Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

General DC Reboot thread

Go down 
+16
Kgoku
Quester
Joebleau
Mowzer
croc5
Baragon
darksteelblonde
The Broken
Daisuke
Zarus
Bub
Dr. Microstein
Zedox
Emissary
undeadpool011
Omnis Ra
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:34 am

I want to know is where is Huntress?, is she still a member of the Bird of Prey?, does she have any tie with batman or nightwing ?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Microstein

Dr. Microstein

Male
Sagittarius Pig
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:35 am

Good News! Razz

October means MINI-SERIES!!! $$$

THE HUNTRESS #1 (OF 6)

Storyline will tie into upcoming events in BIRDS OF PREY!

On Sale October 5, 2011 - $2.99

PENGUIN: PAIN AND PREJUDICE #1 (OF 5)

Origin of how and why Oswald Cobblepott became the infamous Penguin.

On Sale October 5, 2011 - $2.99

MY GREATEST ADVENTURE #1 (OF 6)

The adventures of Garbage Man and Tanga from WEIRD WORLDS continue – along with Robotman.

On Sale October 12, 2011 - $3.99

THE SHADE #1 (OF 12)

The anti-hero known as The Shade… is back!

On Sale October 12, 2011 - $2.99

BATMAN: ODYSSEY #1 (OF 7)

BATMAN: ODYSSEY is back with more action and adventure than you can shake a batarang at!

On Sale October 19, 2011 - $2.99

LEGION: SECRET ORIGIN #1 (OF 6)

All new secrets will be revealed!!!

On Sale October 26, 2011 - $2.99

http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?dat=20111007

Back to top Go down
Thunder Lad

Thunder Lad

Male
Gemini Horse
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:02 am

Some of what I have seen and read I am happy with. I am happy Grifter is around. I am happy with most of the Bat family stuff. I am happy with what I have read about Wonder Woman. I dont dig most of the sexual stuff that seems to be added to some of the titles. Looking forward to seeing how Red Hood and the Outlaws is. Looking forward to seeing how Tim Drake continues to evolve. Looking forward to the Green Lantern titles and also Deathstroke. Might check out Swamp Thing.

I know its mostly about the bottom line. But I think its an awesome time to be a comic book fan.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Microstein

Dr. Microstein

Male
Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:08 pm

= RED HOODED LADY SIGHTINGS =

Continued…

Again… for those of you that haven't found her as yet... here are her hiding spots. - Not counting pages with ads on them.

BTW... sorry about the delay, but Week 3 was bad for me.

Week “3”

Batman #1– Page 1 (under old theater marquee, watching people warm themselves)
Birds of Prey #1 – Page 8 (under hotel awning… above camera lens)
Blue Beetle #1 – Page 17 (at far end of alley – left side)
Captain Atom #1 – Page 18 (lower left corner)
Catwoman #1 – Page 7 – (in bar, by drapes - upper left corner)
DC Universe Presents #1 – Page 2 (behind clown in green)
Green Lantern Corps #1 – Page 9 (at worksite, behind John Stewart’s energy construct)
Legion of Superheroes #1 – Page 7 (upper left corner – watching the goings on in mission control)
Nightwing #1 – Page 12 (right side of page – in bleachers)
Red Hood and the Outlaws #1 – Page 16 (back of loading dock area)
Supergirl #1 – Page 14 (behind battle trooper IV’s right leg)
Wonder Woman #1 – Page 17 (hiding behind tree by picnic table) – This one was a bugger to find… at least for me it was. HA!

Week “4”

All-Star Western #1 – Page 9 (behind man in tan vest that is playing cards) – “Go Fish!” HA!
Aquaman #1 – Page 12 (4th panel down – far right side, behind guy’s shoulder) – DC’s getting’ Tricky!Batman: The Dark Knight 1 – Page 14 (standing by right side of gates of Arkam Asylum)
Blackhawks #1 – Page 8 (scope out man taking photo of Blackhawks logo with… iphone/ipad[?])
Flash #1 – Page 12 (middle of crowd, at bottom of page)
Fury of Firestorm #1 – Page 18 (on top of building)
Green Lantern: New Guardians #1 – Page 16 (behind woman with little boy)
I, Vampire #1 – Page 11 (upper left corner – behind… pole[?]) – This one was also a bugger for me to find.
Justice League: Dark #1 – Page 11 (behind shed)
Savage Hawkman #1 – Page 16 (behind Hawkman)
Superman #1 – Page 3 (in dining hall, under Daily Planet globe)
Teen Titans #1 – Page 12 (by tree, in woods, behind supposed ‘police officer’)
Voodoo #1 – Page 8 (in dark alley)

Back to top Go down
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:11 am

Still having a very hard time getting into this "New 52" universe. I guess I am not sold on it until I know for sure it has some kind of staying power WHICH I highly doubt it will. Reluctantly there are a few titles there I am willing to try out. Cool

General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Ragxxi29General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Fastes10General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Rag_xx21General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Em_s_f10General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 I_vote11General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Emi10General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Em_zps05e308ce General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Kat-my13

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/m4ttne55
Dr. Microstein

Dr. Microstein

Male
Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:51 am

I totally get where you're comin' from Emissary, because I too have found a few of the NEW 52 that I'll at least scope out for the next few issues, while others... forget it. Mad

Fortunately for me... knowing the comic shop owners in my area really helps, becuase I can scope things out without actually having to buy much... NEW 52-wise that is.

Speaking of which... seems like all of the shop owners (along with Diamond) were caught short, because folks who've never stepped foot in a comic book shop were even comin' in askin' for the latest #1 of any NEW 52 they could get.

In fact... things got so bad that after the first full week of #1's... most of the shops would only put out 1 or 2 copies (per title) at a time, because folks were gettin' really gettin' grabby... including some of the other shop owners! affraid

Well... now that the whole "ISSUE 1" craze is over, we'll just see what actually sells... and what stinks up the shelves. HA!

BTW... I don't know about you, but I thought that last weeks books were some of the best so far. True... each week has had their share of possibilities... but I especially got a kick out of AQUAMAN aquaman LMAO... and those 'humanoids from the deep' certainly have peeked my interest too.

The real down side to this whole NEW 52, is that before FLASHPOINT... I could easily find DC comics that my friends kids and relatives kids could read, but now.... forget it. naughty

Thank goodness for Lady Death. HA!

Oh! How's your quest for the Red Hooded Lady been goin'?

Back to top Go down
Dr. Microstein

Dr. Microstein

Male
Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:59 am

READER ALERT!!!

For those of you expecting to find BATGIRL (Week 1) on the shelves this week… but instead found RED LANTERNS (Week 2), don’t fret… the higher ups at DC (in all their wisdom) decided to switch these two particular titles around – and from the looks of things – it’s fairly permanent… at least for now. HA!

Well… at least that’s all the switching of titles for October… thus far. However… just wait until ya’ll see what the freaky folks at DC have in store for us in November. All I can say is… for the love of Pete, DC... pick a freakin' release date and stick to it! GADS!!! Mad

Anywho… I’m really hoping that most of the following is just a goof-up on DCs part, but… according to their website… both Week 1 mini-series - THE HUNTRESS and PENGUIN: PAIN AND PREJUDICE will be moved to Week 2.

Then… in Week 2… both MY GREATEST ADVENTURE and THE SHADE mini-series will be moved to Week 3.

Also in Week 3… I, VAMPIRE falls back a week from its Week 4 release date.

However… since there are 5… count ‘em… “5” Weeks in November… yet another mini… or should I say “maxi” series (since there are 12 in all) is being bumped up as… dare I say… FILLER?!?!

That’s right folks… LEGION: SECRET ORIGIN will be taking the infamous Week 5 timeslot… along with the return of T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS #01 (OF 6) in order to round out the month of November!

BTW… along with all the switching of Weeks and Titles, DC will be also rolling out a few “Video Game” related titles.

I know… “Big Woop.” Rolling Eyes

I do happen to have some good news. cheers

Well… at least I hope I do. scratch

According to DCs website… as of December… all the titles… (except for BATGIRL and RED LANTERNS)… will return to their original weekly release dates.

Oh… and the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS mini-series will be included in the Week 3 releases.

Confusion… yet another name for DC. Razz HA!

http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?dat=20111107

BTW… has anyone dropped any of the NEW 52 as yet?

So far I'm figurin' on droppin at least half of the titles from Week 1.

4 are gone as of Issue #2... and 3 others have a stay of execution until next month's issue.

Oh! I did enjoy THE HUNTRESS… and I’m givin' the darker PENGUIN: PAIN AND PREJUDICE at least one more try before deciding it’s final fate.

My question is... are they part of the NEW 52... or are they part of the DCU - Pre-FLASHPOINT???

I ask because there is no "THE NEW 52" located anywhere on either cover. Shocked

BTW... did ANYONE happen to find the Red Hooded Lady in ANY of this weeks releases???

Either I completely missed her… or perhaps she too has already given up on this NEW 52. HA!

Last edited by Dr. Microstein on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STAFF
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Capricorn Goat
Registration date : 2006-11-06

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:59 am

The member 'Dr. Microstein' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D100' : 43
Back to top Go down
http://microheroes.virtuaboard.com
Dr. Microstein

Dr. Microstein

Male
Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:47 am

Well... this week begins the 3rd month of DC's NEW 52, but according to some of the comic shop owners in my area... while September sales were much higher than expected... October sales sucked.

Guess it was just "1st Issue" Madness. Razz

Oh... and while some folks I spoke with are really diggin' DC's darker tones... they've also said that they aren't too happy with some of the artwork in certain books... not to mention the direction some of the writing is going... especially with Batman: The Dark Knight.

They were also pretty ticked that the Red Hooded Lady didn't show in any of the Issue 2's.

But hey! At least DC said that she'd be back... sometime. That's one way of making sure some folks keep buying books. HA!

Anywho... I was just curious on how sales were going for your local comic book shops... and... how many... if any... of DC's NEW 52 have been dropped from YOUR weekly pull list. Sparta

Back to top Go down
Razor Infinity

Razor Infinity

Male
Libra Goat
Image Software : MS Paint and the Funk machine.
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:10 am

Red hooded lady shows up in Batman #2,
Back to top Go down
Dr. Microstein

Dr. Microstein

Male
Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:02 am

Where??? scratch
Back to top Go down
Mowzer

Mowzer

Male
Leo Dragon
Image Software : Paint
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:37 am

Just after the assassin hits the car, there's a figure in a robe standing in front of the car. Presumably that's her
Back to top Go down
winterrosa

winterrosa

Female
Libra Monkey
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:20 pm

I have to be honest, I absolutely adore the new Supergirl costume something about it is just...more...mature than a miniskirt and midriff. While I am at it, Harley Quinns costume...I don't get why she is in biker shorts...I mean...major wedgie in all sorts of horrible unmentionable places. Ouch. Its not even attractive really. Maybe I'm just old fashioned and find that sexiness is not equatable to near nakedness.

Is it me of is the Nightwing costume really looking like it was a mix of the cartoons Nightwing and Terry McGinnis Batman costume?

Generally I am liking the reboot. I loved Aquaman number 1 and Deadman. Static was awesome as well and had some nifty references to old milestone characters.
Back to top Go down
Zarus

Zarus

Male
Virgo Goat
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 9:57 am

And now they've added Wildstorm, to the mix with Fairchild being part of the group that created Superboy. Talk about a melting pot!
Back to top Go down
http://ztyran.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General DC Reboot thread   General DC Reboot thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General DC Reboot thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2