Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

MIB Archive...the project

Go down 
+19
Haydn
Woodmouse
Corpse Army
Squigfly
rom
Mowzer
txf
Anth
Zedox
Dax
Facumagia
Spaz
Bub
Omnis Ra
Emissary
Joebleau
Shinobu
mccollough
Burningbird
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

MIB Archive...the project Empty
PostSubject: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:22 pm

I was serving arround the net to look at micros this WE
and aside ZBB there wasnt a realy good organised and detailled archive

I know JBB has started his own page some time ago but its only organised alphabeticly mostly just one version a time and the right click barrier stops you from getting informations who made the micro etc, i know it should stop thefthing but thats what archives are for mostly

Its more like a record site: every comic character a micro

So .. why do i tell you this

I have a drastic and maybe crazy idea (had it several times this is the first time i speak it out loud)
ZBB is gone sadly and terfor he left his side to none to take care of it

so since he vanished this awesome site isnt updated anymore

So i thought why not take care of it by hack it and put it under the control of the MIB?

i know im mixed with this idea as well cause its like opening a grave from a master who died and maybe even damage his heir...but it could bring so much use...

YOU IDEAS??

Last edited by Burningbird on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
mccollough
The Epic One
The Epic One
mccollough

Male
Scorpio Rooster
Image Software : Paint. Simple, yet the best IMO.
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Hacking is a bad idea. However, surely if somone could just get hold of him temporarily, we could ask him for control. Would be a much better idea than illegally hacking it.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu

Shinobu

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : Paint/Photoshop
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Or why dont we ask mods, admins ect. to create a site similar site that hosts microes from the archives?

It doesn't really have to be a mod or admin it could be a normal user as long as they ask whoever for permission to host there microes on this new site. Could even ask Microers to create new microes specifically for certain areas of the site wether it be film or comic stars.

It could be "The Micro Heroes Archive Site" or something along those lines anyway...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKEu3InZJgEuXqWTO54t1Q
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster
Registration date : 2006-11-06

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:23 pm

im working too on a archive kind of thing ...not complete but better then nothing for the moment

https://s940.photobucket.com/home/archive-microheroes/index

Back to top Go down
http://marvel-microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel-Microheroes_Wiki
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:18 pm

but its so diffrent joe
its like the other thing youi started its just a bunch of micros(not meant offenseive)

ZBB is orderd in DC marvel tv coinema xmen bamtan etc

its jUst THE SITE

and i know we could start sth new
my idea behind the whole hacking is just
why startz sth compltly new when there is a amasterpiece ...???

and mcc sadly i think noone has contact to him anymore
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:47 pm

ZBB posts somewhat frequently on Facebook.com, so if anyone wishes to convey their ideas to him, try getting ahold of him there.

MIB Archive...the project Ragxxi29MIB Archive...the project Fastes10MIB Archive...the project Rag_xx21MIB Archive...the project Em_s_f10MIB Archive...the project I_vote11MIB Archive...the project Emi10MIB Archive...the project Em_zps05e308ce MIB Archive...the project Kat-my13

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/m4ttne55
Omnis Ra

Omnis Ra

Male
Sagittarius Goat
Image Software : MS PAINT
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:58 pm

And what is his handel?
Back to top Go down
mccollough
The Epic One
The Epic One
mccollough

Male
Scorpio Rooster
Image Software : Paint. Simple, yet the best IMO.
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Emissary wrote:
ZBB posts somewhat frequently on Facebook.com, so if anyone wishes to convey their ideas to him, try getting ahold of him there.

See THERE is a good plan!
Back to top Go down
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 12:56 am

yeah i know BB only a few thousands micro in the same place it not the same,,,

or something like that could be done

https://sites.google.com/site/archivemicro/home?

but only one guys with all those micros ? i dont think it could be done ... ZBB had years to do his site .....

Trying to do something good is hard believe me
Back to top Go down
Bub

Bub

Male
Libra Pig
Image Software : MS Paint XP
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:53 am

I think its more like he needs to give someone the log-in information. Joe the other site linking to his is an idea, but how would we add more.
Back to top Go down
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:03 am

in french we got a phrase :

Rome n'a pas été construite en un jour....

Rome was not built in one day.

after the home page is done the micros will have to be upload...now like i was saying this will take a lot of time but it could be done.
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:03 am

Well, as some of you may know, I have some experience making base sites like that (just check any of my various sites).
I also have no issues with doing most of the grunt work - I sleep about 2-4 hours per day and have little to do about 5 hours per day.
I can make the pages and upload the content, but I don't have any inclination to deal with procuring a site.
If someone wants me to, I'll make the pages and upload them, but I don't know what images I'd upload (all the images from MIB only, or all micro sites?)
Let me know, I'm willing to do it, though I must admit my specialty is more Marvel than anything else, though I do know some DC, Someone else will either have to do the rest, or tell me how to organize them

Back to top Go down
Facumagia

Facumagia

Male
Libra Rat
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:11 am

I have started some kind of forum a few days ago. If you want, you guys can register in it and we can collaborate on creating some galleries about an specific theme, like one for DC, another for Marvel and so on.

Here is the link: http://microforum1.boardsmessage.com/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:06 am

Spaz wrote:
but I don't have any inclination to deal with procuring a site.

If by that you mean procuring a hosting space. That I can do, I would have to take take of making the uploads though. We could deal with the formalities privately.

Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:51 am

Dax wrote:
If by that you mean procuring a hosting space. That I can do, I would have to take take of making the uploads though. We could deal with the formalities privately.

Yes, I did mean hosting space. However, I should be able to upload. My sites, for example, are provided by someone else (Lil) and I'm still able to upload myself; it's all in how the permissions et al are set.

But you're right; further details will be discussed privately. Joe's sent me the links to his thing, and I'll see what I can see there, and see what I think we need. I'll report back to him and get back to you soon too.

Back to top Go down
Omnis Ra

Omnis Ra

Male
Sagittarius Goat
Image Software : MS PAINT
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:15 pm

Well I talked to him and he said I can do his site, I'm just waiting for the info. If someone wants to help me do it I'm up for that.
Back to top Go down
Zedox

Zedox

Male
Taurus Rooster
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Great Omnis Very Happy Maybe we can see some updates on ZBB's site soon then? Razz
Back to top Go down
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Anth

Male
Cancer Monkey
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:18 pm

If ZBB has given Omnis permission to take over and run his site, I think it's a fantastic move.

However it's obviously a difficult job, keeping such a site updated so thought I'd suggest an idea.

I think Omnis should gather a small trustworthy* team who he can work with to keep the site up to date.

* By trustworthy I mean, dedicated creators/ collectors who aren't temperamental and likely to damage the site if annoyed.
Back to top Go down
txf

txf

Male
Scorpio Snake
Image Software : MS Paint and Photoshop
Registration date : 2006-12-07

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:22 pm

*Slightly off-topic:*

I don't think I ever quite understood what ZBB's site was. I mean, I understand it's a collection of micros. But, is it a collection of every micro ever?...or like, specific micros from specific people?..or...what? o.O

Sorry, I know it's off-topic, but I figured since this is a ZBB based thread, it'd be better than making a new thread for a simple question.

Also, I don't know if there's already credit on there(haven't been there in ages)..But I think one thing that should be added, assuming it's not already, is credit to people that you can add it to. Like, "if" you were to add a micro by me, put on there it's by "TXF"(just using me as an example..) Maybe if you hover over the specific micro, the name of whoever made it pops up.--Obviously you couldn't do it with a lot of the older ones, seeing as you probably don't know who made them, but just an idea for newer ones that gets added..
Back to top Go down
Shinobu

Shinobu

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : Paint/Photoshop
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Well there is the Credit section but i see what you mean nobody knows which microes that credited person made. Maybe it should have the creators name underneath each micro so people know who made what.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKEu3InZJgEuXqWTO54t1Q
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Anth

Male
Cancer Monkey

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:31 pm

No no, credit lines would look off on this site, yes there is the creators section which includes all the artists included on the site however if you want people to know the micro was created by you then you'd simply but your tag in the file name e.g. mine is -ar

ZBB used to only put the micros of creators on his site if that creator had given him permission in his thread.
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Or if they PMed/IMed/emailed him their micros

Back to top Go down
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:16 pm

well a clean up should be done too ...
the asymetrical micro should go
the links are a pain in the ass
the credits issue should be work on
some micro are not in the good place i could go on and on and on
Back to top Go down
Zedox

Zedox

Male
Taurus Rooster
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Well if needed i'm willing to help as much i can...
Back to top Go down
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Anth

Male
Cancer Monkey

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:27 pm

The site would definitely need dedicated people who are willing to iron out any kinks and work hard.

I can think of a few members I would eagerly nominate to take on the task but I'd like to hear what Omnis would like to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MIB Archive...the project
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next