Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Disney buying Marvel Comics???

Go down 
+13
Alex
Razor Infinity
Anth
Scoped
TheDenDen
Bub
Tower
Joebleau
Squigfly
Vaendin
Devon_Farmer
Ruben
Emissary
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ruben

Ruben

Male
Libra Horse
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:46 am

I can see a marvel ride. Maybe an avengers mansion thing or x-mansion.
And they would probably have heroes walking around.

Also what are you guys talking about?!?!?
Also this Walt rolling in his grave and screaming.
He's to cold to roll!
Hahaha
Razz
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:17 am

Devon_Farmer wrote:
Ohh yeah, that's another, good-bye Marvel Island at Universal, hello one single Marvel ride containing every single character in.. Let's see... Disney Hollywood Studios.

dave wrote:
what the hell disny has the the property of marvel i am gonna ogo right to walt disney grave and beat the dirt (lol im todally joking) but that really does suck

Don't blame Walt, he's rolling in his grave still over what Disney became before owning Marvel, he's screaming: "HANANAH MONTANA!!!"

I am seriously getting tired of having to correct you dude. Universal came out the day of the deal and said that the theme park is still going to happen. Read your facts man.

I'll quote myself from what I posted in the other thread. Note that this was posted before the press conference that answered and confirmed all of what I post here:

"Judging by the public statements it seems to be edging along a Pixar-esque arrangement. I'm thinking a LPO (Limited Public Offering), where Disney will buy up a chunk of the stock to ensure market control but leave enough publicly that the brand has the fluidity in the market that its stock can fall without damaging Disney's. Conversely, that means if it rises, it doesn't really help Disney's. However, it's a sound security measure, especially when you're considering the relative size of the Disney corporation compared to Marvel. They can maximize their profits by not completely buying out the company but putting into the same position as most of their smaller assets, as a kind of satellite company.

However, that also means they're highly limited in terms of power as to creative control, managerial control, and it also means they probably have no chance at actually getting copyrights from Marvel except to maybe copyright Marvel's label and incorporated titles; that'd still mean, however, they'd actually have to buy licenses from Marvel to use most of their characters, or to have any creative control over them whatsoever.

However, if they were sincere in last quarter's report about a plan to expand into more and more mainstream venues, that seems the likely way to go; buy an already established member of X media, buy enough of it that you gain a good share of the profits, and let it run in the background.

It's how they operate companies like Miramax, Island Records, etc."

Also Pulp Fiction came out of Miramax....I must have missed the censoring in that one.

-Edit- Disney's net income in 2008 (during a recession) was $4.2 billion. Disney's total assets as of 2008 is $62.5 billion; Disney's total equity as of 2008 is $55 billion dollars. I'd say Walt Disney would be pretty happy with what "Disney has become;" and lastly, the dude wasnt buried, he was frozen.

Last edited by The_Fool on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Johnnyzoomburst

Johnnyzoomburst

Male
Aries Monkey
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:25 am

I personally think it could be a great opportunity to get Marvel Character's out there to Disney Fans. Think about it, instead of girl's loving Hannah Montana, they could love Jean Grey, or some other Female Hero. And instead of the Jonas Brother's, they could get into the Fantastic Four. It sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:29 am

Yeah Devon, how dare you have a sense of humor! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Devon_Farmer

Devon_Farmer

Male
Capricorn Horse
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:06 am

Yes, my mistake Kelly, if I could just borrow a stick, I can join in on their lifestyles.
Back to top Go down
Spyda-Man

Spyda-Man

Male
Virgo Rooster
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:13 am

well this means i wanna c marvel heroes in kingdom hearts 3 hahaha
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:37 am

Spyda-Man wrote:

Yea, thats not so far fetched really.
Back to top Go down
Ruben

Ruben

Male
Libra Horse

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:59 am

Spyda-Man wrote:
Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Razor Infinity

Razor Infinity

Male
Libra Goat
Image Software : MS Paint and the Funk machine.
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 am

Spyda-Man wrote:

Speaking of which I saw this on Comicvine.lol
Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Kh_mar11
Back to top Go down
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster
Registration date : 2006-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:49 am

The_Fool wrote:
I'd say Walt Disney would be pretty happy with what "Disney has become;" and lastly, the dude wasnt buried, he was frozen.

sorry you are both wrong he was cremated

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/Hoaxipedia/Walt_Disney_Frozen/
Back to top Go down
http://marvel-microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel-Microheroes_Wiki
Ruben

Ruben

Male
Libra Horse

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:18 am

Razor Infinity wrote:
Spyda-Man wrote:

Do want!!!!
Back to top Go down
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:00 am

LMFAO!!! LOVE IT!!!

Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Ragxxi29Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Fastes10Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Rag_xx21Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Em_s_f10Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 I_vote11Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Emi10Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Em_zps05e308ce Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Kat-my13

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/m4ttne55
Johnnyzoomburst

Johnnyzoomburst

Male
Aries Monkey
Image Software : Photoshop CS5
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:04 am

I would love to play that game! Playing as Wolverine and slashing those Heartless into literal pieces! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:07 am

Also people, the deal doesnt even go into effect until 2013.
Back to top Go down
Ruben

Ruben

Male
Libra Horse

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:21 am

The_Fool wrote:
Also people, the deal doesnt even go into effect until 2013.
oh cool, the world will be over before anything happen Razz
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 5:26 am

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/09/the-essence-of-marvel-that-lives-mainly-in-its-comic-books-will-remain-as-is/
Back to top Go down
Devon_Farmer

Devon_Farmer

Male
Capricorn Horse
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:38 am

Razor Infinity wrote:
Spyda-Man wrote:

Kingdom Hearts 3, with Marvel characters, and Team Fortress 2 levels.
Back to top Go down
Spyda-Man

Spyda-Man

Male
Virgo Rooster
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:44 pm

now thats a good looking game haa
Back to top Go down
Razor Infinity

Razor Infinity

Male
Libra Goat
Image Software : MS Paint and the Funk machine.
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:05 pm

That Keyblade's smackin' my sentry Bub!
Back to top Go down
Squigfly

Squigfly

Male
Taurus Pig
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:30 pm

ohhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney buying Marvel Comics???   Disney buying Marvel Comics??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney buying Marvel Comics???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2