Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13

Go down 
+45
Aarel
Sasso
Wolf
Zedox
IronHulk
waynev1
Daisuke
Mowzer
Tranquility
Strider
The Monster
Kicker
Fudge
Kagemusha
Konpakku, The Dark Hero
Devon_Farmer
txf
RayneKirby
Koosh
MightyLeatherface
TheDenDen
Escape The Fate
Calvin
The Broken
Anth
Jod
Drake
vodnicek
The Dark Knight
Kgoku
ourania
JoRoy
Dax
Burningbird
Iceman
Razor Infinity
Spector
Sir Uriel
Dragonfist
ZERO
Robbie
Corpse Army
Bub
Patrick O'Leary
Abel
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Abel

Abel

Male
Scorpio Rat
Registration date : 2006-12-29

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:17 am

Iceman - lol! You nailed it. I am quite obsessive over the details.

BurningBird - That's a great picture. I was initially going to use that as the sole reference until I got a look at the red undertone. Instead, I chose this picture.
Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Lowbaccayoungjedi
This was great for his face and a general tone for his colors. I just bulked him up to make him look older. I used a different picture to tell where his fur colors change.

JoRoy - Thanks a lot man. I didn't really evolve much as a micro maker until I started studying Fudge. His attention to detail inspired me to take it a step forward.

Thanks for the great comments everybody. My next project is Master Skywalker NJO and post era.
Back to top Go down
The Broken

The Broken

Male
Virgo Dragon
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:36 am

How does he do it making the impossible seem so . . . . well possible for need of a better word really amazing micro their Abel well done
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:55 am

OMG Lowbacca so freaking rocks.
Back to top Go down
Abel

Abel

Male
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:52 am

lol thanks fella's. Smile

Here's my attempt at Luke Skywalker as he appears at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong war.
Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Abel_LukeNJO
Master Luke
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:02 am

S*** man that some f***ing detail.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfist

Dragonfist

Male
Libra Buffalo
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Wonderful Luke, the facial detail is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:34 pm

compared to the film he looks wonderful...
compared to reference pics from the war he looks f**king supreme
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
ZERO

ZERO

Male
Pisces Goat
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:25 pm

dude. I mean like dude!! bravo
Back to top Go down
Spector

Spector

Male
Aries Snake
Image Software : Student
Registration date : 2006-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:29 am

Awesome looking. The face seems to be leaning a little, but other then that an excellent looking addition.
Back to top Go down
Bub

Bub

Male
Libra Pig
Image Software : MS Paint XP
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:53 am

it actually looks like Mark Hamill, too
Back to top Go down
Calvin

Calvin

Male
Scorpio Dog
Image Software : Former Astronaut
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:25 am

Wow! Dude, I love your stuff, man! The detail and everything! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robbie

Robbie

Male
Aries Pig
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:59 am

thats so kwl very detailed cant wait for ur next masterpiece
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:02 am

First let me say I think your very talented. However there is no way that you only work in ms paint, if u save your microes and take them into ps you can tell there are layers and on top of that effects. Seperately when you probably take what you have done in ps or psp back into ms paint and save it, it pixelates the micro. if you take a look at your microes since your batman begins micro, they are all pixelated. There is no doubt that you are a great digital artist your adaptation of a micro is awesome. I just think that if you admited that you might use other programs however slightly it would add more credence to your work. I do not mean for this to be a personal attack or anything like that. Once again I REALLY DO like your work. Please don't find a need to try to prove yourself or anything like it and answer back. This is meant as just a statement of opinion not as an opening to a discussion or argument. In conclusion, keep your version of microheroes coming as all of us do enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
Escape The Fate

Escape The Fate

Male
Virgo Goat
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:16 am

Wow Lowbacca looks great! and Luke looks awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Sir Uriel

Sir Uriel

Male
Leo Rat
Image Software : Paint.Net

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:37 am

superior work on luke keep it up
Back to top Go down
Abel

Abel

Male
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:40 am

Atlas - Hey man, if you don't believe that I do in fact use only ms paint for my micro's, whatever. I don't need you to believe me. I have the hours of work I put into each micro as proof enough to myself. You obviously can't possibly imagine that someone has the skill that I in fact DO have. I know you say you're not trying to insult me, but it's the highest insult to me when someone accuses me of not only using Photoshop on my micro's (Which is cheating if you ask me) but then lying about it to the entire micro community. If you want to know why I have imperfections in some of my micro's, I don't exactly know. It could be any number of things. I use the colors and shades directly out of the reference pics I choose. Which can sometimes lead to the inclusion of somewhat out of place pixels. I also initially save them as .png in ms paint before converting them to gifs using jrfan view. Sometimes, this causes a little image degredation when the project is very detailed. As well, I often host my images photobucket, which is notorious for causing pixel alterations upon uploading in small areas. You can't possibly think that by posting something like this that you're not causing trouble. I know why you posted this too. You feel so intimidated by me for some reason, that you've come to the conclusion that I couldn't possibly be telling the truth. I mean, is it so hard to believe that someone that you've never met could possibly do what I do in MS Paint?
Now, let me be clear. I DO use photoshop on my comic style images, Timm and Evo style. But I DO NOT use photoshop or anything more than ms paint on my micro's.

Frankly, I'm pissed that I would even have to defend myself in this area. Think about it this way, you make some micro's that take you a while to do. They look almost like photos. You're very proud of them. Then, some person claims that you didn't actually put the amount of work in that you did. Instead, they claim that you used a different program to cut corners. Would that not piss you off to no end?

Look buddy, just because you don't have as much skill as me in this area, doesn't mean you have the right to try to cut my efforts in half with your slander. I put hours of work into each micro I make. And it's messed up that you would actually try to devalue my work by making such claims. I do make them pixel by pixel. And if you don't believe me, that's fine. Thanks for making me waste time and patience replying to your false accusations though.

Sir Engel & Escape The Fate - Thanks guys. I appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
TheDenDen
Administrator
Administrator
TheDenDen

Male
Aries Rooster
Image Software : Paintshop Pro, Animation Shop
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:44 am

Guys, if you are going to question the way people do their micros. PLEASE keep it to PM. We don't need negative comments/questions/whatever in their threads. Respect their threads as you would want YOUR thread respected.

Abel

Male
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 3:46 pm

Update- I've just completed my new avatar. I modeled the face after my favorite actor, Johnny Depp. I was sick of the white face, so I went more realistic with my design. I kept the overall outfit the same, I just cleaned it up a bit.
Here's my old avatar.
Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Abel_av1-2

And here's the new one.
Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Abel_Avatar01

EDIT: Thanks to spector for pointing out the mistake I made with my Luke micro. I didn't notice it at first, but the face was leaning a bit. Here's the redone version of Luke. I just tweaked his face to even it out.
Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Abel_LukeNJO01
Back to top Go down
MightyLeatherface
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
MightyLeatherface

Male
Aquarius Horse
Image Software : Gimp
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Nice new avy buddy !
Back to top Go down
http://mightyleatherface.deviantart.com/
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:01 pm

nice new avatar

and nice redon of luke
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Dragonfist

Dragonfist

Male
Libra Buffalo
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Awesome new avatar.
Back to top Go down
Koosh
Jr. Mods
Jr. Mods
Koosh

Male
Libra Buffalo
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Great job on your new avatar. And Luke does look better now.
Back to top Go down
Spector

Spector

Male
Aries Snake
Image Software : Student

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:07 pm

Yeah, I can definitely see an improvement with Luke. You new av is awesome, BTW.
Back to top Go down
Sir Uriel

Sir Uriel

Male
Leo Rat
Image Software : Paint.Net

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:05 pm

incredible work as always abel keep it coming
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:07 pm

Great avatar, and awesome new version of Luke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13   Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abel's Updates - Kgoku - Pg 13
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next