Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13

Go down 
+45
Aarel
Sasso
Wolf
Zedox
IronHulk
waynev1
Daisuke
Mowzer
Tranquility
Strider
The Monster
Kicker
Fudge
Kagemusha
Konpakku, The Dark Hero
Devon_Farmer
txf
RayneKirby
Koosh
MightyLeatherface
TheDenDen
Escape The Fate
Calvin
The Broken
Anth
Jod
Drake
vodnicek
The Dark Knight
Kgoku
ourania
JoRoy
Dax
Burningbird
Iceman
Razor Infinity
Spector
Sir Uriel
Dragonfist
ZERO
Robbie
Corpse Army
Bub
Patrick O'Leary
Abel
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Spector

Spector

Male
Aries Snake
Image Software : Student
Registration date : 2006-12-02

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 2:07 am

Those Batman\Robin poses are fantastic. Where do they come from? Do you draw them by hand?
Back to top Go down
JoRoy

JoRoy

Male
Sagittarius Monkey
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 2:08 am

I've always wondered, what exactly is Mugen? I know its some kinda fighting game, I think...

Nice work on the sprites. I like how the cape folds on Batsy.
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:05 am

These sprites so rock.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Male
Aries Tiger
Registration date : 2007-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:17 am

Abel wrote:
Ourania - Thanks. It's not too tough once you get used to it. Just takes time and some good reference material.

Here are a few animated gifs I did for Mugen.

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Batmanem1
This is the idle stance for a Batman character I'm working on for the Mugen fighting engine.

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Abelrobinwip2dj4
This is a Robin Victory stance I had started, but eventually abandoned.

And here are a few unfinished Sprite Sheets. Robin has been abandoned. But Batman is still a WIP.

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Abelsample001in7
As you can see, I never got around to finishing the cape. And though I think it's a decent edit, I abandoned the project because no matter what I did, he still looked like Spiderman to me.

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Abelbatmandashsv3
This one I liked much more. It felt more individual to me. I have another segment panel of Batman around here somewhere that I'll upload later.

I'm currently taking a break from this project. Though, I do intend to finish the project when I feel more "Spritey". Up next is Tenel Ka.

INCREDIBLE! Great job, I tried Mugen once but I couldnt get it to work, I think its because of Vista.
Back to top Go down
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:24 am

Mugen is a fighting game you can personalise.

I never understood how it works, but I know a lot of people like to sprite and do their own characters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUGEN

Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
vodnicek

vodnicek

Male
Pisces Rooster
Image Software : driver
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:30 am

...wow...great Bat + Robin sprites...
Back to top Go down
http://www.volny.cz/vodnicek
Robbie

Robbie

Male
Aries Pig
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 4:16 am

Nice lol im editing some sprites right now
Back to top Go down
Abel

Abel

Male
Scorpio Rat
Registration date : 2006-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:35 am

Spector wrote:
Those Batman\Robin poses are fantastic. Where do they come from? Do you draw them by hand?

That's one method, yes. It's a bit of a longer process. But if you do it right, the end results are much better.

These are just edit's though. Which is to say that I took existing commercial sprites and heavily altered them to look the way they look now.

Thanks everybody.
Here's another NJO character I've wanted to see microed for a while.

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Abel_TenelKa
Tenel Ka Djo -

Tenel Ka Djo was a Human Jedi Knight and the daughter of Prince Isolder, Chume'da of the Hapes Consortium, and the Dathomiri witch Teneniel Djo. Although she was the heir of the Hapes Consortium, she preferred the traditions and customs of her mother's people over those of her father's, which angered some Hapans, including her grandmother, Ta'a Chume, and preferred not to be addressed by her full name, Tenel Ka Chume Ta' Djo. Tenel Ka joined Luke Skywalker's Jedi academy when she was fourteen, and became close friends with Jacen and Jaina Solo, Lowbacca, Raynar Thul, and Zekk.

In the Yuuzhan Vong war, Tenel Ka was part of Myrkr strike team to destroy the Jedi hunting voxyn queen. She survived the mission, and later became Queen Mother of Hapes against her personal wishes. During the Killik crisis in 36 ABY, she gave birth to Jacen Solo's daughter, Allana, and resigned from the New Jedi Order. In 40 ABY, Tenel Ka and Allana were marked for death by their own people. When Jacen turned to the dark side, he vowed never to kill Tenel Ka or Allana, despite his Sith mentor Lumiya's arguments. During the Battle of Kashyyyk, she turned against Jacen, horrified by his actions. This caused Jacen to value Allana's life far more than Tenel Ka's to the point Jacen was prepared to kill Tenel Ka if she attempted to keep Allana from him.
Back to top Go down
Sir Uriel

Sir Uriel

Male
Leo Rat
Image Software : Paint.Net

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:40 am

looking steller just like all the rest of your works keep these great micros rolling abel loving your stylings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:15 am

you know, I could never figure out how to get MUGEN, let alone how to get it to work lol never the less, they look good Very Happy

I love all of these new micros you're making. The cloth looks very nice and the faces are (as usual) quite amazing. On this one, I particularly like the hair.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfist

Dragonfist

Male
Libra Buffalo
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Another terrific micro, Abel.
Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:08 pm

all three of them are amzing..isee the spidey base in oyur robin but beside this it totaly ROCKS::....and i cant guees who you bases batman on...

and to speak of your new jedi..LOVLY
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Abel

Abel

Male
Scorpio Rat
Registration date : 2006-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:30 am

Thanks for the comments folks. And if you're wondering, Batman's original base is Cable from MVC2.

Here's another New Jedi Order character.

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Abel_Lowbacca

Lowbacca or "Lowie" was a Wookiee Jedi Knight during the Yuuzhan Vong War. He was the nephew of Chewbacca, the son of Kallabow and Mahraccor, and the brother of Sirrakuk. He studied at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Praxeum and was a companion of Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo and Tenel Ka. He wielded a bronze-bladed lightsaber.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonfist

Dragonfist

Male
Libra Buffalo
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:33 am

Awesome job on Lowbacca. The fur looks marvelous.
Back to top Go down
Robbie

Robbie

Male
Aries Pig
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:57 am

awesome like all the hair
Back to top Go down
Spector

Spector

Male
Aries Snake
Image Software : Student

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 8:06 am

The way you're able to make these resemble the actual characters is incredible. Bravo Abel, bravo.
Back to top Go down
Sir Uriel

Sir Uriel

Male
Leo Rat
Image Software : Paint.Net

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 8:50 am

that lowbacca is downright incredible keep up the great work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:30 pm

dear god Abel, that's fantastic lol
Back to top Go down
Drake

Drake

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:40 pm

Can't believe i haven't posted sooner, amazing work! These are amazing, i can't wait to see more and, welcome back man, it's good to see you again! ='D
Back to top Go down
Jod

Jod

Male
Scorpio Dog
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:23 pm

awesome work on the Star War micro
Back to top Go down
http://z11.invisionfree.com/TheInitiative/index.php?
Iceman
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Iceman

Male
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:28 pm

Beautiful Abel.
As meticolous as always in each little detail, and a superb master work in the all set.
Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:17 pm

that is just supreme wonderful
here a pic from the books...compared to yours JUST AMAZING
Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Lowie-myrk
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Patrick O'Leary

Patrick O'Leary

Male
Taurus Rooster
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:12 pm

OMFG!!!
YOU ROCK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, ABEL!
I LOVE YOUR MICROS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Anth

Male
Cancer Monkey
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 9:04 pm

your micro work is just purel magnificent as are the sprites
Back to top Go down
JoRoy

JoRoy

Male
Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Sigh... Your a pixel god. Your new style, your old Ala Ross you did with seven microes, your sprites, even your old microes are just works of art. You should work on 2d games, man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next