Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

MIB Archive...the project

Go down 
+19
Haydn
Woodmouse
Corpse Army
Squigfly
rom
Mowzer
txf
Anth
Zedox
Dax
Facumagia
Spaz
Bub
Omnis Ra
Emissary
Joebleau
Shinobu
mccollough
Burningbird
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:57 am

once again i cant tel lwhat dave is trying to tell us
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Corpse Army

Corpse Army

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : paint,photoshop
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:11 am

for spaz site dude
Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:46 am

so you collected every micro of MIB without us knwoing or what?

try to talk in a way people can understand you
Back to top Go down
Corpse Army

Corpse Army

Male
Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:57 am

no all of mine dude lol i would never take other people stuff that wrong
Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:38 am

okay now i got it
and if you saw this in any way as an attack against you im very sorry
Back to top Go down
Corpse Army

Corpse Army

Male
Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:39 am

no BB i know you weren't attacking ^_^ it was just a misunderstanding on my part
Back to top Go down
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I don't know how much this has evolved since your last update. But I have assembled a list of microheroes I wish to submit to the archive. Just tell me when you want me to send them to you.

Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Thanks. I've hit some road blocks in development. I"m working on fixing them now.
As for when I'll be intaking micros, I'll let you know.

Back to top Go down
Woodmouse

Woodmouse

Male
Leo Dog
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Um, I'm sorry if this has been said before or something, but at least I didn't notice it if it has been.
So...
Wouldn't the organizing of the archive could be done in many ways? I mean, like tags. You know, for example, there could be stuff like... charasterictics of the micros. I know it'd take 10 times more time, and it couldn't be done 100% automatically, but... That way finding the micros would be easier. And creator of the micros, if it's known. If it's not, simply put "creator not known; contact if you know who did it" or something like that. I know there could easily be people taking credit of others' work, but that can easily be found out... I mean, contacting the person who said it was, and then ask. It takes effort and stuff, but it doesn't have to be done quickly, right?
And also, if the tags could be done, then it'd be easy to put categories like: "horror", "superhero", etc. That way it wouldn't matter if it was Marvel or DC or if it's from some movie or game or anything. And once someone finds out where it's from, then edit it.

...If this sounds overly stupid... Well. Then it does. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:43 am

No, you have it completely wrong Woodmouse.
Te issues aren't with how to classify the microers - they'd all be giving their micros to me to be uploaded. If they want tags, that's their issue, not mine.
My issues have to do with a more fundamental problem; once I decided how I'd break them down into groups/pages for easiest viewing, I had to then decide if I'd make the new site as icon-nav heavy as ZBB's was. After that, it was in tracking down the images I wanted (all still not at the micro uploading level). For all the images I need, I need to find clean copies, not fuzzy or messy jpgs. And for classifications that have no image, I need to deide if I want the section divisions text-based, or if I'm going to make them as homemade icons.
Do you know how hard it is to recreate something as broad as ZBB's site? it's murder.
That being said, I have three jobs in RL, as well as classes, and other demands on my time. As such, it is taking longer than I'd anticipated to get everything up.

To add another layer, there are four people helping me; two have disappeared off the net, it seems.

And despite this being a fairly commented on and viewed thread, I've only heard of 5 members who want to have their micros included. As such, I've taken that to mean that there is no rush to actually finish the site in a hurry; I may as well make it as awesome as I can.

Just checked my inbox again, and these are the members who have explicitly expressed interest in having their work on the archive site:
Facumagia
Squigfly
rom
dave
DenDen
Anth
Dax
Joe
Fallen Angel
Mowser
Zedox
Ghost_Spider
Necroleaf
Haydnc95
Burningbird
Alex

Blue have PMed me, Green have actually sent me their stuff.

Last edited by Spaz on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:45 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Woodmouse

Woodmouse

Male
Leo Dog
Image Software : Photoshop
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Oh... I'm pretty stupid mostly, so I didn't understand that. Sorry if I offended you or something.
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:39 pm

No, I'm not offended; I'm merely being graphically specific so there is no further confusion for anyone

Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:56 am

So, another update:
Worked out the major kinks, and some of the minor ones.
I've begun to add the micros.
So, for those of you contributing (listed on the bottom of page 4), please check your PMs.
If you aren't on the list but would like to be, please feel free to PM me.

Back to top Go down
Haydn

Haydn

Male
Pisces Pig
Image Software : MS Paint, Paint.NET
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:07 am

Aaah, the many times I used to go on ZBB site to check updates. I used to love seeing them all :')
Too bad it's not that active anymore :/
By the way Spaz, i'll gladly have my Micros on a site
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:29 am

Holy! Another update!
I've gotten (and uploaded) all the micros for everything not Marvel or DC from the following: dave, DenDen, Dax, Ghost_Spider, Mowser and myself.
I've even added the Marvel and DC from Dax and dave (dave sent it all as one batch Evil or Very Mad and I was on IM with Dax)
Haydn, I'm still waiting for you to PM me so I can walk you through the process

Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:23 am

As things continue to trickle in, I've been able to pretty much keep up with the stream, not being swept away.
That said, I *may* have the site accessible to the public by the first weekend in September (so in 8-10 days)

Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:38 am

dont feel pushed or rushed masgter spaz.. take your time and who say diffrent gets a kick in the butt from BB

even if i mainky do stuff from my imagination and ony like 2% are based on actual design i might upload stuff their

PM sent!
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:47 am

Thank you for the PM, BB.
So, I've got another update: I've uploaded 1500 micros, with a total of approximately 85 pages.
And this is without me really touching the Marvel section.
I've received a few PMs in response to the ones I sent out, and I'm going to answer here as well as in the PMs.
Yes, I really DO want you to put them in folders and send me the zip, I've already worked through 1500 micros, and I still have 5200 left. I simply do not have the time to go and look for the micros to add. Nor do I have time to track down teams. If they aren't ones I know personally, I'm not going to add them. Not for a while, at the very least. Also, with school starting up, I have less time to work on the site, and I would like to have some time to micro again.
Also, I'm going to ask for you to double check the spelling in the filenames.... there have been some that just don't make sense.
Dax, DenDen, GS, dave, and Mowser: I've added all your micros.
Necro: I've got all but Marvel up.
Facumagia, I have added about 5 of your micros; I have no idea which ones are ones you made, and which are actually based on games/movies/comics. I know that the Earth 1414 is homemade, but everything else is guesswork from me.
I haven't even really started with most of my stuff (as it's Marvel).
And I'm back to working on the archive...

Back to top Go down
Facumagia

Facumagia

Male
Libra Rat
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:03 am

Spaz: All the ones I have sent to you, I made them. Earth-1414 is home made.
The rest are from comics.
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 am

so anything not marked 1414 is canon? and I can actually see the references if I looked for them?

Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Another update:
I've added all the micros from everything other than Marvel, and I've also managed to finish the FF, Avengers, Defenders, Alpha Flight, and New Warriors.
That being said, these sections are a little sparse; I have no canon look from the FF, nor from most of the heavy hitters from the Avengers: Iron man, Wasp, Hulk, Hercules, Black Knight, Wonder man, or War Machine.

Back to top Go down
Patrick O'Leary

Patrick O'Leary

Male
Taurus Rooster
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Are you still open to contributions?
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:19 pm

yup, just PM me

Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Been working through the Marvel micros - witrh a focus on the X titles (since that's hte largest section of micros we've got.) All I've got remaining for the X are: X-Statix, Divers, and X-Force.
Once they're done, I'll be moving on to FF (I still don't have canon looks of these characters), Marvel Knights, Golden Age, Indie Characters, Villains, Squadron, Invaders, and some random others.
However, I've come across a slight wrinkle. My comp with all the programs and paraphenalia for the uploading etc has crashed. I can continue to make the pages on my laptop, but as it doesn't have internet access, I can't upload. And this comp is in an internet cafe, so I can't afford hte time to upload everything.

Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:48 pm

So, I have another update (Dunno if anyone cares, but oh well).
It's a good news/bad news situation:
Good News: Save for a few of Patrick's micros (I'll PM you about which ones, Derek) the site is finished!
Bad News: I can't upload them from this computer -.-
Good News: My computer (which I can upload from) is being fixed
Bad News: I won't be getting my comp back before Tuesday night, if I'm lucky.

So, I'm a little dissappointed with the turn out from the members. THere were a lot of people "interested" in the topic, but never PMed anyone I know of.
Then, of those 17 I PMed with information, only 7 followed through (well, 8, but I have no idea about Facumagia's micros - still don't know which are canon).
THerefore, to prove a point, I've gone through the thread and split the commentors into three groups:

Those who sent me their micros: dave, DenDen, Dax, Mowser, Ghost_Spider, Necroleaf, Patrick O'Leary, (Facumagia)
Those who I spoke to via PM about what I needed and they never followed through with sending me hte micros: Squigfly, rom, Anth, Joe, Fallen Angel, Zedox, Haydnc95, Burningbird, Alex
Those who talked about credit and other topics in this thread, but never even said they wanted their micros on the archive: Woodmouse, Emissary, Omnis Ra, txf, Shinobu, mccollough, The Bub

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MIB Archive...the project
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next