Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Blue Beetles Gallery

Go down 
+37
Enzo
bizarro_liberty_legion
Vaendin
mistersuds
Kgoku
StarFlash
spencer
Eclipse
Ian
MightyLeatherface
Grendel
Kagemusha
Jod
Major Justice
Iceman
CA
aralob
vodnicek
Mudshark
Jacen Bell
Sir Uriel
Colorado Agent
Strider
Ditto
Ayoma
Fudge
cutekitty
Abel
whizzbang
twizted_micros
mythu7
Joebleau
Kid Chaos!
Felis 7
Daisuke
Anth
blue_beetle
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
blue_beetle

blue_beetle

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Registration date : 2007-01-01

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2007 11:10 pm

thank you Anth

A couple more doom patrol villains:

Agent !
Malcolm, or rather Agent !, was a homeless man who dressed in a garish outfit decorated with excalmation marks, and his chest was a cage containing a miniature jet with birdlike feet. Despite his odd appearance, he "comes as no surprise". This allows him and anyone around him to be unnoticed or any attacks made by them to be seemingly out of nowhere. He mentions his desire to find the element of surprise, which may mean that his powers of "stealth" are not what he wants. Reference comes from Doom Patrol #49.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Agent_Doom_Patrol_49_BB

reference scan: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DP49.jpg

In Morrison's final storyline, it was revealed that the Chief had caused the "accidents" which turned Cliff, Larry Trainor and Rita Farr into freaks with the express intention of creating the Doom Patrol. He then murdered Josh and unleashec nanobots into the world, hoping to create a catastrophe which would make the world a stranger and more wonderful place. However, Caulder did not anticipate being decapitated by one of Dorothy's "imaginary" beings, a malign entity called the Candlemaker. The reference is from Doom Patrol #57.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Candle_Maker_Doom_Patrol_v2_57_BB

animated:

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Candle_Maker_Animation_BB

reference scan: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DP57.jpg

okay an old Micro of mine, of Jack that i finally got around to reshading it, hopes it looks better.

old version:

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Jack_Doom_Patrol_V2_24_BB

new version:

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Jack_Doom_Patrol_V2_24_BB-1
Back to top Go down
Felis 7
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Felis 7

Male
Cancer Tiger
Image Software : IrfanView PaintDotNet
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2007 11:24 pm

impressive work again BB bravo
what about the wings/cape of Candlemaker?
Back to top Go down
http://felis.7.free.fr/
blue_beetle

blue_beetle

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 2:40 am

Felis 7 wrote:
impressive work again BB bravo
what about the wings/cape of Candlemaker?

hopefully coming in a few days, just got to take a few hours and play around with it, too make it look good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blue_beetle

blue_beetle

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 7:11 pm

couple more Doom patrol micro'

this one i am not too happy with the face with the black shading but this is how it is drawn in almost every panel in the issue, so i am stay true to the artist. another one of dorthy beings called Damn all and it popped up in Doom patrol #25.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Damn_All_Doom_Patrol_v2_25_BB

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/damnall2.jpg

and this is another one of dorthys beings also called visionary stomach, and it popped up in Doom patrol #68

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Visionary_Stomach_DP_v2_68_BB

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DP68.jpg
Back to top Go down
Fudge
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Fudge

Male
Gemini Snake
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 7:27 pm

All of these are so inventive and so original, great job. Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Anth

Male
Cancer Monkey
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 9:39 pm

Personally I like the look of Damns face how it is but your work is defantely getting more fantastic to me each time i look at it
Back to top Go down
twizted_micros

twizted_micros

Registration date : 2006-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 12:35 am

lol twizted is fun! but bro these are great (wow never really realized how the doom patrol went away from you normal bad guys) wow!
Back to top Go down
Ayoma

Ayoma

Male
Scorpio Dragon
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 3:56 am

Nice micros, strange but very good Smile
Back to top Go down
Ditto

Ditto

Male
Capricorn Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 4:08 am

Agreed ayoma:)
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/AdventureVille/
blue_beetle

blue_beetle

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 7:20 pm

just have time to do only one today.
Every day, the human body loses ten billion skin scales. Haven't you ever wondered what happens to all that dead skin? It doesn't just disappear, you know. Cult Agents collect it. They also collect all the old love letters people throw away when love turns sour. And Cult Surgeons put letters and skinflakes together. The resultant oddities are known as the dry bachelors. The Dry Bachelors made their appearance in Doom Patrol # 31.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Dry_Bachelors_DP_v2_31_BB-1

note: i need to fix one of the balloons.

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DP31.jpg

thank you for the kind words fudge, anth, twisted, ayoma and Ditto.
Back to top Go down
mythu7

mythu7

Male
Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 8:03 pm

Have to say that Doom Patrol must of been one weird comic, Love these Micros!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mythu7/
Felis 7
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Felis 7

Male
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 8:36 pm

so weird characters affraid but so good micros bravo
Back to top Go down
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Anth

Male
Cancer Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 11:45 pm

You really do compliment the characters really good, well done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blue_beetle

blue_beetle

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 5:31 am

thank you all for the kind words Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Strider

Male
Scorpio Pig
Image Software : MS Paint

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 5:12 pm

Amazing micros! Love them all! This gallery is definitely, one of my favorites!bravo cheers
Back to top Go down
blue_beetle

blue_beetle

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 1:30 am

The Hoodsmen were really hard for me to do, i hope they look decent.

Hoodman Blind: Giggling, annoying but highly dangerous clown. He eats words off the tip of your tongue. Then they giggle some more. Then he hurts people. Appeared in Doom Patrol #33. I made his head a little larger to show the details of his teeth and so forth.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Hoodman_Blind_DP_33_BB

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DP33.jpg

Sleepwalk:
Holly McKenzie was a British girl who had tremendous power, but only when she was asleep. She’s got super-human strength, and she’s invincible… problem is that she only has these powers when she’s asleep. And when she sleepwalks, stuff gets broken, heroes get smashed to bits and cities crumble. There’s also little chance of ever waking her up because to avoid waking, she took sleeping pills and wore headphones that played Barry Manilow.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Sleepwalk_Doom_Patrol_26_BB

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DP26.jpg

Hoodman Shame: Giggling, annoying but highly dangerous clown. He eats words off the tip of your tongue. Then they giggle some more. Then he hurts people. Appeared in Doom Patrol #33.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Hoodman_Shame_DP_33_BB

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DP33.jpg

Strider thank you for the kind Words.
Back to top Go down
twizted_micros

twizted_micros

Registration date : 2006-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 1:37 am

ah your giving my daily dose of doom! mahahahaha! great work!
Back to top Go down
blue_beetle

blue_beetle

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 3:28 am

Lt. Col. Valentina Vostok of the Soviet Air Force chose to defect to the USA, stealing an experimental Russian fighter plan in order to accomplish this. The plane malfunctioned en route and she crash-landed at the spot where the original Doom Patrol had apparently perished and was infused with the energy being which formerly inhabited the body of the Patrol's Negative Man. Inevitably, she became Negative Woman and was recruited for the second Doom Patrol for several years. While on the team she had a brief affair will her teammate Joshua Clay. Later, the energy being eventually quit her body and returned to Larry Trainor (Negative Man), whereupon she began to work for the American secret services, being involved in a number of US government departments until she ended up in Checkmate. Her current whereabouts are unknown.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Negative_Woman_DP4_BB

playing around with bandages, with different shading.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Negative_Woman_Band_DP4_BBBlue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Negative_Woman_Band1_DP4_BB

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DP4.jpg

Rhea Jones was the daughter of an Air Force official. After tagging along with her father to a government base in the Arctic, an explosion involving a powerful radioactive electromagnet killed her father and granted her elctromagnetic abilities. Rather than stick around and be dissected and experimented on by the army, she ran away and joined the circus. After a few years, Rhea was recruited by Arani Caulder to join her new Doom Patrol.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Rhea_DP_v2_v2_BB

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DP3.jpg

Another shading/coloring of sleepwalker:

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Sleepwalk_Black_DP26_BB

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DP26-1.jpg

The Brotherhood of Dada

The Dadaists were an anti-art movement that came about as a direct result of WWI. The Brotherhood of Dada are a group of super-villains that came about as a direct result of Earth’s war against aliens. Same difference. See, there was this big ol storyline that ran through all of DC’s comic books (a “crossover” as we call it in the industry) called Invasion, and it concluded with a Gene Bomb exploding. The Gene Bomb gave lots of people super powers. The series kinda sucked, but Grant Morrison found that it was a good insta-origin for characters. So here’s a group of malcontents that found themselves possessed with immense power after the Invasion. They’re not your average group of baddies, oh no! They find life pointless (as do we), and they’re determined to get people to see things their way. They’re going to take drab existence and paint it a beautiful pink polka-dot color. They bring the wackiness, and they bring the pain. What will they do with the world when it belongs to Dada? “Paint faces on Superman’s bare bottom! Use Batman as an ashtray!” Look out world, cuz these artsy types are crazy, CRAZY I tells ya!

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 TheBrotherhoodofDada

Taking tomorrow off from micro's, but will return on friday with more doom patrol goodies.
Back to top Go down
Kid Chaos!
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Kid Chaos!

Male
Scorpio Pig
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 2:46 pm

Surprised You are doing the non-Vertigo DP members, too!!! HOLY CRAP! Rhea and Negative Woman are GREAT!!!! Are you going to do those red, blue and yellow plastic men, too? Or a huge Garguax? I LOVE your thread!!!!
Back to top Go down
blue_beetle

blue_beetle

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 7:58 pm

Kid Chaos! wrote:
Surprised You are doing the non-Vertigo DP members, too!!! HOLY CRAP! Rhea and Negative Woman are GREAT!!!! Are you going to do those red, blue and yellow plastic men, too? Or a huge Garguax? I LOVE your thread!!!!

gonna try to do as much as i can that is Dp related Very Happy

Just Doing the vertigo stuff first because it is the hardest Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Anth

Male
Cancer Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 9:40 pm

I love the hoodmen affraid
Back to top Go down
Kid Chaos!
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Kid Chaos!

Male
Scorpio Pig
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 10:40 pm

blue_beetle wrote:

gonna try to do as much as i can that is Dp related Very Happy

Just Doing the vertigo stuff first because it is the hardest Very Happy

Those who remember from the old board, like Latverian, KNOW that I'm one of the greatest DP fans. I especially like Robotman and Tempest. Erik Larsen's run on it was one of my favorites. There aren't any really good micros of all of the Robotmen, General Immortus or Larsen's fat Garguax. Plus that huge robot that fights them in like DP 11 or 12 in the 80s...

Although Byrne butchered the continuity of the DP, I also like his run as well...
Back to top Go down
Felis 7
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Felis 7

Male
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 11:01 pm

talking about Byrne, did you know he have made these DP micro-heroes with Brad Monje?
Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Nudge%20JB%20BRM Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Vortex%20JB%20BRM
Back to top Go down
blue_beetle

blue_beetle

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2007 4:10 am

Some more Doom patrol related micro's:

The first two micro's are dorothy creation's.

Help From Siwtzerland has the power to make everyone conventional and boring. Appeared in Doom Patrol #68.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Help_From_Switzerland_DP68_BB

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/Doom_Patrol_V2-68-13.jpg

The Candle Burning at Both ends has the power to Exhauste his enemies with tantalizing possibilities. Appeared in Doom Patrol #68. Note: those are yellow sticky notes on his face.

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Candle_Burning_At_Both_Ends_DP_68_B

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/Doom_Patrol_V2-68-13.jpg

Larry Trainor, aka Negative Man, was a member of the original Doom Patrol. He was possessed by an alien entity, The Uroboros. The Uroboros is the last of it’s race left in the known universe. This helpful ET gave Larry the super-powers: flight, super strength, high invulnerability. The alien itself was indestructible, and could leave Larry’s body for brief periods to fight the really tough guys. The only downside being that he became highly radioactive, and thus unfit for human society. To be honest, he was very relieved when Uroboros left his life after the 1st Doom Patrol crew was dismantled. Little did he know, that like most crappy relationships, this breakup was only temporary. While spending time in a hospital, he again encountered it. It somehow joined Larry’s body with that of his doctor, Eleanor Poole, and attained a new hermaphroditic form. The world’s first hermaphrodite hero!!!

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Rebus_DP_54_BB

reference: https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/blue_beetle/DoomPatrol54-02.jpg

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Rebus_Neg_Man_DP_22_BB

Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Rebus_Planet_DP_54_BB

Felis i do remember reading somewhere that brad helped design those uniforms, not sure how that came about though?
Back to top Go down
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Anth

Male
Cancer Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2007 4:17 am

Negative man looks really good, aswell s the others
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beetles Gallery   Blue Beetles Gallery - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Beetles Gallery
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next