Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

As you build micros?

Go down 
+11
Emissary
Ghost_Spider
Haydn
Omnis Ra
Alex
Zedox
Kat
IceMaiden
thetrappedartist
darksteelblonde
Aninha
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Aninha

Aninha

Female
Aquarius Dragon
Registration date : 2010-12-27

As you build micros? Empty
PostSubject: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:24 am

Well you should already know that I can not build computers, I'm just an admirer of these fantastic work you do, but I want to be a journalist and thought about doing an interview here, where you must answer questions prior to or put something more about how you create these wonders. The main questions are:

1 - A long time ago that you build micros?
2 - What program do you use to create them?
3 - In which file type you usually save their jobs?
4 - How long on average do you spend for a micro?
5 - How do you get inspired to create it?
6 - Is there a specific type that you most enjoy doing?
7 - Do you use that kind of base? or create your own?
8 - What tip would you give to those who want to start building micros?
9 - Report a maker of micros that you like or use as inspiration?
10 - In your opinion, what is your best creation (if you want to leave it to taste)
Back to top Go down
darksteelblonde

darksteelblonde

Female
Pisces Snake
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:37 am

1. I started making micros in about 2005, I believe
2. I use Adobe Photoshop CS5
3. I typically save them as .png files
4. On average, I spend about 2-5 hours on one micro
5. I get inspired by almost anything, music....images, anything can cause me to feel into microing
6. I like doing my original characters the most
7. I use bases I've made myself, typically
8. A tip I would give to people just starting, or who want to start, is that it's easy and fun....and you feel a whole lot better if you make things yourself, or at least try to
9. Alex, Strider, Wayuki.....these are a few of the creators who had inspired me to start microing
10. In my opinion, my best creation would probably be
As you build micros? SerGregor-KMT
Even though the coloring on it is a bit off; I feel it's quite well done
Back to top Go down
http://darksteelblonde.deviantart.com/
thetrappedartist

thetrappedartist

Female
Aries Buffalo
Image Software : Basic MS Paint
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:18 am

1 - I started in 2008
2 - Basic MS Paint
3 - PNG, non transparent cause I don't know how to do it
4 - Depends on the micro. anywhere from a few hours to on and off for days-weeks
5 - I espcially like to micro movie/tv/book/comic characters I enjoy or else people have never done before. I'm a stickler for outfits/costumes never microed
6 - Movies, most likely cartoon/disney
7 - Joffre's female base
8 - try to improve or experiment with the temps, don't just slap them on and call it a day. play with shading or lines to give it your own touch
9 - Haydnc95, Kat and Spaz
10 - My Gaston series
As you build micros? Gaston As you build micros? Gaston2 As you build micros? Gaston3
Back to top Go down
http://thetrappedartist.deviantart.com/
IceMaiden

IceMaiden

Female
Aries Tiger
Image Software : MS paint
Registration date : 2011-02-20

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:48 am

1 - 2007
3 - PNG
4 - 10 to 20 minutes
5 - My characters and looking at others beautiful works
6 - Fantasy, I like creating whicsicle dresses with flow, also superheroes and my ninjas
7 - I use another members template with my own face
8 - Take time on the shading and detail, it will pay off, even I'm not that good, and I've been at it for along time
9 - TTA Haydnc95, Lomeli, FA, Spector, Witch, Cyclops
10 - My Zelda Twilight Princess and Bella, that I did for Kat. Mostly because they were all from scracth, as are pretty much all of my micros.

As you build micros? Zelda110As you build micros? Bella10

Last edited by IceMaiden on Tue May 31, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kat
Kat

Female
Aries Snake
Image Software : Photoshop / Animation Shop
Registration date : 2006-11-25

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:56 am

I started making micros back in early 2002, not too long after the first template came out

JASC Animation Shop for the most part now, I lost my photoshop when I upgraded to Win7

GIF most of the time, PNG when I get photoshop back

If it's someone I know and have done before only and 2 hours or so, but I have spent over 4 days (steady 6 hours a day) working on a few... If it's someone I don't know or not inspired to do they take longer

Usually I'll make a micro of me or my character and go from there, once I start making I get a few done then get uninspired again. Unless you count the dollz and sprites.

Mostly superheroes or personal characters (mine or others)

The base I use is a mix of Joffre, TTA and Spaz's, but I also use alot of RatOnPier's poses

Save as GIF or PNG!! It really makes a difference! Take your time and pay attention to details.

Joffre Roda, MikeP, Spaz (yay!!), DenDen, Ben Cooper, Haydnc, Robert Bradley, TTA, Brad Monje, Jorge, Whirlwind (miss your micros!!), Donar, RatOnPier, Dai, SeaDragon (or whatever you go by now), Namor76 (purr), who else... All of my microhero family! There's more, but I'm running out of online time.

10 - In your opinion, what is your best creation (if you want to leave it to taste)
Hmm... hard choice....
Doll: As you build micros? Kat-Flamebird

Micro: As you build micros? Kat-sefra or my favorite set:
As you build micros? Kat-mico-arwyn2As you build micros? Kat-ladypendragon02As you build micros? Kat-tta-giselle2

Sprite: As you build micros? Kat-sprite-tilaweed

Zedox

Zedox

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:22 pm

1 - I Began back in 2006, but didn't join the site until 2007.

2 - I use MS Paint, i find the basics of the program more satisfing.

3 - When I joined this site people told me to save in PNG so the pixels would blur together.

4 - I can spend anything between 2 hours up to a week depending on insperation and mood.

5 - Anything can inspire me. Movies, TV, Music even from something i learned at school.

6 - I enjoy making realistic micros, most often Military or realisitc looking heroes.

7 - Most often i use one of the more basic temps found in the Temp archive which i then modify to fit the micro.

8 - Frankensteining micros when you start, it makes it easier to learn how the work with the micro. Don't be afraid to ask one of the more senior creators for help, I often share my micros in a PM with another creator to get his suggestions on it before posting it.

9 - There are several, Burningbird, Alex, Devon_Farmer to name a few.

10 - My own hero, Warrior
As you build micros? Warrior-V14
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Male
Scorpio Snake
Image Software : MS paint
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:07 pm

1. Started in 2004
2. MS Paint
3. Usually save as a transparant .GIF
4. Time spent on a micro varies hugely, depending on what im making, but on a normal sized micro, I'd say about 3 hours
5. Pretty much anything inspires me, i have micros from all sorts of different sources
6. I guess I enjoy making video game characters the most, since they tend to have the most interesting designs imo
7. I create my own bases
8. DONT RUSH! take your time on micros, edit the temps you use, practise shading, etc.
9. FearEmbodied, Fudge, and Able are my 3 favourite who I've gained the most influence from
10. My favourite changes quite often, but I was always very happy with how this one turned out
As you build micros? Alx-davyjones

****DO NOT TAKE/MOD ANY PARTS OF MY MICROS****
Back to top Go down
http://alexmicroheroes.deviantart.com/
Omnis Ra

Omnis Ra

Male
Sagittarius Goat
Image Software : MS PAINT
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

1 - I started in 2002 but really got into creating in 2004-2005
2 - MSPaint
3 - PNG
4 - There are those that take only a day creating but some of my creations takes weeks
5 - Sometimes I get inspired when I do web searches
6 - personal creations
7 - I use a person template I modifide from various creators
8 - Always ask questions to a more older member or someone who's art you like
9 - Emmissary, Daisukemousey, Atlas, Strider, Sever
10 - I don't really have personal favorite, but I like the ones I do for my personal universe
Back to top Go down
Haydn

Haydn

Male
Pisces Pig
Image Software : MS Paint, Paint.NET
Registration date : 2010-04-25

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:33 pm

1 - I started editing micros on 22nd April 2006. I can remember because I was watching Doctor Whos 'Tooth and Claw' episode Smile
2 - MS Paint but erase the background using Paint.Net
3 - PNG files
4 - Normally about 3/4 hours. BUt can take up to 1 day depending on the sixe of the micro
5 - Anything at all. TV, Movies, Comics, Music etc..
6 - X-Men, St. Trinians or my own designs
7 - My own base
8 - Take time. It my looked rushed at first but that's how we all started out. Try not to use others parts, but if you do ask permission first
9 - Necroleaf, Di Vinci, Fallen Angel, Thetrappedartist, Kat, Zedox, Anth, Alex, Lomeli, IceMaiden, Witch
10 - Probably my Pixie because I practically made everything myself, including the wings

As you build micros? Pixie-3
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Spider
Ghost_Spider

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : Aseprite
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:13 pm

1 - I started about 2007.
2 - I use MS Paint for general creation, and Photoshop or Photofiltre for effects/transparency.
3 - I save them in PNG files.
4 - Depends a lot, but usually 3-5 hours.
5 - Usually when I play videogames, or watch movies, or listen to music that remind me of a certain character, or some kind of story. When I'm not on the mood for microing I just keep playing around, making simple stuff like clothes or faces.
6 - I specially love to micro videogame and movie characters. Until some time ago I didn't really enoy creating DC and Marvel heroes, because there's just a lot of them around already.
7 - I use my own bases.
8 - Take your time, don't rush. Zoom-in other's works and study how they draw basic parts, like muscles, eyes, noses, clothing, metallic stuff. And well, if the micro looks good for you, that's all that matters. I honestly hate constructive criticism.
9 - I took a lot of inspiration on IceMan, Devon_Farmer, Alex, Strider and TXF. My favorite creators nowadays should be BAILEY2088, Zedox, MicroManEd, Fireaver and Alex.
10 - Okay, NOW we have a problem here. Razz
Let's see:
As you build micros? ViewtifuljoeAs you build micros? DeviljinAs you build micros? AzuredragonAs you build micros? WolviesniktAs you build micros? Bardock-GS-ANI(animated by DigClaw)As you build micros? SamuraijackAs you build micros? Thegrinchghostspider

But one I'm still really proud of until nowadays would be Spectacular Venom:
As you build micros? Venoml

As you build micros? DG8K4HSAs you build micros? 4xp04zDAs you build micros? GKEgDYEAs you build micros? Nxa02gqAs you build micros? EsMB5V3As you build micros? RIPRP4CAs you build micros? Nesd9yYAs you build micros? N6QKswuAs you build micros? 47431421_2170244729653250_1722849813516517376_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

My stuff is free for use, credit would be nice, just don't claim them as your own.
My Temp
[03:24:06] * Ghost_Spider turns to lil pengy and dances pengy dance.
[03:25:00] Razor Infinity : this is a real kodak moment.
Back to top Go down
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Tail end of 2002.

MS Paint. Love it for it's simplicity. I figure if I need some fancy effects, I could always ask another, more talented creator.

.bmp is my choice. I use the irfanview application to convert to transparent .gif before loading them to my photobucket account.

Depends on the complexity of the micro itself. Some about 30 minutes, others have taken me a week to do.

Most media influences what I create, ranging from music, to movies, to comics. Mostly I micro what tickles my fancy. Wink

I LOVE making the AV's of members here. Kind of known for doing them. Wink My comic favorites are DC Characters.

Mine is an amalgam of Robert Bradley, Troy Corwin, and Dave O'Millet.

Practice, practice, practice. Then practice some more. "Frankensteining" is a great technique for new creators to get them started. We have a HUGE assortment of templates for the new user to choose from, plus it helps you get yourself accustomed to making them. I also HIGHLY recommend talking / messaging some of our more talented creators for tips and advice. I like to think they will help you along so that you can become your own accomplished micro creator.

MANY. lol Mostly Robert Bradley, Troy Corwin, Dave O'Millet to name my biggest influences.

As you build micros? YT1210a-MFD As you build micros? YT1210b-MFD

YT-1210 Dorsal View, YT-1210 Port View. These took me a full 2 weeks to create, and I did them all on my own. Something of a proud moment for me. Smile

As you build micros? Ragxxi29As you build micros? Fastes10As you build micros? Rag_xx21As you build micros? Em_s_f10As you build micros? I_vote11As you build micros? Emi10As you build micros? Em_zps05e308ce As you build micros? Kat-my13

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/m4ttne55
Koosh
Jr. Mods
Jr. Mods
Koosh

Male
Libra Buffalo
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:03 pm

1 - I started in 2003

2 - Mostly MS Paint, sometimes Photoshop CS5/

3 - GIF

4 - About 1-3 hours average.

5 - I enjoy making micros that are visually interesting whether it be in design or color scheme. I create characters from from both my childhood and my current interests. I'm mostly known for classic wrestlers from the 80's and 90's but I have also made characters from Star Wars, Marvel, music, movies, & T.V.

6 - Wrestlers

7 - I use a modified template that I started using years ago.

8 - Create what you're passionate about. Don't make it competition with other creators, micros that are made for your own enjoyment are the most satisfying.

9 - To name a few, Alex, Emissary, FearEmbodied, Fudge, Iceman, Joffre Roda, Robert Bradley, Sever, Strider, TXF.

10 - My own character because it was the most fun to make.

As you build micros? AnimatedAvatar3
Back to top Go down
Corpse Army

Corpse Army

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : paint,photoshop
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:22 am

i started in 2005 but didn't start to post on forum until 2007

i use ms paint and Photoshop for small effects

i save them with transparent back ground so mostly gif unless it a group shot i use png

5 hour stops depends on what im making

i started when i found a website called wicket harely and i started to make stuff from there

i love doing the uncommon basically the stuff i really dont see people try

i used to use the fresh and new template out there but now i use my own

dont let anyone bring your work down listen to thing you feel is important

my newest stuff it a mis of Fallen angel Alex ghost and drake and the latest stuff abel

10 - In your opinion, what is your best creation

when posting started(2shades)
As you build micros? 300xj3

3 shades
As you build micros? Dr_mut11

4 shade own outlines
As you build micros? Donkeykong

Drake style
Minda true form twilight princess
As you build micros? Minda10

abel style
Daft Punk
As you build micros? Daftpu11

Back to top Go down
Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy

Male
Aquarius Cat
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:13 am

1 - Started in 2009
2 - Photoshop SC3 and SC5
3 - GIF or JPG, depends on the objective
4 - Sometimes a micro goes fast and looks great, but sometimes I get days and still not good, but spent on average 4 to 6 hours.
5 - The medieval world is my inspiration, books, comics, games, movies, RPG, etc ... As my name says, I love fantasy.
6 - I've done some super heroes and computers of people, but the universe is really like D & D (Dungeons and Dragons), but I wont go through phases of inspiration.
7 - In the beginning I collected many bases in the sites and kept on file, changed the most as I wanted to stay, even today know more about those who were the originals. I am not creating bases, but usually modify those that use.
8 - Do what you like, so the work flows more naturally. Note volume, shadows and proportions, and work with them. There are many people doing wonderful works to inspire him and motivate him.
9 - The small space would be to name all and some do not remember the name, but Dax, Rat, Blanchett, Kat, Spaz, Iceman, among others.
10 - Do not know if they are my best work, but it certainly gave me much pleasure in making them.

[url=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By belleze
[url=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By
belleze
Back to top Go down
dd1985

dd1985

Male
Taurus Buffalo
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 1:06 am

-I think early 2012 is when I started, I don't recall.

-Microsoft Paint XP; I don't like Windows 7 Paint.

-PNG; I hear it gets best results

-Depending on availability of templates. If I have to make my own, about a few days.

-It depends on what I'm interested in or feel like doing at a certain time of leisure.

-I like doing video game ones the most.

-I use any available templates as a base, usually ones from Wicket Harley

-Be patient, pay attention to detail, and always check them over to make sure you like them.

-I like looking at Yorel's micros, but I highly regard the works of the veterans of this site, like Emissary, Ghost Spider, Kat, thetrappedartist, MrsGrizzley, Kdoku, Koosh, etc.

-So far my best one has to be Johnny Gat from Saints Row: The Third, primarily because of how his jacket turned out. Want to see it? Check out my gallery!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As you build micros?   As you build micros? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As you build micros?
Page 1 of 1