Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Caged Ardvark's Cache

Go down 
+32
ThisSpaceForRent
rose
Major Justice
Bub
likexaxfury
Spaz
Battleclad
MrsGrizzley
Kgoku
Dragonfist
Daisuke
croc5
Alucard
Omnis Ra
undeadjedi
NaruHina
WHY_SO_SERIOUS
Lomeli
Hudson Almeida
ION
Emissary
Witch
Undefined
Mr. Fantasy
Tempest
DragonBurger
Burningbird
Genoman
Berica
Zarus
Sir Uriel
Caged_Ardvark
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lomeli

Lomeli

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : mtPaint
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 9:03 pm

So, I'm not a huge Pokemon fan. I was when I was younger, but now I can't stand trying to watch the anime, nor have I played any of the more recent games. One of the things that bothered me about the anime was Team Rocket's inability to complete even the simplest tasks, but with your universe, you've not only rectified that issue, you've made Team Rocket an actually intimidating force. Also, I think Eric should have the hair as a grunt, only to shave it off to give himself a scarier appearance once he rose through the ranks. I don't know if you forgot to make a Mai variant with green loose hair, I just see two of same ones with her hair being green and in a bun. Don't worry about Alexa, her freckles look great; I can tell exactly what you meant to do with her. Loving the stories and the designs. Keep up the great work.
Back to top Go down
http://ultimatelomeli.deviantart.com/
Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy

Male
Aquarius Cat
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 12:41 am

Excellent micros . Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Image Software : Paint, IrfanView.
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 4:52 am

I have to so agree with Lomeli, I really love Mai and Alexa.
Back to top Go down
Caged_Ardvark

Caged_Ardvark

Male
Capricorn Goat
Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:47 am

Lomeli wrote:
So, I'm not a huge Pokemon fan. I was when I was younger, but now I can't stand trying to watch the anime, nor have I played any of the more recent games. One of the things that bothered me about the anime was Team Rocket's inability to complete even the simplest tasks, but with your universe, you've not only rectified that issue, you've made Team Rocket an actually intimidating force. Also, I think Eric should have the hair as a grunt, only to shave it off to give himself a scarier appearance once he rose through the ranks. I don't know if you forgot to make a Mai variant with green loose hair, I just see two of same ones with her hair being green and in a bun. Don't worry about Alexa, her freckles look great; I can tell exactly what you meant to do with her. Loving the stories and the designs. Keep up the great work.
Thank you, Lomeli. It means quite a lot to me to hear that from someone who's not that much of a fan. The fact that Team Rocket was inept in the anime always bothered me as well and was something that I always would like to have done differently.

Thank you for your opinion about Eric's appearance, I believe that you are correct in the matter and will most likely have his appearance reflect that in the writing. I did make a loose green hair variant for Mai, but I guess it got lost in the move. I'll have to fix that later.

Mr. Fantasy wrote:
Excellent micros . Congratulations
Thank you, Mr. Fantasy.

Kgoku wrote:
I have to so agree with Lomeli, I really love Mai and Alexa.
Thank you as well Kgoku. It's always nice to hear that people enjoy my micros.

I'm working a few more Rocket members as well as my variants of Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy. I hope to have those up pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Battleclad

Battleclad

Male
Leo Snake
Image Software : Paint, Pixia, Paint.Net, CS2 & CS5
Registration date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:47 pm

How did I miss this... I'm impressed, very impressed actually. I've always loved Pokemon but I've always longed for a more mature bad guy as it were. Personally my favourite has to be the Rocket Elite and I'm curious as to if you plan a female version.
Back to top Go down
Caged_Ardvark

Caged_Ardvark

Male
Capricorn Goat

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Battleclad wrote:
How did I miss this... I'm impressed, very impressed actually. I've always loved Pokemon but I've always longed for a more mature bad guy as it were. Personally my favourite has to be the Rocket Elite and I'm curious as to if you plan a female version.
If you missed this then you probably missed the request thread to have your own trainer made as well. And thank you, I always enjoy impressing people. I do plan on making a female version of the Elite. Most of the body work for her is already complete, I simply have to resize the jacket to fit her as well as the mask. Once I have that done however I will be posting her, probably with my next batch.
Back to top Go down
Battleclad

Battleclad

Male
Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:40 am

Oh no I didn't miss that thread, I skipped over it because I make in-game Trainers myself and would likely micro them as well. Having said that though I did entertain throwing Battleclad into the mix, however, he's partway through a base update. Still I'm looking forward to seeing more of these micros.

EDIT: Given it a glance and I may toss my trainer sprite in there.
Back to top Go down
Caged_Ardvark

Caged_Ardvark

Male
Capricorn Goat

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:33 am

I've never tried to make the in-game sprites, but I may start once I get more of my micros finished. As for the request thread I have it up mainly because I just enjoy making micros, and it's always a bit of a challenge to try and micro other's micros and keep to their standards and ideas in my own style.

If you'd like throw them both in. When you mentioned Battleclad I had a few ideas about the armor that I could kick around.
Back to top Go down
Battleclad

Battleclad

Male
Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 6:47 am

Heh, everyone seems to be having ideas about the armour lately....
Anywho that said, I have to agree working to someone's elses design ethics and putting your own spin on it is a challenge but well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Caged_Ardvark

Caged_Ardvark

Male
Capricorn Goat

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:17 am

Battleclad wrote:
Heh, everyone seems to be having ideas about the armour lately....
Anywho that said, I have to agree working to someone's elses design ethics and putting your own spin on it is a challenge but well worth it.
All my ideas of the armor deal strictly with my Pokémon universe.

Anyway, just a quick little update here. Trying out a few new things for when I post my micros, so let's see how well this works out.

Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 FemaleRocketEliteMember_zpsee91d892
First up my female version of the Elite Rocket Member.

Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 NurseJoy_zpsf0b45cfa
Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 NurseJoyV2_zps0d83a2ed
Up next Nurse Joy. While I could've went with a more reasonable red haired version to be closer to the show, I decided to go a different way and give her blonde hair because I felt like having a little change. I also did two different hair styles for her.

Her outfit consists of her civilian clothes as well as two different gowns that she wears when in a PokeCenter. I also added a symbol for all medical personnel in my universe. While nurses and doctors that deal with people have the usual red cross, the personnel that work in PokeCenters have the red and white pokeball. The one that Nurse Joy wears has the red cross with a white pokeball over it showing that she has the sills and knowledge to help people and Pokémon alike.

Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 OfficerJenny_zps174043d6
Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 OfficerJennyOptions_zpsd7596fe3
And last up for today, Officer Jenny. Since I'm not going to have a single Jenny and Joy for every city I have just the one of each so I wanted to have my own spin on each of them. For Officer Jenny I wanted a simple design, keeping her in her civilian clothes, the only real thing the discerns her as an officer is her badge or her standard issue body armor. I've also got a few different ideas for hairstyles, but couldn't decide which I liked best.

The KRPD, standing for Kanto Region Police Department, was created shortly after the appearance of Team Rocket. While every city still maintains it's own police department the KRPD was created by gathering members from all over the region. These members constantly move through the Kanto region patrolling for any sign of Team Rocket. Both Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy are members of the KRPD, Jenny traveling to make sure that all other police departments are up on the latest information on Team Rocket, while Joy travels to be sure that all medical facilities are set to deal with any casualties, pokemon or person.

That's it for now. Credit where it's due.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy

Male
Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Their women were very beautiful , congratulations
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:19 am

Very lovely work with all those beautiful woman.
Back to top Go down
Caged_Ardvark

Caged_Ardvark

Male
Capricorn Goat

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 am

Been kinda slow in the way of micros lately, but I've got one that I've been working on done.

Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 RocketsReaper_zps32437b7f
Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 RocketsReaperJackets_zpseba2d0d0
Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 RocketsReaperMasks_zpsf0a7a23a

Instead of just having a handful of generic elites to bring in from time to time I had a few ideas for specific members like the one above. This particular elite has gained the name of 'Rocket's Reaper' due to wearing a mask depicting a skull, as well as the use of a Scyther in battle. Throughout his career, before and after joining Team Rocket, he was a fighter and more than that he was a killer. Approached by Giovanni like many of the other members, only he attempted to kill Giovanni. Seeing as how it would have been a waste to kill him, Giovanni instead scarred the man with the Glasglow grin he now wears. After his time in the hospital he accepted Giovanni's offer.
Back to top Go down
Battleclad

Battleclad

Male
Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 am

Now that's an interesting design for an Elite, fitting as well given the angle you're taking.
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 am

Very interesting design. I kinda like it

Back to top Go down
Daisuke

Daisuke

Male
Aquarius Cat
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:21 am

Groovy work on the Rockets so far.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/eXtras/index.php?showforum=60
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:15 pm

interesting design..but is e a killer who uses a weapon (like his sycthe) or pokemons

that always was sth that bugged me at pokemon that they use pokemon for evferything even if a simple tool would be way simplier (for example just carry a machete you stupid Gameboy hero instead of a useless pokemon with CUT)
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Caged_Ardvark

Caged_Ardvark

Male
Capricorn Goat

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Battleclad wrote:
Now that's an interesting design for an Elite, fitting as well given the angle you're taking.
Thank you, Battleclad.

Spaz wrote:
Very interesting design. I kinda like it
Thank you, Spaz.

Daisuke wrote:
Groovy work on the Rockets so far.
Thank you, Daisuke. They're some of my favorite micros to date.

Burningbird wrote:
interesting design..but is e a killer who uses a weapon (like his sycthe) or pokemons

that always was sth that bugged me at pokemon that they use pokemon for evferything even if a simple tool would be way simplier (for example just carry a machete you stupid Gameboy hero instead of a useless pokemon with CUT)
Both weapons amd his pokemon. There's a lot of things that they don't have in the games that I plan to incorporate into mine (Weapons, uses of pokemon, pokemom colors, among others). I understand what you mean about using a tool instead of a pokemon, that's why I plan on adding those things, but in the games at least all of yoyr characters are like 10. They'll give you a dangerous, wild pokemon they caught an hour ago, but no machete since you could get hurt.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy

Male
Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Beautiful works , faces skull were excellent . Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 5:39 am

Reaper looks so wicked awesome, really like the skull masks, they all look so epic.
Back to top Go down
Caged_Ardvark

Caged_Ardvark

Male
Capricorn Goat

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:58 am

Thank you Mr. Fantasy and Kgoku.

Been quite some time since I posted, and I've just got a little update here for my pokemon universe.

Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 PestilinceGrunt_zpsda9065fa
Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 PestilinceEliteversion_zps361b4bd7
Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 PestilinceEliteversion2_zps4f949c34

Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 WarGrunt_zps4ce02aba
Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 WarEliteversion2_zps5c636ec6
Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 WarEliteversion1_zps077f98fd

Still working up a backstory for both of these characters. But for now they are two of a set of four whose Elite aliases are based of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The woman, for now just going by Pestilence/Plague, uses pokemon that are poisonous on her targets. The man, for now just going by War, uses pokemon that explode (I chose this mainly because I have an idea of introducing his character like it was a Michael Bay movie with explosions going off everywhere) to take out his targets.

I designed these character with several outfits because of how I want to corporate them into my universe. Each of the characters based on the Four Horsemen were placed among the grunts for two reasons. 1) To gauge who among them are worthy enough to remain in Team Rocket. 2) To become noteworthy enough to be chosen as lieutenants to Giovanni's executives, so he can always keep an eye on them. The second outfit shows what they wear after they are chosen too become lieutenants to the Executives. Then I have two different versions of their elite outfits. I chosen purple for Pestilence/Plague because in the games that is the color they use. As for War, I chose orange because it stands out, and any assassin (who to my knowledge are usually quiet) who uses explosives to kill targets obviously wants some attention.
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Nice!

Back to top Go down
Kgoku

Kgoku

Male
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 am

Groovy job, they both look so awesome, really love Pestilence/Plague.
Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:19 pm

sweet additions i have to say i prefer the outfits where the colour is the minority
gives a more unity style to them
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy

Male
Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Another group of micro fine, your Pokemon Universe this very good. Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caged Ardvark's Cache   Caged Ardvark's Cache - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caged Ardvark's Cache
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Microheroes International Board :: Old Galleries From 2010 To 2015-
Jump to: