people think its actually for a full film. It wasn't ment to be a hoax, but its starting to turn into one.

A GOOD SF movie would be awesome..

But imagine: They base the new movie off of the original movie(cept they make it not suck this time..)... They're likely to make a game based of the movie.. Now..we'd have......A game, based on a movie, based on an older movie, that was based on a game.

I'd lol.
Back to top Go down
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:45 am

txf wrote:
But imagine: They base the new movie off of the original movie(cept they make it not suck this time..)... They're likely to make a game based of the movie.. Now..we'd have......A game, based on a movie, based on an older movie, that was based on a game.

Well, when they made Tomb Raider, they made a movie, based on a game that was based on movies (Indiana Jones) that where inspired by old adventure movies from the 50's

Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth   Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat: Rebirth
Page 1 of 1