Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5

Go down 
+22
MicroManED
dannysmicros
azrael
ION
Sir Uriel
croc5
undeadjedi
Undefined
Lomeli
Mr. Fantasy
The Broken
Kgoku
Necroleaf
Hudson Almeida
undeadpool
Orkie
Emissary
Joebleau
BAILEY2088
Omnis Ra
Spaz
lightningprs
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lightningprs

lightningprs

Aquarius Dog
Registration date : 2011-10-28

LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Hey guys. Though I'm new to the board, I hope to hit the ground running strong! Inspiration hit me during this past year thanks to DC's New 52 reboot and, being unhappy with a number of the costume designs, set about redesigning them myself to my liking. With Superman being my all time favorite character, I went with his family first!

Of course, where to start but with the Man of Steel himself. Unlike the New 52 costume, I stayed largely traditional with Superman, though taking the new belt as seen in the "Smallville Season 11" comic combined with the seam lines similar to the ones in the "Man of Steel" movie costume (the flannel shirt "getting the Dailey Planet job" micros).

Superman
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Superman_PRS-1

Next comes Clark Kent, also with some inspiration from some of the Clark "Man of Steel" set pics.
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Clark1_PRS-1 LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Clark2_PRS-1 LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Clark3_PRS-1 LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Clark4_PRS-1 LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Clark5_PRSLightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Clark6_PRS-1 LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Clark7_PRS-1LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Clark8_PRS

Lois Lane
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Lois1_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Lois2_PRS
Smallville style
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Lois3_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Lois4_PRS
Comics Style
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Lois5_PRS
Casual

Jimmy Olsen, primarily inspired by the version from "Superman Returns"
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Jimmy1_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Jimmy2_PRS

Lana Lang

LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Lana_PRS

Perry White
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Perry1_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Perry2_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Perry3_PRS

Fellow Metropolis Super Hero, The Guardian
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Guardian1_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Guardian2_PRS

Last edited by lightningprs on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
lightningprs

lightningprs

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Now, the Superman Villians   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Now, Superman's Villains, my way!

Lex Luthor
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Lex1_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Lex2_PRS
These two were inspired by Luthor's depiction by Kevin Spacey in "Superman Returns"

LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Lex3_PRS
This one inspired by Luthor's "Smallville" look

Brainiac, which is just a slight redesign of his Pre-Flashpoint look
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Brainiac_PRS

Metallo
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Metallo_PRS
Here I tried to combine his Pre-Crisis color scheme with the Post-Crisis Terminator design

Mister Mxyzptlk
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Mxy1_PRSLightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Mxy2_PRS-6
Here, I attempted to meld Mxy's Golden Age business suit look with his Silver Age gold and purple costume, with the face of the "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" Mxy

The Parasite
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Parasite_PRS
Again, tried to combine elements of his Pre-Crisis look (the green in the costume) with his "Superman: the Animated Series" look

The Toyman
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Toyman1_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Toyman2_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Toyman3_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Toyman4_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Toyman5_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Toyman6_PRS-3
These are just a few variations of the Toyman, all modern updates of his Silver/Bronze Age looks

LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 ToymanRobot_PRS
Here we have what was the "Superman: The Animated Series" Toyman. Just like the comic books did, this version could be used by the real Toyman as a decoy robot.

Finally we have Bizarro
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Bizarro2_PRS-2 LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Bizarro1_PRS-2
Slight differences in the colors between the two. Based this look more on Bizarro as a Frankenstein's Monster instead of the traditional goofy Silver Age depiction

Conduit
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Conduit_PRS-1
One of my favorite Post-Crisis villains, regardless of the lack of love he gets!

Last edited by lightningprs on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Very nice work on these! I'll definitely be checking this thread.
The only thing that kinda creeps me out is the button-down front of Lois' dress....

Back to top Go down
Omnis Ra

Omnis Ra

Male
Sagittarius Goat
Image Software : MS PAINT
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 1:11 am

Some of your work don't show. All I see are red x's for some.
Back to top Go down
BAILEY2088

BAILEY2088

Male
Aries Dragon
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:18 am

great work on these, love it when people show some love for the classic Supes suit
Back to top Go down
http://bailey2088.deviantart.com/ Online
lightningprs

lightningprs

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:03 am

BAILEY2088 wrote:
great work on these, love it when people show some love for the classic Supes suit

And love the classic suit I do! and despite liking the New 52 Superman books (and generally liking most of the stories coming out of the entire DCnU), I will never like the New 52, Smallville Season 11, or Earth 2 costumes as much as I LOVE the REAL, CLASSIC Superman costume.
Back to top Go down
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster
Registration date : 2006-11-06

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:24 am

nice work here bravo
Back to top Go down
http://marvel-microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel-Microheroes_Wiki
BAILEY2088

BAILEY2088

Male
Aries Dragon
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:40 am

lightningprs wrote:
BAILEY2088 wrote:

And love the classic suit I do! and despite liking the New 52 Superman books (and generally liking most of the stories coming out of the entire DCnU), I will never like the New 52, Smallville Season 11, or Earth 2 costumes as much as I LOVE the REAL, CLASSIC Superman costume.

Agreed, the classic is a classic for a reason. As much as I can appreciate both the S11 Smallville suit and the DCnU Suit from an artistic prespective they dont scream Superman. I think they basically got it spot on, describing the iconography of a suit and person, in the Avengers when Steve and Coulson were talking. " Steve Rogers: The uniform? Aren't the stars and stripes a little... old fashioned? Agent Phil Coulson: With everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old fashioned."

Superman is an old fashioned kind of guy, he still believes in the things that he was grown up on which was the American dream, he grew up in a small town on small town virtues. In the comics he has been shown to tell jokes that even Jay Garrick think are old. Its who he is, he doesnt need to be updated to fit into todays society. We should be the ones trying to fit in with him. And thats the point of Superman. He's there to inspire us to be better, in any and every way that is possible.
Back to top Go down
http://bailey2088.deviantart.com/ Online
Omnis Ra

Omnis Ra

Male
Sagittarius Goat
Image Software : MS PAINT

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:18 am

You have some great peices here.
Back to top Go down
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:26 am

Fantastic work. I look forward to seeing more from you.

LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Ragxxi29LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Fastes10LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Rag_xx21LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Em_s_f10LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 I_vote11LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Emi10LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Em_zps05e308ce LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Kat-my13

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/m4ttne55
lightningprs

lightningprs

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: The Prankster   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 7:31 am

The Prankster
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Prankster LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Prankster2_PRS
This is based on the newer Prankster from around 99/2000-ish with a few small touches to make him a bit closer to Heath Ledger's Joker suit.

Last edited by lightningprs on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orkie

Orkie

Male
Pisces Rat
Image Software : Paint.net
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:03 am

Amazing designs !! Really cool
Back to top Go down
http://orkiesmicroworld.npage.de/
undeadpool

undeadpool

Male
Sagittarius Pig
Image Software : MS paint
Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:46 am

wow really great job on these, ive been having a superman kick too lately Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hudson Almeida

Hudson Almeida

Male
Aries Dog
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Good work!
Back to top Go down
Necroleaf

Necroleaf

Male
Gemini Snake
Registration date : 2006-12-21

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Very good start man
i like your versions of the Superman universe
looking forward to seeing more from you!
Back to top Go down
http://obscurasolis.wordpress.com/
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:36 am

Oh wow what a super impressive gallery, they all look so amazing.
Back to top Go down
The Broken

The Broken

Male
Virgo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:49 am

Fantastic work well done
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy

Male
Aquarius Cat
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Fantastic your work with Superman, your friends and enemies. I loved your colors and the shades, always correct. Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Lomeli

Lomeli

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : mtPaint
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Definitely off to an impressive start. I look forward to seeing more from you.
Back to top Go down
http://ultimatelomeli.deviantart.com/
lightningprs

lightningprs

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Steel   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 6:18 am

I was asked to do this one, so here is is.

Steel
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 A2387e87 LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 6831b9e6 LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 D60a696c

The changes I made here were to really tie the Steel costume to the Superman costume, with the 'V' notch boots, the same belt as my earlier design, and some additional red in the armor. Let me know if the gray on dark gray or blue on gray works better!
Back to top Go down
Undefined

Undefined

Male
Virgo Pig
Image Software : Paint
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Cool stuff you have here Smile

Any chance of seeing Vindicator or Doomsday?
Back to top Go down
lightningprs

lightningprs

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Undefined wrote:
Cool stuff you have here Smile

Any chance of seeing Vindicator or Doomsday?

I do have an old micro of Doomsday that I did years ago on that was posted to the old Lilguys Yahoo Group (and is still on the Comic Heroes website-http://www.comicheroes.co.uk/microheroes29e.htm-mine is the Doomsday with the cape). Actually, I think it was thru that site where DC discovered my micro hero redesign of the Cyborg Superman and, well, borrowed it for the actual comic book redesign. And yes, I have proof of this I can post at some point. Not really familiar with Vindicator, thou.
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:32 am

Steel is so impressive, really dig his design.
Back to top Go down
lightningprs

lightningprs

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Doomsday   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Now comes...the Killer of the Man of Steel!

DOOMSDAY!!
LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Doomsday1_PRS

This is the classic Doomsday design. At some point I will probably try my hand at the full-suited Doomsday.

Lord Doomsday/Lord Ultimas

LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 LordDoomsday1_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 LordDoomsday2_PRS LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 LordDoomsday4_PRSLightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 LordDoomsday3_PRS

This is a revamp I came up with a few years ago for Doomsday that would place him at a level closer to Darkseid or Mongul. Lord Ultimas (based on his name on Apokolips: The Ultimate). Present-day Doomsday is on another rampage and, through some means, gets sent to the far past and lives another few thousand millennia, using his power of regeneration and becoming more and more powerful and intelligent, making him as much of a threat as Darkseid. Maybe more of a threat! Let me know which looks better, with or without hair.
Back to top Go down
Undefined

Undefined

Male
Virgo Pig
Image Software : Paint
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:48 pm

Cool idea, I like the one with hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5   LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LightningPRS Gallery..Superman: The Movie...Page 5
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next