Microheroes International Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

MIB Archive...the project

Go down 
+19
Haydn
Woodmouse
Corpse Army
Squigfly
rom
Mowzer
txf
Anth
Zedox
Dax
Facumagia
Spaz
Bub
Omnis Ra
Emissary
Joebleau
Shinobu
mccollough
Burningbird
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mowzer

Mowzer

Male
Leo Dragon
Image Software : Paint
Registration date : 2007-01-19

MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:17 pm

If you're doing Anth's team idea, I'm up for it

Especially if we get to wear brightly coloured uniforms and fight crime

Are you keeping it french or changing to english? Could be interesting to have it be multilingual
Back to top Go down
Omnis Ra

Omnis Ra

Male
Sagittarius Goat
Image Software : MS PAINT
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:18 pm

I'm all for cleaning up, and making it more accessable to people to get what information they need. Yeah if people are going to do a good job and not cause problems when they appear I'm all for the help. I'll post when I get the information from ZBB.
Back to top Go down
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster
Registration date : 2006-11-06

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Mercy and Hyperman should be considered for their vast knowledge ofMarvel and DC universe
Back to top Go down
http://marvel-microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel-Microheroes_Wiki
Dax
Administrator
Administrator
Dax

Sagittarius Rat
Image Software : Paint Shop Pro X
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:43 pm

I don't think microheroes should be deleted from the site, unless the creator of said micro explicitly stated that doesn't want (or no longer want) his micros to be displayed there.

Yes even the old crappy micros in asymmetrical style should be kept there, especially if they are the only representation of that character.

Super Secret Project done at 35.48% (11 out of 31)
Back to top Go down
http://daxverse.free.fr/
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:35 pm

yeah right like we were ever able to be on the same opinion
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Okay, I'm going to toss in my two cents here. Feel free to agree or disagree, but I'd like to argue that we not touch the old site.

The reason is multifold:

1-It's part of our collective community history. There are micros on there some of made years ago that we'd want gone because they embarrass us now (I'd delete more than half mine...). However, they were great back then and that should be remembered: sort of like go forward with a clear memory of what's been before.

2-That was Jerome's baby. This new one (which I am advocating) would be ours. We would shape it, and contribute to it.

3-Starting new would be easier. More time consuming initially as it would have to be built from the ground up, but we'd be more familiar with it and would therefore be more comfortable with it should we begin again.

4-Memory of those gone. Rat is gone. Sunder is gone. Several others have left the comm or slowly faded. I'd rather have them as they are remembered there, and not deal with a type of desecration of their memories or our goals that were omnipresent at the inception of the site. Cleaning house would remove that. This, I know, goes back to point 1.

5-User-friendliness. Jerome's site, while far reaching, is simply messy from a logistic standpoint. to go in and fix/rearrange/reorder links is cumbersome. This leads back to point 3.

So, to sum up; I'd suggest a new site because it would be neater, more tailored to what we want, and because there is no need to change what was - why tear down the old house that is perfectly good, when, really, you want the new house built in a different location and style anyways? it's easier, cheaper and faster to just build the new one elsewhere and leave the old one for the next generations to marvel at it's loftiness.

And as I'm now waxing poetic, I shall end my argumentation.

Back to top Go down
Facumagia

Facumagia

Male
Libra Rat
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Spaz, I agree with you!
Back to top Go down
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:54 pm

très bon point.

Really good point
Back to top Go down
Zedox

Zedox

Male
Taurus Rooster
Image Software : MS Paint
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:20 am

I say keep it as it is and just update it with new micros
Back to top Go down
Burningbird

Burningbird

Male
Aries Goat
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:26 am

at first let me tell you how happy i am that this thread got so much feedback
2nd the hacking wasnt my fav. idea cause i saw it as sth like desecration of graves
Therfor i think we should creat a new site under the control of MIB

I think we should have some sort of team that got its special area at the board where they can talk about the site and exchange their stuff etc
and whenever someone gets kicked out of the team change the password--- you never know who you can trust

MY Ideas for the site
make a good entry page
it should state how to use the archive, how credit issues can be solved etc
contact link where noon Mimb members could submit their micros

For every character split the site into two..
Actual comic or movie designs and user invented ones

Credit issue: do it like this MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 ABEL_Azrael004
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Batman/azrael/ABEL_Azrael004.gif
atleast thats one way to do it every pic hosted on the site should have the name of the author and which character (maybe even which style) it is

for the ressource of the micros i would use Mib mainly and also via email like i said before, maybe we could enable the feature (dont know if Virtua board has it ) that you could use a prefix what marks if you allow to scan your gallery for resource or not
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/burningslide/gallery
Facumagia

Facumagia

Male
Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:15 am

Good Idea also BB
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:20 am

Well, I have been working on a base (VERY base) template.
I've got a few other big names from here assisting with the initial stuff. Once that is finished, we'll (i.e. me) will start collecting the micros.
I'm hoping (just hoping, mind you) that the base idea will be ready in a few weeks where we can show it off for feedback. Also, we've come up with some interesting ideas for contests and such for more involvement from the board members
After that, the more tedious work of creating the actual character pages will commence.
We may actually have some sort of viable site running by August.
But this is all tentative

Back to top Go down
rom
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
rom

Male
Taurus Horse
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:43 am

yeahhh great idea Spaz and guys
but why not calling this new site
Ze Ball Breaker II in hommage to him or something
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:47 am

I don't think we need to.
We (the main grunts now) were kicking around ideas about the naming... and the II part is a pain

Back to top Go down
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:15 am

Ze
Big
Brother
Archive

ZBBA
Back to top Go down
Squigfly

Squigfly

Male
Taurus Pig
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:55 am

I think this is a great idea Spaz, a new micro archive is just what we need.
Back to top Go down
Corpse Army

Corpse Army

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : paint,photoshop
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:11 am

for sure dude i miss ze his site was great for all us little people to be seen ^_^
Back to top Go down
Facumagia

Facumagia

Male
Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:03 pm

What about this name: Da Micro Archive -Powered by MIB-
Back to top Go down
Joebleau

Joebleau

Male
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:47 pm

While we are feeling nostalgic ....

i putting some old website that you cant find anymore on the net.

Credit go the the creators .... and mistakes too Very Happy im only copying them as i have them on my pc

https://sites.google.com/site/microheroeswebring/home
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:45 am

Alright boys and girls, here I am with an update:
The basic payout is coming along, the nav buttons are the last thing to be made (because I couldn't make any I liked), the breakdown is under discussion/revision, and so on.
What I am going to ask is that people think long and hard about if they want their work shown on the site. If no, that's cool. If yes, start going through your files and selecting the ones you want included (I'm assuming that you are like me and don't want all the old ones you don't like showing up on this new site).
Decide if you want to have a tag on your files (as BB suggested 10 comments ago).
We won't be adding all the micros up yet, but think about it.
Feel free to PM one of the following to say you'd like to participate: Dax, DenDen, Anth Joe or myself. DON'T SEND MICROS.
When we get to the micro stage, whomever you PMed will PM you back and explain the process of how to proceed so that the work can be efficient and simple (less chance of us omitting your work on the initial pass).

Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:44 am

Site is aquired.
Base layout finalized.
Images are beginning to be uploaded.

The hunt for a name and a logo begins.

Back to top Go down
Zedox

Zedox

Male
Taurus Rooster
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:49 am

So when will we be offered a link to the site? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator
Spaz

Other / Decline to state
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:51 am

When there is actually something to navigate.

Back to top Go down
Emissary
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness
Emissary

Male
Sagittarius Monkey
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:52 am

Looking forward to it. Smile

MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Ragxxi29MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Fastes10MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Rag_xx21MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Em_s_f10MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 I_vote11MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Emi10MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Em_zps05e308ce MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Kat-my13

My Deviantart
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/m4ttne55
Corpse Army

Corpse Army

Male
Leo Goat
Image Software : paint,photoshop
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:55 am

i almost have every micro sorted already i have so much of mine @_@

Last edited by dave on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MIB Archive...the project   MIB Archive...the project - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MIB Archive...the project
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next